Violence gone viral...

Violence gone viral...

This is a discussion on Violence gone viral... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New study states the obvious... If you're in an area where people have been shot, you could be at risk of being shot. If you ...

Like Tree22Likes
  • 8 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By lionround
  • 2 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 5 Post By HarleyDriver
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By BurgerBoy
  • 1 Post By maxwell97

Thread: Violence gone viral...

Violence gone viral...

New study states the obvious...

If you're in an area where people have been shot, you could be at risk of being shot.

If you know someone who has been shot, you could be at risk of being shot.

If you know somebody who has shot someone, you might be at risk...

And so on.

Link for mobile: Violence gone viral: new study plots how crime spreads like a disease | The Verge

An attempt, on my phone to make a pc friendly link: Violence gone viral: new study plots how crime spreads like a disease | The Verge

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

That's about as profound as saying if you hang out at Weight Watchers, you're going to run into some fat people.

I sure hope out tax dollars didn't fund that study.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    That's about as profound as saying if you hang out at Weight Watchers, you're going to run into some fat people.

Your hope is dashed ..

gatorbait51 likes this.

I am scared of those evil black airsoft guns.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Thanks, the link worked on my Opera browser.

There are so darned many DUH studies that get published, but I do think this takes the cake: Violence begets violence in one of the worst crime areas of Chicago. GEEZ..................

That's about as meaningful as doing an in depth study of why older men marry younger women................
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

There's an old adage that could have replaced this entire study: "If you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas."

Reply to everyone so far....

Did you notice the other "risk qualifier" I didn't quote?

Hang out with people who carry guns... You could be at risk of getting shot!

Does that apply to us here? Oh my!

msgt/ret and gatorbait51 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Now that there is funny!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Reply to everyone so far....

Did you notice the other "risk qualifier" I didn't quote?

Hang out with people who carry guns... You could be at risk of getting shot!

Does that apply to us here? Oh my!

You nean like this?? Safe Shopping in Texas - YouTube
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Doubtless, the intent of the study is to provide "scientific" support for gun control efforts.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

I live in Ga 25 miles from Chattanooga,Tn, they were having gang problems really bad so they put a gang task together and they move out of the area like roaches. I live in the southern part of the county but the northern part is having lots of problems with the gangs in the schools on the North end. I live in the county seat and my wife has been in the school system for 19 years now.So instead of Tn actually doing any good they just ran them our way. I live in a small town and things have changed so much. I road a bike everywhere when I was a kid because we didn't own a car. Now I wouldn't let my kids walk a block alone. My daughter is 16 who looks 21 I have he carry a knife and have taught her how to use it. When I leave my kids at home alone there are guns left out for them and yes they have had a lot of training on how to use them. My son has his SR 22 with both mags placed in my bedroom loaded with stingers. He is instructed to put the first mag upper center chest do a mag change and if they are still a threat the other 10 goes in the head. I put him through IDPA situations on the clock. If he has a malfuntation he deals with it himself the whole time me yelling BG is coming deal with it. From compressed ready He can double tap to the head in 1 and 1/2 seconds at 10 yards and he is 10 years old. I say all that to say the world we live in is in such a sad state I have to teach my kids to do this. A month ago the US Marshall raided my next door neighbors house. He was not there so he is still wondering around out there somewhere. And the politisions say let the police hand things. Walker county is one of the largest counties in Ga reponse time could be 20 minutes or longer. Seat down and take a watch and just look at it for five minutes and do nothing else but look at the watch even five minutes is a long time to wait on help. And I'm supposed to wait until the Sheriff Dpt gets here to call the coroner to get here so they can take my dead family away. Not me nor mine. If placed in a situation of using deadly force I have already made up my mind what I will do.

The information was pulled from arrest records and homicides in high-crime areas. 4% of the networked people contributed to 41% of the homicide victims in the area.... All this "study" says is that if you are a gang member, or related to one, in this small area of Chicago, you're probably gonna be shot. NO KIDDING??? Criminals and gangsters shoot each other?!?! Man, this study should've been done YEARS ago. Too bad there isn't a way to observe that amazing trend without spending a bunch of money on it...

Sponsored Links