California Police AR Discharged At School Event........

This is a discussion on California Police AR Discharged At School Event........ within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-g...000738657.html We never kept a round in the chamber on our shotguns or AR carbines when in vehicle lock racks and if this was the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: California Police AR Discharged At School Event........

http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-g...000738657.html

We never kept a round in the chamber on our shotguns or AR carbines when in vehicle lock racks and if this was the policy with this department to keep a round in the chamber they might think about making a policy change.
    HotGuns likes this.
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

But only the police should have guns.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    But only the police should have guns.
    Because only the police have the skills and the proper training to handle guns safely!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

No it goes something like this, "see, this is why 'untrained' citizens shouldn't have guns. if it can happen to a 'highly trained' police officer in a school setting it can happen to the masses in the civilian world"

BAN GUNS, they're scary and dangerous.

No wonder CA wants to ban guns, even their police force is too stupid to own guns....At least some of them are..

That should not have happened. I'm sure somebody is going to be in big trouble.

Glad nobody was seriously injured.

Semper Paratus et Armare
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

VIP Member
    "Hear that??? It sounded like a gun shot!"
    "Nah, just the sound of everyone trying to cover their rear ends."
    Secret Spuk and Hopyard like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

That 'somebody' should be fired.

Senior Moderator
    No reason to have a hot rifle until its needed.

For several reasons and this is one of them. We don't drive around with rounds in the chamber of the shotgun or in the AR. If you need it, you'll generally have time to do that.

We aren't in a war zone.
    Yet.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FlaRon View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-g...000738657.html

We never kept a round in the chamber on our shotguns or AR carbines when in vehicle lock racks and if this was the policy with this department to keep a round in the chamber they might think about making a policy change.
    Policy change should include officers that know how to safely handle firearms.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

The rifle was attached to a motorcycle and on display - why the heck was it loaded? Why the heck was it unattended?

This was not an "accident". It was complete and total negligence. The gun didn't "accidentally" go off, it was negligently left loaded and unattended around a lot of children, and a child pulled the trigger. Which, unless the kid knows how to operate the safety of an AR, means that it was left on "Fire" on top of it all.

This is complete insanity. Somebody messed up big time.

My question, aside from how the heck did any idiot think any part of that was a good idea, is if there was a magazine in it with a chambered round, or if it only had a chambered round and no mag. If it had a mag in it and it was loaded - that was plain stupidity all around. If it had no mag, then somebody completely sucks at unloading and clearing a rifle (maybe it was one of those "pull the charging handle back, then drop the mag" mistakes).
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I found the news story funny as all get out in that "there was an accidental discharge" and the cops are investigating and past that cops had no comment. The school district also called it an accidental discharge and referred additional questions to the department responsible for the accidental discharge who had no further comment.

Yet I am constantly hearing only law enforcement is responsible enough to handle firearms.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

If I were a bettin' man, I'd say that quite a few people learned some lessons, kids and adults alike.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I wonder if the little idiot that intentionally fired the weapon will get in any trouble.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    didn't something similar happen not that long ago? something about a kid firing a gun being worn by an officer? he pocked his little finger in the exposed trigger guard and the holstered gun went off, they blamed it on the holster. saying that the Glock had a tac light on it and was not in a proper holster?
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links