Wild Bill On The Militarization Of Police

This is a discussion on Wild Bill On The Militarization Of Police within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I agree, this is starting to look ominous....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Wild Bill On The Militarization Of Police

I agree, this is starting to look ominous.
    BamaT, cn262, Tzadik and 13 others like this.

Couldnt have said it better or nearly as well myself. I respect LE but they have went way to far with the ninja suits masks and quasi military tactics.
    msgt/ret, BamaT, Chevy-SS and 1 others like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I agree. I've also been bothered by this trend.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I have to agree, the police are becoming the Brown Shirts and we also have the NSA as the Gestapo.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I do not like the militarization of our police one bit.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Washington State seems to be a happy exception to this trend. an article in the July 14, 2013 issue of the Seattle Times describes how the State's emphasis, "shifts from drilling warriors to training 'guardians'." Sue Rahr, the new executive director of the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission is quoted in the article as saying, "This is not about preparing soldiers to go to war. It's a different role." another quote: "enforcement isn't the goal. it's only a tool." part of the new program is a called, "L.E.E.D," for listen, explain, equity, dignity, as the way to approach members of the public with whom they come in contact.

"Ultimately, Rahr hopes to alter the police culture statewide" "The changes have not come without challenges..." and, "she (Rahr) has dealt with skepticism about dropping military protocols."

all in all, a hopeful change in approach. i was interested enough to save that issue of the Times, which is why i'm able to quote from it.

it was a long article by the standards of today's newspapers - two complete pages, plus part of a third.

the headline/title of the article is, "POLICE ACADEMY 2.0: Less military training, more empathy" by steve miletich. i also found it at seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021389398_policeacademyxml.html

i'm sure there's a quicker way to link to this article, but i'm not very computer literate. sorry.

while trying to find the link, i came across a brief article in which seattle's idiot mayor mcginn is urging the city's businesses to prohibit legal CWP holders from carrying guns on their premises. more "victim disarmament zones".
    Last edited by sensei2; August 19th, 2013 at 03:18 AM.

I think it’s important that we properly identify where to focus our anger. Do we have a situation where the rank and file LEO has gone too far or where their supervisors haven’t gone far enough? Somebody is setting the plans and approving the expenditures and it sure isn’t the guy riding around in the squad car. Sounds like we could use more people like Sue Rahr (although I didn't take the time to read the article).
    Kennydale likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Unless your working undercover no mask is needed to make a bust.
    Poorly and msgt/ret like this.

I read a great quote, I think by the late Col. Cooper, that said cops should all go back to peaked caps and blues and ditch all the paramilitary wannabee stuff. This was years before the militarization of the police had reached the public consciousness. Prescient.
    tony1990 likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I have a lot of respect for individual officers. But the policies they work under I disagree with. No knock warrents. The militarization of officers. The fact that swat is now used for almost everything. The fact that their oversight is I.A. which is just fellow officers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

...way back when I was on, the feds started giving grants to the locals...if they don't spend it...they don't get it next year...it's more about dollars than it is sense...
    palmgopher, Tzadik and atctimmy like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Unless your working undercover no mask is needed to make a bust.
    Criminal wear masks. UC cops should sit out the raids.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am in agreement! The Police force is NOT a military but more and more are looking and acting like it.

May be it is how I was raised, but masked men has always been
    the ones Gene, Roy, & John Wayne fought AGAINST and the LEO
    SHOULD NOT WEAR MASKS.
    msgt/ret likes this.

I had never heard of Wild Bill before, but after checking out a few of his other videos they all seem to have a healthy dose of "straight talk" and common sense, and are lacking the political correctness that you find elsewhere. Good find - thanks for passing it along!
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links