This might be more effective than buy backs...

This is a discussion on This might be more effective than buy backs... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not only do you get (apparently) "illegal guns" (the kind that the blooming idiot SHOULD be after... You know, the ones in the hands of ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 2 Post By patri0t
  • 1 Post By nontechguy

Thread: This might be more effective than buy backs...

This might be more effective than buy backs...

Not only do you get (apparently) "illegal guns" (the kind that the blooming idiot SHOULD be after... You know, the ones in the hands of criminals) off the streets, you get cold hard cash, too. No need to beg for cash card/gift card sponsors.

A dozen guns in two days. The right way. At least, it appears that way.

Story here

I think we gun owning wahckos call that "enforcing existing laws." Apparently no gun free zone laws were used to get these guns off the streets, No AWB laws.... Maybe the Federal AOW law on the shotty, I don't know... Just the use of laws in place prior to Aurora, Sandy Hook and all the other recent tragedies... And good, real police work... Gee whoodathunk?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

I want to know what gang-banger had the PINK gun!
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Probably his lady's gun... but you never know... maybe just one who was really secure in his "manhood" behind the gun?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    That was Bad Bruce's gun!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Hah, funny thing is, they spend BILLIONS on law enforcement, 'gun control' efforts. Heck, if they'd just offer $10k for every criminal to turn in his guns, they'd do it and consider themselves ahead. Put them on a type of welfare. They could do it for a 10th of the cost of all the jails and prisons and judges and cops. But NO they have to do it the hard way. To me it shows they're not really serious.

Think about it. NO cop wants crime to drop to almost nothing. He'd be out of a job. Same way with judges and lawyers. They all WANT crime, in fact they THRIVE only because of crime. So letting BGs out of prison works FOR them.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Probably his lady's gun... but you never know... maybe just one who was really secure in his "manhood" behind the gun?
    Pink gun ... compensated (compensating), apparently.

You know, with all of these gun buy-backs, I'd bet the traditional law enforcement mechanisms take far more off the streets. And they're already out there, already have the method of "acquisition" in place, already have the ability to destroy/resell in place (after due process, of course). And no Constitution is set on fire, no ulterior motives are catered to, no BS message is flung at citizens to coddle the anti-gunners who believe such schemes to be manna from heaven. Standard law enforcement. Who would have thought it'd be so effective.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

No such thing as cops needing crime. I could have spent my 40 years in LE doing traffic & domestics.
    Since Oblabber declared the "War-on-Drugs" over (too racist), illegal firearm seizures near stopped.

When I worked as a Trooper Det-Sgt in the narc unit, we'd collect illegal firearms from criminals by the truck-load weekly. We'd also confiscate enough 'drug-money' to give the taxpayers a break.

In the 90s, we wrecked the drug/gun running business with Inter-Agency Task Forces.
    Now days, Oblamma says 'hands-off Drugs & Terrorists'.... and impose Gun Control on Good Citizens?
    LE knows exactly where the illegal guns are, but 'Leftist Politicians' want to coddle criminals with bad politics. The Marxist goal.
    ShooterGranny and knight65 like this.

VIP Member
    Officers seized one gun after a report of shots fired in the Birch Park apartment complex. Another three came from traffic stops, and BAYANET collected six guns during a raid in the 900 Block of Norman Street. Those guns are pictured at left. Officers also seized $2,100 in cash and made three arrests at the Norman Street address.
    They claim 12 guns “taken” off the streets but only three arrests, does not sound very efficient to me. Would have been far better if they had a dozen arrests.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Traffic stops? See what happens when you have a warrant on your plates.

giggle
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

We had a case involving the Vagos where a guy was convicted of pistol whipping a guy with a pink pistol.

How and why were these guns removed? The story leaves a lot unexplained.

I was arrested (not convicted wasn't guilty of anything) 20 some years back and had my gun seized without just cause.
    It took a lawyer and a couple of months to get it back without compensation.

Is that what happened here, or were they removed from their owners for good and just reason?

The story seems to suggest that any gun off the streets is something to boast about.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    How and why were these guns removed? The story leaves a lot unexplained.
    The writer apparently failed journalism, and can't operate Spellchecker.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

There is virtually no such thing as journalism anymore. Hasn't been for a number of years.
    elmacgyver0 likes this.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Links