Indiana Town Swears In D-List Celebrities as Cops

Indiana Town Swears In D-List Celebrities as Cops

This is a discussion on Indiana Town Swears In D-List Celebrities as Cops within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,234977,00.html Indiana Town Swears In D-List Celebrities as Cops So They Can Carry Guns for Reality TV Show MUNCIE, Ind. Erik Estrada and other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Town Swears In D-List Celebrities as Cops

Thumbs down Indiana Town Swears In D-List Celebrities as Cops

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,234977,00.html

Indiana Town Swears In D-List Celebrities as Cops So They Can Carry Guns for Reality TV Show

MUNCIE, Ind. Erik Estrada and other lesser celebrities have been sworn in as reserve officers of the city police department here, allowing them to carry badges and guns as part of a reality television series.

<break> <break>

Pardon me while I throw up

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Well, it can't be any worse than any of the other drivel that hollywood puts out.

It's not like they are the only celebs that are reserve officers. (The Nudge and Shaq both are)

I'll grant you this is a bad idea (If not idiotic) for a show, but that's why there's a remote control.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I'm Embarassed to even know where this town is. Rest assured Muncie residents, you have you have an ex-ring chick, a Jack@$$ star I mean that literally (Wee man has a fixation on getting kicked in the nuts ....lets see if he shoots him self in the nuts)A family member of the worlds favorite person .. aslong as you dont have small kids,a formally depressed child from a messed up family, and oh lets not forget GOOD ol eric estrada Keeping you safe at night. GOD SOMETIMES I AM EMBARASSED TO BE A HOOSIER What director fell off the turnip wagon for this idea, This is a mockery of L.E. Across the nation. I'm half tempted to write a letter and say how I feel. Of all the people in the world to get to do this, they had to get a group of half wits.
    These goofs will prolly end up making RENO 911 a reality instead of a parody Trish will have her chest hanging out, Jack will be the tight clothed i wonder which side of the fence one, Wee Man will be the overly excited i'm bored lets do something stupid one,La Toya will be the attitude stricken one,And Eric will be the one trying to get into everyones pants WoW just what I would want my Dept remembered for if I was associated with the city in any way
    Wonder what ponch is going to do with out the level-headed John Baker
    Last edited by customtle; December 7th, 2006 at 04:37 AM.

True dakota keep in mind they are star athletes but I think they atleast have a brain in their head to get oxygen to, This group they got in Muncie has empty minds and empty heads

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I wonder how long it will be before one of them has an ND...

Lead Moderator
    Wonder if they have to go thru LE reserve training to get a badge.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Erik Estrada and other lesser celebrities ... as part of a reality television series.
    One word: unreal.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Lou Ferrigno is an LA reserve deputy.......

Of course, Chuck Norris could replace the whole department without ever leaving home.... LOL
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I saw this and was going to post it but was beaten to the punch. Utterly unfreaking believable. Imagine some crack head being confronted by Osbourne or one of these other winners in uniform. Do you think they will be taken seriously? Can you see this escalating.

One must wonder what the REAL LEOs who will have to ride around with these bozos must be thinking... How would you like to be depending on LaToya Jackson to back you up? The chief who agreed to this should be run out on a rail.

One Thing Nice About Stupidity...

There is always enough to go around for everyone...

Dumb...dumb...dumb...

LeToya..."May I please see your license, sir?"
    Driver..."May I see your right breast first?...Oh wait a minute, that was your sister!"

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I'd hate to be the LEO assigned to babysit these....ahem...."officers." I'm sure they got the warning not to let the celebs let the fact that they are armed and wearing badges get to their heads and do something with them.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I work with these guys.

I work at a local college department that is in this town the celebs are working in. I have been on a couple of calls with them. The went through alot of training and had to be approved by the state to be a reserve. They all passed with no problem. To quailify with their guns they have to shoot at least a 192 our of 240. La Toya had the lowest score which was a 219. Not bad for never even holding a gun before. They all had to qualify at least three times to pass. It only took all of them three times. They passed ever time. The training they recieved was more than what they state says you have to have. So far they are all really nice and are taking this job seriously. I will say that there are alot of officers in the area that do not like this but are at least respecting these guys as other officers. Just yesterday Trish made a traffic stop that had 40 grams of cocaine in it. She found it all by herself after making the stop and the officer that was with her (who had been an officer for 15 years) said that he would have missed it and would have let the car go.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    http://orig.thestarpress.com/blogs/armedandfamous/

Here's the link to the town's newspaper's dedicated blog. You can leave comments.

While I think this is fairly idiotic for a TV show, I do not have a problem with the concept of celebrity police itself as long as they are not given any special treatment because of their celeb status. Remember, Elvis was a reserve deputy and did participate in several real deals. As well, he may have been undercover DEA, or so the conspiracy theorists claim.

But for a TV show? Eh... I'll pass, and I'll not be going to Muncie while these wackos are in town.

Josh <><

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post

They had to do the 40hrs of training. Indiana requires a minimum of 40 hrs of training to be a reserve, and of course if you want to be full time you must go to a 16week academy. I live in muncie and going to college here for criminal justice so this is a big joke around campus.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    While I can admire anyone who chooses to become a reserve officer ~ even a "celebrity" ~ their motivation for doing so would weigh heavily on just how much I would accept it.

Being trained solely for a show on the idiot box turns my stomach.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links