Well, score a win for the good guys

This is a discussion on Well, score a win for the good guys within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a follow up to an incident that happened in my town back in March. The 5 police officers have been waiting to hear ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Well, score a win for the good guys

VIP Member

Well, score a win for the good guys

This is a follow up to an incident that happened in my town back in March. The 5 police officers have been waiting to hear if they were going to be indicted, but thankfully the Grand Jury declined.

The article fails to mention that the reason the officer who was stabbed in the torso wasn't seriously injured or killed is that he was wearing a bullet proof vest, which also kept the knife from penetrating.

Martinsburg police officers not indicted in shooting death of Va. man - Herald Mail Media: Tri-State

The "victim's" family lawyer has already spoken before the WV NAACP and plans to go to Eric Holder and the Justice Dept. because he considers the shooting to be "racially motivated".

So, these 5 guys still have that pressure hanging over their heads.

At least they can rest easily over the indictment though.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can't describe what un-natural and impossible physical act the victim's family can go perform, but I wouldn't worry about Holden and his gang too much.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The negro man stabbed the Police Officer so he got shot (seems logical) and his brothers now think they need $200 million dollars 'to-get-over-it'?

Perhaps the Police Officers were the 'Victims' of a racial 'Hate-Crime' and are due compensation, accordingly. LEOS are still Citizens.
    The 'brothers' should at least pay for the ammo used since it was their brother who attacked the Police Officers. It'd be the 'right-thing-to-do'.
    Folks need to think more about, What is Right.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to assume that if I were to stab a cop, I'd probably die. Seems common sense.

I can't imagine a federal lawsuit will go anywhere; even Holder doesn't want to be tied to this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    The article fails to mention that the reason the officer who was stabbed in the torso wasn't seriously injured or killed is that he was wearing a bullet proof vest, which also kept the knife from penetrating.

The "victim's" family lawyer ... considers the shooting to be "racially motivated".
    Sounds like it was attempted murder motivated, by the descriptions.

But, you never know what folks are going to do. And, going overboard isn't unknown these days. Which is why we have the courts system.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

What Holder would be willing to be involved with is anyone's guess. $200 million could that guy even steal $200 million in the course of his life? Still glad these Officers got their No true bill.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    As the saying goes; "And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back. "
    Pinot and 64zebra like this.

Here here and furthermore who was it who said there's never anyone here after midnite? I'd say say were mistaken
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Another "Dirt Bag" victim where the family is singing his praises about what a wonderful guy he was. I wonder if he has a criminal record?
    The Old Anglo likes this.

VIP Member
    From article:

The federal lawsuit claims Jones was on medication for schizophrenia
    END

What if the family of the deceased had monitored him more closely, and helped him cope with his problem?
    Maybe they thought it'd be more lucrative to turn him loose and see what happened
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    From article:

The federal lawsuit claims Jones was on medication for schizophrenia
    I can see it now: "They arrested the wrong guy, yer honor. I was framed."

Ref: Framed, version by Ritchie Valens, 1958.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    The "victim's" family lawyer has already spoken before the WV NAACP and plans to go to Eric Holder and the Justice Dept. because he considers the shooting to be "racially motivated".

somebody stick a knife in me or mine, and I don't care what color they are.....I will light them up like a Christmas tree.
    Recon1342 and The Old Anglo like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    I would like to read the grand jury's transcripts..It would be interesting to hear the presentation of evidence and witness testimony.

200 mill in compensatory, pain and suffering huh? I had best stop typing here and now as my politically correct filter hasn't worked for years!
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    I would like to read the grand jury's transcripts..It would be interesting to hear the presentation of evidence and witness testimony.

200 mill in compensatory, pain and suffering huh? I had best stop typing here and now as my politically correct filter hasn't worked for years!
    It's amazing how a cash flush payday always seems to ease the suffering of the extraordinary wronged...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    From the article:

The lawsuit contends the police department has hired officers with a known propensity for excessive force, violence and misconduct, and alleges those officers were not adequately trained before the shooting or disciplined afterward.

That is a complete lie. The Martinsburg PD is very good and DO NOT have a propensity for excessive force and violence.I'd like to see some proof of this statement because I've lived here for 12 years and have never seen them be anything but professional.

I suppose if you resist arrest, refuse to co operate, run, hide and then stab an officer in the torso you might be in for some trouble...
    niks, TX expat and 5lima30ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links