Some new saber rattling

Some new saber rattling

This is a discussion on Some new saber rattling within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; BBC News - US planes challenge China air zone The US has flown B-52 military aircraft over disputed islands in the East China Sea in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Some new saber rattling

Senior Moderator

Some new saber rattling

BBC News - US planes challenge China air zone

The US has flown B-52 military aircraft over disputed islands in the East China Sea in defiance of new Chinese air defence rules, officials say.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    BBC News - US planes challenge China air zone

The US has flown B-52 military aircraft over disputed islands in the East China Sea in defiance of new Chinese air defence rules, officials say.
    It's okay... I carry a firearm.

(just throwing out a non-sequitur, to match yours. I'm wondering how our flying B52s around some God Forsaken Islands is going to affect me... Is China going to sell all their bonds on the basis of this? )
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    China needs us a heck of a lot more than we need them. They are going to complain and do nothing else.

Administrator
    Ebay absolutely will NOT allow China to go to war with the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Ebay absolutely will NOT allow China to go to war with the U.S.
    Pretty sure Walmart won't let the US go to war with China, the store would be almost empty of products.

VIP Member
    My opinion only--- China has been acting very aggressively toward both Japan and several nations in the South China Sea.
    Nothing good can come of this long term.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    My opinion only--- China has been acting very aggressively toward both Japan and several nations in the South China Sea.
    Nothing good can come of this long term.
    When a country is falling apart internally like China is, they often try to divert the population's attention to external "threats". It only works for awhile before the internal problems come back to focus.

Interesting article. BBC News - Why China air zone raises risk is a related article that went into it a little more and was worth the read, IMO.

Saber-rattling indeed. I'm not sure who they think or expect to abide by their new declaration...
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

We'd probably loose any war with China just for the simple fact that they make just about every single thing we have here. This is not the WW2 generation folks, and once those shelves go bare (and it will happen more quickly then many people could ever have imagined), people will be rioting and fighting in the streets, killing each other because they have no skills or abilities to fend for themselves or produce anything worthwhile without big Govt. or China doing it for them.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    When a country is falling apart internally like China is, they often try to divert the population's attention to external "threats". It only works for awhile before the internal problems come back to focus.
    Seems like the present U.S administration is doing the same thing..
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Senior Moderator
    Nothing good can come of this long term
    Nothing new there. China has been doing this for the last 40 years, in fact they do it routinely to test the resolve of the United States.

I was over in the South China sea when Reagan was President and we were "told" not to sail in "disputed" territory. Of course, to Mr. Reagan, that was akin to a no-balls statement and the first thing he did was order a carrier task force to stick around awhile and do flight ops.
    Of course, that was the end of that.

The Chinese have tested every President that we have had. No different than a school yard bully, they get bolder and bolder with action if they perceive weakness. Look them in the eye and ball up your fist, and they'll back down.

With the present administration, what do they have to lose by trying?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Pretty sure Walmart won't let the US go to war with China, the store would be almost empty of products.
    Upside would be that Bangladesh would have a "Delta Rising" economic boom. Perhaps they could get some of the building codes uprated, then.

Heck, the change of ~100B little tags that say "Made In China" would be a good-sized economic impact right there, just the tags. Imagine being in the "little MIC tag" business. That guy'd make a fortune.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

i read an article on the islands in the south china sea and the dispute between china, japan, the Philippines, and all the other neighboring countries. it was on yahoo a while back. i guess the philippines has an old US WW2 battle ship pretty much beached out there that they have men stationed on. something to do with the "possession is 9/10 of the law" saying. but china has been showing force in the area and trying to keep all supplies from coming to the ship.

i guess they all had an agreement on whose islands belonged to whom, but china disregards it. most of these island aren't even big enough to have their own freshwater spring or air strip. control of the shipping lanes are what matters most to them. our "fearless" leader was supposed to go help smooth things out, because we all know how good he is at that but the shutdown kept him here.

Distinguished Member
    I would not put any money on China winning anything. The US is not a weak little third world country as some would suggest. The war in the sand is subdued because politicians will not allow us to fight with the technology we have. If a all out world war was to start the American people are very resourceful. Put your money on the US.

China is about as likely to start war with the U.S. is I am to being elected dog catcher and I aint running for it. They are a paper tiger with a bunch of people and lot of outdated military hardware that doesnt run. Anything they do have militarily that is remotely up to date and serviceable for more than a parade they have in very small amounts. Lot of bluster with their under gunned neighbors. That is about the extent of them.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links