Cops Fired for Serving in the military!!!

This is a discussion on Cops Fired for Serving in the military!!! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Police officers suspended for military service | Fox News Video These officers "upset" other officers on their department because they couldn't take vacations because they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Cops Fired for Serving in the military!!!

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Police officers suspended for military service | Fox News Video

These officers "upset" other officers on their department because they couldn't take vacations because they where on deployment! Then the cops that where deployed where suspended !!!!!!!

Every Cop that complained on record should be fired, then shipped to communist china!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

No employer support award for this Department.
    CIBMike and Madcap_Magician like this.

Its against the law to fire somebody because they are active duty/in the reserves. So the department suspends them and puts it in their records. Foolish.
    bigpapa, Aceoky, atctimmy and 3 others like this.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

More on the story here: Attorney: Bloomfield officers may lose job over military leave allegations - NorthJersey.com

Sure makes one wonder about the leadership in that police department.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    How about getting the other side of the story? The department says they were suspended for claiming military service for taking time off when it was not due to military service. We don't know the whole story yet, but automatically assuming that one side is right and the other is wrong without waiting for the facts doesn't seem right.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    How about getting the other side of the story? The department says they were suspended for claiming military service for taking time off when it was not due to military service. We don't know the whole story yet, but automatically assuming that one side is right and the other is wrong without waiting for the facts doesn't seem right.
    Agree, but find it odd that the story dates back to events alleged to have happened 5 -6 years ago.

If true, it seems odd that it became an issue now. "Gotta be" a lot more to the story on both sides.
    atctimmy and bigpapa like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Why does NJ not surprise me.
    Aceoky and Secret Spuk like this.

Let's slow down. Surely the department knows its against the law to suspend / fire officers for military deployment. I think there must be more to this story.

Last year I lost 11 vacation days due to being denied because we were short staffed largely because of people away on military training / deployment. Year before that, I lost 13 days. It sucks. I earned those days, and lost them. Yup, I complained. However, I absolutely respect and admire those who were serving, and I would have it no other way (except maybe having enough people working to not be short staffed all the time).

I think anyone would gripe a little about losing their vacation time, no matter the reason. But I have to think there is more to this story than getting suspended for being on military deployment. Sort of like the guy that gets arrested for public intox because he was naked up on a lamp pole screaming and pooping himself. His story will always be "I was arrested for asking people what time it was!" Can you believe it!
    Dougb, Hopyard, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I agree....let us see...one side of a story, military members involved.....must be true because we want it to be true (that it is not their fault). Not nearly enough details.
    Bad Bob, Chorizo and Dougb like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

"The township is saying that now, four or five years after these occurrences, that they should not have been paid for the traveling to comply for the military order or for being treated on base."

This sounds like the 0bummer PD in NJ. Serving their Country AND Community.... must be 'Right Wing Radicals', like Napolitano stated in 2009.
    msgt/ret and Aceoky like this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Asinine, which explains the state of NJ.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Police officers suspended for military service | Fox News Video

These officers "upset" other officers on their department because they couldn't take vacations because they where on deployment! Then the cops that where deployed where suspended !!!!!!!

Every Cop that complained on record should be fired, then shipped to communist china!
    Even worse than communist China, send them to New York!!!!!
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

One agency I worked for fired an Officer after she had served in the first Gulf War. She wasn't that great an officer and they had been looking to get rid of her before and some one who wasn't that great a supervisor took what they thought would be the easy way. It didn't work.

Distinguished Member
    The courts will work this out. Police on police is unusual but then again so is todays world. Five years sounds like a cover up just got blown.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Call me crazy but in the state of NJ... I would bet dollars to donuts that these men are being unfairly targeted. Either they PO'd someone before they left , or this PD is just plain anti military. Departments like this need a good HOUSE CLEANING !
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links