Another Three Years Left

This is a discussion on Another Three Years Left within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The discussion concerning our 2nd Amendment rights seems to come up pretty often. A law has been implemented in Ny limiting gun owners to have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Another Three Years Left

Another Three Years Left

The discussion concerning our 2nd Amendment rights seems to come up pretty often. A law has been implemented in Ny limiting gun owners to have only seven rounds of ammo in their firearm at any time. Everyone knows that our current administration would absolutely love to confiscate every single firearm in this country and melt them down to paper clips and toenail clippers. Unfortunately, we have around three more years left of Obama and Boo Boo Biden. What will happen to our gun rights in three years? Will we end up with lower capacity mags like we did under the Clinton Administration?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    We have to keep calling and writing our congress people and keep reminding them the current DC cartel must be held in-check.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I just asked the Magic 8-ball, which is never wrong. Its reply:
    "Ask again later"
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

If some other escaped mental patient goes on another shooting rampage, then I think we will see more pushes to "do something". And see all the ammo & guns vanish again.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I just asked the Magic 8-ball, which is never wrong. Its reply:
    "Ask again later"
    Like after the 2014 election, because that's going to decide which way the country will go from here on out.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    With the mess that has happened with the roll-out of the "Affordable Health Care Act", I think the Dems are going to loose ground in the House and Senate. I think the last thing they are going to want to do is try ANYTHING with gun control. I have no doubt they have seen what happened in Colorado and realize that it would be a very bad idea.

I think Obama has used up all his political capital on his failures - even the Dems are turning on him.

We don't have to wait 3 years for some real change...vote in Nov 2014, keep the house and take the Senate with a 60 vote margin...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dont forget that we are still in an economic depression. People are tired of hard times, and its only natural to blame the party in power for that. Throw in unpopular gun control, and those like us who will crawl over broken glass to get rid of those who voted for it, and we have some hope, I think.
    Ghost1958 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    We'll need about 80 in the Senate to make sure the damn rinos don't put the screws to us.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member
    In the next two weeks , we shall see more dancing on the corpses of little kids . The release of the Newton tapes notwithstanding. ,which debunk any of the knee jerked feel good propaganda based regulations. So be ready for that . Those of us who do not reside in the slave wannabee states ,our options are substantially better.

Beware of the tearjerking stories , which are 90 % lies . They will be used to divert from the bigger picture. They will be used to demonize the law abiding, and I would expect yet another rendition of tears for St Skittles as well.
    msgt/ret and Ghost1958 like this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I feel it's going to be a bloody battle to drain the swamp of all the Gaters, snakes, and leaches, and replace them with honest, freedom loving people. Who will turn this whole mess right side up FOR ""WE THE PEOPLE""!! BUT WE CAN DO IT; My 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    I feel it's going to be a bloody battle to drain the swamp of all the Gaters, snakes, and leaches, and replace them with honest, freedom loving people. Who will turn this whole mess right side up FOR ""WE THE PEOPLE""!! BUT WE CAN DO IT; My 2c.
    Aceoky likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    It's hard to say what the coming years will hold. I'm not sure about 2016, either. None of the Democratic potential candidates look very strong; the ones with the most party support (eg Clinton) wouldn't fare well in a general election and the ones that maybe would appeal to people (eg Warren) probably can't finagle the nomination. And among the Republicans the field is even weaker IMO. Mostly cranks like Palin, Bachman and Paul or "rinos" like Christie. I can't imagine the former would get any votes outside the hardcore conservatives and latter gets lambasted for not being crazy enough. Who will get the nom? Hard to say at this point.

This is probably the most useless Congress I can remember in my lifetime. In the House they'd filibuster a suggestion to adjourn for dinner. Their general incompetence and love of gridlock is probably a good thing really. They couldn't pass a joint resolution proclaiming water is wet, much less any kind of serious gun control bill.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

High hopes for 2014. Thus far 2016 looks like an episode of midget wrestling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links