Navy Yard: the cops amaze me

This is a discussion on Navy Yard: the cops amaze me within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Cops Amaze Me | Bob Lonsberry "Some days I honestly donít know how they do it." Good commentary on the rapid response of law ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 13 Post By gasmitty
  • 2 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By JDE101
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Navy Yard: the cops amaze me

The Cops Amaze Me | Bob Lonsberry

"Some days I honestly donít know how they do it."

Good commentary on the rapid response of law enforcement in DC and running into danger, not from it.

Worth a few minutes of your time.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Most are special human beings with a will to help. It is found in LE work, military work, and civilian work. Some people are wired to be better than the rest. I appreciate the sacrifice that these people are willing to make everyday. A simple thank you, doesnt seem to be enough, but for them, that is all they need......
    USM1976 and Bad Bob like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Some of my BEST FRIENDS are officers and my hat is always off to & for them,
    a great bunch of guys,,,, as all as YOU STAY STRAIGHT.

Good, and well written, article. We've heard endless "blather" from the talking heads about the nutcase (I refuse to type his name and give him more credit) who did the shooting. I'd like to see and hear more about the heroes who stopped him!
    USM1976 likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

A well deserved tribute to some folks who did a great job!

Distinguished Member
    Something to think about the next time you are pulled over. The "JOB" requires many hats to be worn. Just keep in mind that the same guys are stuck having to wear several different styles. Traffic, domestic violence, one minute we hate them the next we are hoping they save someones life.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

VIP Member
    Gasmitty, thanks for starting this thread. I'm a bit saddened that there haven't been more stories about them,
    and that there hasn't been more response in this thread.

Going in to stop this situation doesn't sound like my idea of a nice day at the office.

And while we are tipping hats, let's remember that most of these folks have wives and kids, and their loved
    ones are never certain their man (woman) will be home that night instead of in a hospital ICU or a morgue.
    The families deserve our deep appreciation too.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

my hats off to these unsung people that do this everyday and nite. To all i say Thank You Very Much. these people dispise and hate, get called al kinds words(some i can not print). i hearthis everyday in federal/state prisions. in the investigator slot i hear this from both white and africian americans, most would used body fliud on you. one inmate told myself here recently he would to spit on all cops. said make him feel real good. love them one and all.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Something to think about the next time you are pulled over. The "JOB" requires many hats to be worn. Just keep in mind that the same guys are stuck having to wear several different styles. Traffic, domestic violence, one minute we hate them the next we are hoping they save someones life.
    I only "hate" the bad apples in the barrel, though many take a few bad apples as coloring the entire barrel. I don't think that, and I don't think most folks do.

Though, your point is well taken. It's a very tough job and role they play. It's part psychologist and nanny, part enforcer, part first responder and friend indeed. The vast majority of them do the "thankless" portions with pride and dignity, and nearly all of them will run toward the "fire" and do whatever is necessary for the innocents there. My hat goes off for each of them.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I feel for the ones trying to do right.It's something you want to do.It sure isn't for the money

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    There are a lot of exceptional people in all avenues of life. Kudos for all of them!

This article made me think of 9/11. Police and Firefighters running into buildings that everyone was streaming out of in order to save people.

If police uphold the constitution and the the laws of the politicians that seek to oppress us, then I will always call them a friend of the people.
    You have until 6:00 to leave town.

Break your gun on a stump!

Links