Another MOH recipient passes.

This is a discussion on Another MOH recipient passes. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Fayetteville Medal of Honor recipient passes away Fayetteville, N.C. — Korean War veteran and Medal of Honor recipient retired Cpl. Rodolfo (Rudy) Hernandez, who was ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Another MOH recipient passes.

VIP Member

Another MOH recipient passes.

Fayetteville Medal of Honor recipient passes away

Fayetteville, N.C. — Korean War veteran and Medal of Honor recipient retired Cpl. Rodolfo (Rudy) Hernandez, who was the grand marshal of this year’s Fayetteville Veteran’s Day Parade, passed away on Saturday. He was 82.

Ken Ray, representative of Fayetteville’s 187th Airborne veterans group, said Hernandez died at Womack Army Medical Center after battling cancer.
    Fayetteville Medal of Honor recipient passes away :: WRAL.com

Rodolfo P. Hernandez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Kennydale likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    RIP Cpl. Hernandez.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

RIP to a real hero!

RIP we have lost a national treasure.

VIP Member
    RIP Sir and a Thank You .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    God bless him, and thank you to a true American hero. We are all better off thanks to men like him.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    We are all better off thanks to men like him.
    Amen
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

VIP Member
    People come, and people go. Selfless acts of service last forever. RIP Cpl. Hernandez.

He was a heck of a soldier. RIP Cpl.

Rodolfo P. Hernandez
    Rank and organization: Corporal, U.S. Army, Company G, 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team
    Place and date: Near Wontong-ni, Korea, May 31, 1951
    Entered service at: Fowler, California
    Born: April 14, 1931, Colton, California
    G.O. No.: 40, April 12, 1952

Cpl. Hernandez, a member of Company G, distinguished himself by conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty in action against the enemy.
    His platoon, in defensive positions on Hill 420, came under ruthless attack by a numerically superior and fanatical hostile force, accompanied by heavy artillery, mortar, and machinegun fire which inflicted numerous casualties on the platoon.
    His comrades were forced to withdraw due to lack of ammunition but Cpl. Hernandez, although wounded in an exchange of grenades, continued to deliver deadly fire into the ranks of the onrushing assailants until a ruptured cartridge rendered his rifle inoperative.
    Immediately leaving his position, Cpl. Hernandez rushed the enemy armed only with rifle and bayonet.
    Fearlessly engaging the foe, he killed 6 of the enemy before falling unconscious from grenade, bayonet, and bullet wounds but his heroic action momentarily halted the enemy advance and enabled his unit to counterattack and retake the lost ground.
    The indomitable fighting spirit, outstanding courage, and tenacious devotion to duty clearly demonstrated by Cpl. Hernandez reflect the highest credit upon himself, the infantry, and the U.S. Army.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

R.I.P American Hero !
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    May he RIP and never be forgotten.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

An amazing story. RIP, Corporal Hernandez.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Links