So much for airport security - homemade gun built from items bought in secure area

This is a discussion on So much for airport security - homemade gun built from items bought in secure area within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man builds homemade gun from items that can all be purchased in the airport terminal AFTER you go through security | Mail Online "...a Tennessee ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: So much for airport security - homemade gun built from items bought in secure area

VIP Member

So much for airport security - homemade gun built from items bought in secure area

Man builds homemade gun from items that can all be purchased in the airport terminal AFTER you go through security | Mail Online

"...a Tennessee man has demonstrated that a deadly firearm can also be made completely out of items available from airport retail stores."
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

After reading this alarming article, I am now in favor of Common Sense Redbull, Axe Body Spray, hair dryer, and aluminum foil control. We need to get these dangerous items off the streets and out of Society for our children!

And here is the deadly sword and shield that I made entirely from similar items.

knightinshiningarmorswordclose_zps8aec7187.jpg
    BenGoodLuck and NONAME762 like this.
    I suffer from CDO

It's exactly like OCD but in Alphabetical order

The way it should be!

VIP Member
    Hatrix, you are one dangerous dude! You should get together with the guy from Tennessee - here's his website: Terminal Cornucopia by Evan Booth
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    I don’t know about it being a gun but it did work more like a bomb.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I guess my pocket of rocks and leather pouch with attached strings is a little outdated,but is repeatable and deadly,remember that Daniel guy
    Sarge65 and Hopyard like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I was thinking the same myself. However for terrorists looking to blow the door to the cockpit that might be even better.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Definitely a 1 shot gun. You wouldn't survive the first shot. Could you imagine trying to find all the pieces, re-assembly and shooting it again.
    NONAME762 and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Definitely a 1 shot gun. You wouldn't survive the first shot. Could you imagine trying to find all the pieces, re-assembly and shooting it again.
    Right. I could of sworn somewhere in the video (not bothering to watch it again to see) it said it was reloadable. After watching the video of it being shot, my first thought was "so much for reloading..." All in all, pretty cool though. This guy's definitely a lot more imaginative than I am.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    i wonder how powerful a cross bow made with a umbrella ribs and strung with floss can possibly be? maybe 10lbs at full draw? perhaps just enough to break skin.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Thought we were done buying horses at our place, guess I need four more, only thing safe for travel. Rather have a horse rollover on one of us than fall from the sky riding a plane or crash into a tree because our automobile has been targeted. Sure is one heck of a way to force the reinvention of the wheel........
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKnEA...C4C7BEE0A02E48

VIP Member
    It's never about the weapon, it's always about the warrior. No amount of security will stop a determined aggressor.
    Aceoky, cn262 and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    From now on I'm going to be very nervous while the guy in the airplane restroom is taking so long.

Gahhh!
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I guess my pocket of rocks and leather pouch with attached strings is a little outdated,but is repeatable and deadly,remember that Daniel guy
    Actually it was David, but I like the way you think
    Hopyard and Aceoky like this.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - T. Jefferson

Looks dangerous to the shooter. Really made a big flash but it doesn't take a huge amount of force to knock a hole in sheet rock. Would probably take a bit more than that to puncture the skin of an aircraft. Fire, on the other hand, might be a problem...
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

When I was a kid we made coke can canons. Way back then in the 70 cans we made of tin, you would cut the top and bottom out of the cans except for the last one. After taping the cans together a hole was put in the bottom can on the side. Lighter fluid was squirted into the top tennis ball inserted and placed on the shoulder and a lighter was placed next to the hole. It was powerful enough to put a tennis ball through a chainlink fence at 20 yards. We could even hit birds with it and kill them instantly.The bottom can would have to be replaced after about 10 shots because it would eventually crush the can. If I caught my kids doing half the stuff I did when I was a kid I would whoop the she I t out of them. But it sure was fun. And I still have 3 fingers on one hand and 2 on the other. It just take a little longer to count more that five real fast. Just kidding about the fingers. Famous last words of a Redneck " Hold my beer and watch this".
    NONAME762 and Aceoky like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links