another 14 year old shot with fake gun--Michigan

This is a discussion on another 14 year old shot with fake gun--Michigan within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is the story: PD: Officer shot teen who had fake gun | WOOD TV8...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: another 14 year old shot with fake gun--Michigan

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

another 14 year old shot with fake gun--Michigan

Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

His Mother warned him. Maybe he'll listen to his parents next time, if he lives.
    GlockHawk17 likes this.
    I suffer from CDO

It's exactly like OCD but in Alphabetical order

The way it should be!

Johnny Cash - Dont Take Your Guns To Town - YouTube

altho it does sound like this will end in an ugly lawsuit
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Sounds to me like the kid was carrying the toy around and wanted it to look like he had a real gun,and to be honest theres a lot of thugs use toy guns torob people
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

From the article
    The officer, who has been with BCPD for 21 years, was not hurt. He has been placed on paid administrative leave, which is also standard procedure.
    really, how would he have been hurt. Did he fall down or something.
    StormRhydr and WINTEJER000 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

The officer is the sensitive type. Feelings could've taken a beating.

As long as the standard procedure is shoot first and ask questions later we will have innocent kids with toy guns and lawful men / women with real guns shot.

If the reported person with the gun is a threat to others then maybe them being shot is the answer. Or maybe the police should standoff and contain the situation so they don't shoot / kill innocent people - such as happened on Long Island not too long ago where a cop shoot multiple times at a guy holding a woman hostage and shot her in the head and killed her.

Some states have open carry legal and people call the cops about a "man with a gun" and nearly always that becomes more of a situation than it should. It would better if the public were educated that a person openly carrying a fun in holster is legal in their state and stop dreaming all people with a gun a threat.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

VIP Member
    I wasn't there, so I can't say exactly what happened. What I do know from personal experience, however is the tendency for many, even LEO, to fire as soon as they get to the "n" on "drop the gun!" in training scenarios. I don't know if it happened here, but I have seen it happen often.
    StormRhydr, ccw9mm and Eagleks like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    There is a big difference between each side's version, but the police officer's sounds more realistic. It could have happened the way the girl reports, but it seems less likely. Hopefully more witnesses or video can be found to find out what really happened.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    the title should be: another 14 year old with fake gun gets shot --Michigan

from "Hot Fuzz"

PC Danny Butterman (Nick Frost): "Did you shoot anybody?"
    DS Andy Wainwright (Paddy Considine): "He shot a crack head with a Kalashnikov."
    PC Danny Butterman: "Oah. Where'd you get that?"
    Sgt. Angel: "The offender had the Kalashnikov."
    PC Danny Butterman: "Oah. Where'd he get that?"
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Hopefully the 14 year old will wise up. I doubt it but you never know.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    the title should be: another 14 year old with fake gun gets shot --Michigan

from "Hot Fuzz"

PC Danny Butterman (Nick Frost): "Did you shoot anybody?"
    DS Andy Wainwright (Paddy Considine): "He shot a crack head with a Kalashnikov."
    PC Danny Butterman: "Oah. Where'd you get that?"
    Sgt. Angel: "The offender had the Kalashnikov."
    PC Danny Butterman: "Oah. Where'd he get that?"
    I love that movie so much. Hopefully some day Simon Pegg will get back to doing comedies.

VIP Member
    Policeman;
    Hey boy what'cha doing with the gun?
    Boy;
    It ain't a real gun sir, its a toy.
    Policeman; Ok, just lie on the ground, and I'm gonna put these bracelets on you until we can prove it.

A small amount of the right communication could go a long way.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSCurrier View Post
    As long as the standard procedure is shoot first and ask questions later we will have innocent kids with toy guns and lawful men / women with real guns shot.

If the reported person with the gun is a threat to others then maybe them being shot is the answer. Or maybe the police should standoff and contain the situation so they don't shoot / kill innocent people - such as happened on Long Island not too long ago where a cop shoot multiple times at a guy holding a woman hostage and shot her in the head and killed her.

Some states have open carry legal and people call the cops about a "man with a gun" and nearly always that becomes more of a situation than it should. It would better if the public were educated that a person openly carrying a fun in holster is legal in their state and stop dreaming all people with a gun a threat.

Luke
    Luke, you have a person start to point a gun at you and tell me you wouldn't shoot.
    pittypat21 and mkh like this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Policeman;
    Hey boy what'cha doing with the gun?
    Boy;
    It ain't a real gun sir, its a toy.
    Policeman; Ok, just lie on the ground, and I'm gonna put these bracelets on you until we can prove it.

A small amount of the right communication could go a long way.
    And if it is a gang banger with a gun you end up with a officer that never goes home again.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links