Administration Reportedly Blocking Book About "Fast and Furious"

This is a discussion on Administration Reportedly Blocking Book About "Fast and Furious" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ACLU says ATF blocks whistleblower book on scandal...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Administration Reportedly Blocking Book About "Fast and Furious"

VIP Member

Administration Reportedly Blocking Book About "Fast and Furious"

ANGLICO likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Surprise, surprise... They say, "nothing to see here." Then they do everything within their power to cover this story up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A good literary agent can get him more for the book than the gov't can from continued employment.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Imagine that...apparently the communist countries don't have the corner market on censorship and propaganda.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Anyone smell some bad fish?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Funny thing, that.. You know, I've always heard that fish stinks from the head.... But that's prolly what you meant, ay?

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Freedom of the press indeed...
    British by birth. American by choice.

VIP Member
    It's ironic that the ACLU is backing this guy's right to publish his book. At least they're on the right side once in awhile.

As of right now, the First Amendment is still in effect. Check back tomorrow.
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; October 7th, 2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    When you are employed by Uncle there is a fair amount of restraint on a variety of your outside activities.
    The amount of restraint and vigor or lack thereof by which these are enforced ebbs and flows, especially with
    different administrations, and of course as the courts involve themselves.

I can't recall under which administration, maybe GHWB, but there were about 3 years when we were prohibited from
    writing novels even on our own time, prohibited from all manner of outside employment, specifically prohibited
    from teaching in our subject area, and these prohibitions extended to
    (for those who did it) preaching on Sunday, which was considered unauthorized employment.

Somewhere along the way the rules changed, no doubt someone got smart or the courts got involved. However,
    the vestiges of these constraints if not many of the outright regulations are still around.

It is very possible that the publication was blocked for any of many reasons, and not to cover anything up.

Somewhere along the line there is the ethical issue of making private income off knowledge gained at taxpayer expense.

Even changing jobs from Federale to private industry carries with it 2 years of various prohibitions on contact with
    your former government colleagues and of course prohibits info and tech transfer--- stealing really.

Before jumping on Uncle, the exact reason for the interference must be known. ACLU may have a point about free speech at least on the surface, but then again it might be one that won't fly with a judge when all of the laws and regulations are carefully looked at.

Added a moment later: Plenty of private sector employers concern themselves with your outside activities as well.
    Here the employee and the government have dual roles. Uncle's as an employer, Uncle as government. A Federal Employee as an employee, and as a private citizen. Now and then these various roles clash.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I smell a whole fishing boat full of bad fish.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Op Fast & Furious also involves Op Line-Backer, Op Wide-Receiver, Op Gun-walker, Op Gun-Runner, and several others.

We already know our Prez is a criminal and has done more to put illegal guns into the hands of other criminals, and terrorists, than anyone else in the U.S.
    It would be difficult to list all the Scandals the criminal has been involve in.

Augmenting the Patriot Act beyond reason, giving us the NDAA, Domestic Drones, NSA, etc., has killed our 4th & 5th Amendments.
    He has been working on the 2nd Amendment at every opportunity.
    Waxed the 14th Amendment with his Socialization attempts on Healthcare scamming.
    Threatened-away most of our 1st Amendment to Free Speech and a Free Press.
    Changed U.S. law that, Prohibited Giving Aid & Comfort the the Enemy to support Terrorists in Syria, including Al-Qaeda & the Muslim Brotherhood.
    Ducking charges of Treason since 2009 + countless criminal charges.
    Attempts to Regulate, Tax, and Censor the Internet (Fairness Act, etc.)
    Ignoring "Acts of War" in Benghazi.
    Now, Official interference with Fed Whistle-Blower Laws, Rights, and unalienable Freedoms.

Now, the U.S. went over the "Financial Cliff" & is Broke with the Fed Government 'Shut Down' with Corruption everywhere, and the ACLU actually says this Prez should stop impeding our 1st Amendment Rights. OUCH!

We need an American Leader in this Nation in a Hurry. Preferably, someone with a known history (background check?), experience, and some valid ID.

I'm still under a statement of non-disclosure signed over 4 years ago. Pretty sure there is no time limit on it.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

VIP Member
    Patri0t...you mean "Community Organizer" isn't cutting it for you?
    blitzburgh and Tzadik like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahM33 View Post
    I'm still under a statement of non-disclosure signed over 4 years ago. Pretty sure there is no time limit on it.
    The NDA prevents you from disclosing xyz with you be the sole person deciding if it is OK. If you want to write or publish something there are avenues to do that without getting in trouble.

As far as the topic on hand.....what is the big deal and what on earth makes this news. Folks have had this trouble for decades (trying to publish books that may or not contain classified or sensitve information). And it is not new any administration to try to block folks from disclosing information that may be embarrassing to them.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Thanks for the insight, Hopyard.

From the linked article: The Obama administration is blocking a federal law enforcement agent from publishing a book about the failed "Fast and Furious" gun-smuggling sting operation because of concerns that the book would negatively affect morale, the American Civil Liberties Union said Monday.
    Affect morale? Okay...
    Last edited by blitzburgh; October 8th, 2013 at 01:35 AM.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links