N.Y.C. going to "Heck" in a handbasket

This is a discussion on N.Y.C. going to "Heck" in a handbasket within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Policing advice from cons. This will work out well. De Blasio gets policing advice ? from ex-cons | New York Post...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: N.Y.C. going to "Heck" in a handbasket

Policing advice from cons. This will work out well.

De Blasio gets policing advice ? from ex-cons | New York Post

Why not????? They are the experts, aren't they???
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Ah that 70s Show....
    Aceoky likes this.

Well, they get what they voted for and that appears to be George Soro's sock puppet.
    Sister, HotGuns, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Only time will tell, but I find it "uncomfortable" when people who won't give a 1/4 inch on 2A issues feel it is perfectly OK
    to allow LE to trample 4th and 5th rights.

There was a trial on the issue and NYC was found to be systematically violating
    peoples rights. It is now unlikely that ruling will be further appealed, and it is likely there will be a new police chief---
    hopefully one who won't go to jail this time.

Time will tell.
    Last edited by Hopyard; November 25th, 2013 at 01:35 PM.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

People too young to remember what NYC was like before Rudy Guilliani cleaned it up are about to get a first hand look. Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

Hopyard, I too had a problem with the "stop and frisk" policy, but the new Mayor is going to do much more than just rescind that policy.
    WHEC724, blitzburgh and niks like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    People too young to remember what NYC was like before Rudy Guilliani cleaned it up are about to get a first hand look. Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

Hopyard, I too had a problem with the "stop and frisk" policy, but the new Mayor is going to do much more than just rescind that policy.
    Yup. NYC headed right back into the sewer. It'll happen fast too. I don't plan on ever going back.
    blitzburgh and Sister like this.

Things are going to get really ugly for those living in NYC and real interesting for those of us who don't.
    niks, CIBMike and Aceoky like this.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yup. NYC headed right back into the sewer. It'll happen fast too. I don't plan on ever going back.
    They voted for him ~ people reap what they sow. Now the few conservative yankees left will fill up the southern states even more so. I don't mind as long as they don't want to "do it like we did it up nawth". The ones that head south and try to change it into what they left I wish would go back to it. Most sutherners don't like change, the reason why it's so laid back is because we like it like that.
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    They voted for him ~ people reap what they sow. Now the few conservative yankees left will fill up the southern states even more so. I don't mind as long as they don't want to "do it like we did it up nawth". The ones that head south and try to change it into what they left I wish would go back to it. Most sutherners don't like change, the reason why it's so laid back is because we like it like that.
    I'm a damn Yankee living in the south and I completely agree with you. The one's who move and try to turn the state into the one they left, can stay the hell out of S.C. far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty happy (though it could be better...) with our gun climate here and would prefer they don't try to change things for the worst.
    Kasey88, Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.

Know thine enemy. Good advice, I'd say.

Doesn't mean that all the suggestions are ones worthy of being acted on. Depends on the value to be gleaned from the discussions. Might well mean some alteration of procedures, given some insights or suggestions. Might well mean tightening up some training and/or tactics as a result of what they learn. You never know what you'll find out, when getting the other perspective (or, speaking with "the enemy" if regarding the most-violent).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If what was mentioned in the article is any indicator of the "other perspective" as a whole, I'd say it was a complete waste of time.

ETA: Okay, I shouldn't say a complete waste of time since I just remembered one dude brought up his problem with stop and frisk as I disagree with it also.

Stop and frisk needs to end, and immediately. You don't even need to ask an ex con to know that. Any constitutional scholar should be able to help you out with that. If the NYPD needs to dumpster the Fourth Amendment in order to keep crime down, there's something terribly wrong with that city.

The rest of the article was pretty good comedy. I'd have laughed, if I didn't know it actually happened. =/
    Hopyard and blitzburgh like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post

Oh, I am well old enough to remember long long long before Guilliani was Mayor. In fact, I remember well all the way
    back to Mayors Wagner and Lindsay.

You know what folks always post here, quoting Jefferson about liberty and security. It applies to the policing of NYC
    as well.

Added a moment later: I used to ride public transportation 2 hours a day (an hour each way) through all of The Bronx, All of Manhattan, and into parts of Queens or Brooklyn. I used various routes and combos of what was then known as the IRT, BMT, and IND. I even rode on parts of the system which are no longer in existence in part because of where the
    El traversed.

I walked the streets. I drove through supposedly crappy areas. And I rode on the bus system (for the benefit of those who know The City, and for Secret Spuk) from Tremont Ave
    to Jamaica Ave. at times). I think it was generally safer than some of the
    places in my present community.

I know that was a long time ago, and the city has changed, but in many ways it has changed for the better. And not all of the change for the better was Guilliani's doing either.
    He just got his shot at fame due to the unfortunate happening during his watch.

I think we are going to see great things from the new Mayor; and about time.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    You're really on to something there Sister! As just one example, a good portion of people fleeing California because of there problems are relocating to Colorado and bringing their liberal views with them. I only see one solution to this mess... CSA (conservative states of America).
    Sister and Aceoky like this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links