Obediance to Authority--If they come, how and why

This is a discussion on Obediance to Authority--If they come, how and why within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Milgram experiment-- Milgram experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "I was just following orders" appears to be more common than most people give it ...

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: Obediance to Authority--If they come, how and why

Obediance to Authority--If they come, how and why

The Milgram experiment--

Milgram experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"I was just following orders" appears to be more common than most people give it credit for. This is why, if they come to take our firearms, they will.
    They think they don't need firearms because they never have needed them.

"God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal (more or less)."

Practice makes perfect.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've known about that almost since the experiments were first published. That is why I have no confidence that either the military or the civilian law enforcers will refuse to do what they know is illegal. If they are ordered to do it, most will. So what are our choices?

Submit like sheep, rationalizing the whole process? - You'll be alive - sort of.
    Go out in a blaze of glory? - You'll be dead - with your own honor intact.

Some who say they will do smarty things like bury their stuff, say it got lost in a boating accident, etc. are only kidding themselves if they think that will work at all. Some who move to "you can't get there from here" stickville might have a chance for a short while.

Most will wind up being enslaved. Just like history has shown us over and over and over again.

The next 20 or 30 posters will probably say, "Not me! I have an iron clad plan!" Uh Huh.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

There was a theory that caused lots of controversy in the '60s. It was postulated that if every Jew had met the nazis as the door with a rifle, that there would have been no death camps.

The reason I bring this up is that I think what happens depends on how the people respond. If everyone cooperates, well its a done deal. If not, perhaps not.

I DO think that folks are stoked up to resist a gun grab. More so than at any time I have ever seen.

But as far as the authorities not following orders....nope. Im not counting on it.

Not me, I have an iron clad plan!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I'll do the same thing I do when the people handing out the pamphlets are coming down the street... turn off the light, mute the TV and pretend I'm not home. It ALWAYS works!
    Tactical Senior Junior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactically Stealth Tactics And Tactical Bad-Assery

VIP Member
    Most people will do most anything they are told by those in authority over them.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    I'll do the same thing I do when the people handing out the pamphlets are coming down the street... turn off the light, mute the TV and pretend I'm not home. It ALWAYS works!
    Yes indeed. It works well with pamphlet pushers and trick or treaters.

It doesn't work worth ............ with police who have battering rams!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Just look at Australia, a really tuff group colonized it very antigovernment most in the beginning were sent there in chains an still they gave up their guns with a whimper now the crime rate is up. There are just to many idiots. Where is John Gault!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    There was a theory that caused lots of controversy in the '60s. It was postulated that if every Jew had met the nazis as the door with a rifle, that there would have been no death camps.

The reason I bring this up is that I think what happens depends on how the people respond. If everyone cooperates, well its a done deal. If not, perhaps not.

I DO think that folks are stoked up to resist a gun grab. More so than at any time I have ever seen.

But as far as the authorities not following orders....nope. Im not counting on it.
    There will never be a widespread gun grab here, as most will comply with the mandatory turn-ins. For those who don't, a rough fate will await.
    Tuco

Distinguished Member
    I will tell any who will listen I will not look down the sight of a gun and pull the trigger on any American in any uniform. I will be in one of those education camps or dead. I fought and killed for the ideas held in our constitution and in that framework lies the answer to a problem. This is just my opinion. Now you let a foreign nation come knocking and all bets are off. If I believe what the court has said I have the right to bear arms. I do not believe the second is going anywhere any time soon.

Flame away if you must. I followed orders when at war also. Without those orders civilian populations would parish in war.
    gatorbait51, tdave and DetChris like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    I will tell any who will listen I will not look down the sight of a gun and pull the trigger on any American in any uniform. I will be in one of those education camps or dead. I fought and killed for the ideas held in our constitution and in that framework lies the answer to a problem. This is just my opinion. Now you let a foreign nation come knocking and all bets are off. If I believe what the court has said I have the right to bear arms. I do not believe the second is going anywhere any time soon.

Flame away if you must. I followed orders when at war also. Without those orders civilian populations would parish in war.
    When push comes to shove, nearly everybody follows orders.
    Tuco

Not me, I have a Teflon clad plan!
    gatorbait51, lionround and Aceoky like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

I (we?) can just hope that those who aren't willing to follow orders blindly outnumber those who are willing to.

My only "ironclad plan" is that I won't be taken alive.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Most people will do most anything they are told by those in authority over them.
    The thing we all must remember is the one immutable fact in all of this: WE, the People, are those in authority over them.

The sooner we begin acting like it, via taking back control of our destiny, the better off we'll all be. The only iron-clad plan I can see is to continue the heavy push until it becomes a tidal wave of extreme "resentment" in the form of a few "teeth" put back into the laws ... crimes against the constitution, treason, etc, treated as capital crimes; erasure of this sham we call "death row" right now; erasure of this sham of allowing any measure of money to be coughed up by companies (the so-called "Citizens" United crap); and so on. Demilitarization of our small police departments. Sealing of our borders, instead of leaving them as the laughable sieves they are now. Immediate deportation for those caught sidestepping the rules.

Won't happen overnight, the effects of such things. But we didn't get our butts in a crack overnight, either.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Long life isn't a plan. It would be nice, but at my age, I doubt it.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Links