Terrorists Strike Shopping Mall In Kenya

This is a discussion on Terrorists Strike Shopping Mall In Kenya within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lots of casualties, chaos: Gunmen storm Nairobi Mall, 15 killed: Red Cross...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Terrorists Strike Shopping Mall In Kenya

VIP Member

Terrorists Strike Shopping Mall In Kenya

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Animals. I hope they were all serviced appropriately where they stood. The families of the victims are in my thoughts.
    blitzburgh and Badey like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Coming soon to a mall near you. Just a matter of where and when.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Absolutely terrible and there's reportedly still others inside the complex. Unfortunately, I believe this number is going to rise.

The Associated Press cites one witness who said non-Muslims were being targeted by the attackers.

“The gunmen told Muslims to stand up and leave. They were safe, and non-Muslims would be targeted,” Elijah Kamau told the AP.
    ... and it continues.
    1 old 0311 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Kenya? I think maybe I've heard of somebody from there who is in the US now....
    linlady, awoodpd13 and RichB70 like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

This is an all too often repeated tragedy. It happens all over the world. Anyplace that people of all kinds have made a comfortable and civilized life for themselves. This enemy hates peacefull co-existance. No on is exempt from their hate, and violence. These cowards intentionally pick soft targets. This mall is an example.

I can only pray that those in responsibility in the U.S. have learned a lesson from this example, Mumbai, London, Spain, Tokiyo, and all the other attacks on soft targets. We are a land of soft targets. More than anywhere in the world. I know the government is makking real attempts at doing their part... But private business's are acting as if they have no responsibility for the protection of their guests, and clients. The lack of any real securety in most of these places is apparent for anyone with ill will to see. I believe it will get a lot worse before it gets any better.

What we do have is an armed segment of the general society. Pull a gun in some mall's and you'll be shot down by several people there shopping. Men and women. I do wonder if these cowards consider that factor. Be interesting to know.
    phreddy likes this.

This makes me sick. Thoughts and prayers are with those affected with this tragedy.
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Sort of like the attack in Mumbai, India in 2008.

There are murderers, and then there are those prepared to be murderers in groups with a plan. Murderers, by any other name. Grab a rope, find the will, be done with it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    It won't end until we stop the PC and call it was it is, Islamic terrorism. Even then it won't stop but maybe we can defend ourselves a little better. The latest reports are saying the death toll is now "at least" 22.

So tragic for the victims and their families.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

The count is now...

At least 30 killed in Nairobi mall attack; Islamic militants claim responsibility
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Kenya? I think maybe I've heard of somebody from there who is in the US now....
    I have a couple of friends from there. I also have a dearly loved pastor friend & his family that live there and frequent this mall. (I just tried to reach them via FB and I hope I hear they are alright.)

-

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    This is an all too often repeated tragedy. It happens all over the world. Anyplace that people of all kinds have made a comfortable and civilized life for themselves. This enemy hates peacefull co-existance. No on is exempt from their hate, and violence. These cowards intentionally pick soft targets. This mall is an example.

I can only pray that those in responsibility in the U.S. have learned a lesson from this example, Mumbai, London, Spain, Tokiyo, and all the other attacks on soft targets. We are a land of soft targets. More than anywhere in the world. I know the government is makking real attempts at doing their part... But private business's are acting as if they have no responsibility for the protection of their guests, and clients. The lack of any real securety in most of these places is apparent for anyone with ill will to see. I believe it will get a lot worse before it gets any better.

What we do have is an armed segment of the general society. Pull a gun in some mall's and you'll be shot down by several people there shopping. Men and women. I do wonder if these cowards consider that factor. Be interesting to know.
    I am a little confused, you really believe the government is making real attempts at doing their parts? "Gun Free Zones"? I don't see it, what am I missing.
    I stand to be corrected.

The ones who did this should be shot on the premises. The ones who sent them they and their house should be no more.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The count is now...

At least 30 killed in Nairobi mall attack; Islamic militants claim responsibility

What a surprise.

I wonder what they're protesting: Tupperware?

Hard to imagine that smoking innocents will do a thing about that.

Sounds more like provoking anarchy and downfall of current governments, to me. The same old tired global-militant, Al Qaeda type BS.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Coming soon to a mall near you. Just a matter of where and when.
    When they try that here, at least I will be able to shoot back...at least until the (our?) govt takes all the guns away from citizens.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links