FBI fear mongering

This is a discussion on FBI fear mongering within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read this off of one of my headline pages and it bothers me to no end. When is the FBI and Government going to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI fear mongering

FBI fear mongering

I read this off of one of my headline pages and it bothers me to no end. When is the FBI and Government going to stop peddling fear? and when is the Media going to stop the perpetuation of the govermnents fear mongering? We are a courageous Nation and I get ticked every time I hear or read something like this. Why should anybody give a rat's *ss whether or not this creep gets ill or dies? Get it together America. We are courageous, and there is nothing that they can do to change that, though they may try!

Thanks

Tim

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/14/rah...lth/index.html

From Kelli Arena
    CNN Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The imprisoned blind cleric who inspired the 1993 World Trade Center bombing has been hospitalized, raising fears of new attacks if he dies in U.S. custody, the FBI said in a bulletin.

Radical Egyptian cleric Omar Abdel-Rahman, 68, spat up blood on December 6 and was rushed to a hospital, the FBI notice said.

He had a small tear in his esophagus and was treated with a "needed transfusion to replace lost blood," said the FBI bulletin to staffers.

Medical personnel then discovered the cleric had a tumor on his liver, the FBI said.

Al Quintero, a public information officer for the U.S. Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield, Missouri, said Abdel-Rahman remained at the hospital for five days.

"His condition improved, and he was returned back to prison on December 11, where he remains in stable condition," Quintero said.

Abdel-Rahman has strong ties to al Qaeda and is seen as a key theological force behind the terror group. He is an influential figure for Egyptian Islamic Jihad, most of whose members joined al Qaeda. He has been mentioned often by Osama bin Laden and his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Abdel-Rahman, who is serving life in a U.S. prison, has called for attacks if he dies in jail. Law enforcement sources said there is no intelligence to suggest there are any attacks being planned.

The cleric has been imprisoned since 1995 for inspiring the 1993 World Trade Center attack and a thwarted plot to attack bridges and tunnels, an FBI building and U.N. headquarters in New York.

The FBI bulletin includes what it said was Abdel-Rahman's last will and testament distributed at an al Qaeda news conference in 1998: "My brothers, if they kill me -- which they will certainly do -- hold my funeral and send my corpse to my family but do not let my blood be shed in vain. Rather extract the most violent revenge."

The memo also recounts a fatwa or religious message believed to have been issued from prison by Abdel-Rahman in the 1990s in which he blames the U.S. government for trying to eliminate him and other clergy "who are speaking the truth."

It also notes during the recent Muslim holiday of Ramadan, al Qaeda in Iraq released a videotape encouraging all Muslims there to capture Westerners so they could be exchanged for the release of Abdel-Rahman.

FBI analysts said the tape is evidence that Abdel-Rahman remains a "significant source of inspiration" for al Qaeda and its sympathizers.

In February 2005, Abdel-Rahman's attorney, Lynne Stewart, was convicted of helping the cleric deliver messages to terrorists around the world, which violated a strict ban on any communication between him and his followers.

The bulletin is intended to alert all those in law enforcement of the possibility of a threat.

2. Remove Ads

Justice will be served when Abdel-Rahman meets his maker.

VIP Member
    Well, Kevorkian is about to or got paroled. Maybe he can drop by and visit this Mullah.

Little Language Trivia: Mullah has a simila spelling as the spanish word Mula which means MULE
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

This is what I think of your fatwah!

To all the other terrorists out there in the world. The people of the US would like to say hi. :hand7:
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    The thing that bugs me about it is they think it will inspire more attacks if he dies, shoot they are still attacking in Iraq. They are going to attack until the last one is dead.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Hmmmm... I wonder what would happen if we skinned him alive, castrated him, and buried him in a pig skin? They would attack us?

"Let them hate, so long as they fear......"
    Mercy is for the repentant.

Why is it that whenever we are warned of potential dangers, the very same people squealing that the Bush Administration lied, lied, lied, and that it somehow knew of the September 11 attacks before they happened, are the people who start mewling that the government is "peddling fear?"

Either our government can warn us when it gets intelligence of POTENTIAL threats, or it can keep quiet. No matter what it does, some people are going to complain about it.

Phil You Hit The Nail Square On The Head. The People Who Cry The Loudest Are The Ones Who Do Nothing. Tom

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Ah...sorry to hear that he got sick. Any one else ever read what the Brits did to the mutineers that were caught after the “Great Mutiny” in India? Not the firing out of the canon bit. They were a bit more inventive than that at times. To bad we can’t repeat history.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore View Post
    Why is it that whenever we are warned of potential dangers, the very same people squealing that the Bush Administration lied, lied, lied, and that it somehow knew of the September 11 attacks before they happened, are the people who start mewling that the government is "peddling fear?"
    Phil,

I am sure that I am taking your comment about squealers wrong and personal, but felt obligated to say this to everyone. I spent 23 years in the US Army and a tour in Nam and I was stationed in just about every arm pit the world had to offer me at the time. Please don't lump me in with the so called squealers. Just wanted you all to be sure that I am not one of those.

Best regards to all!

Tim

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Ummm... squealers... Ain't that what Washington sounds like when they are busy wasting taxpayer dollars? And who cares about a blind pig in jail anyway? Oh wait! His buddies are crossing the southern border as we speak. And guess who's letting them walk right on in?

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore View Post

Either our government can warn us when it gets intelligence of POTENTIAL threats, or it can keep quiet. No matter what it does, some people are going to complain about it.
    Since you posted this I've been trying to figure out who you are talking about. If me you then there is one small problem. I know who these monsters are, I know what they are capible of. I also know that they will use whatever public relation idea that will further there cause.

My point about what I was saying is, they hate us and we can't run from them. Since all of us have decided that we refuse to wring our hands when the proverbial wolf is at the door. We were told because Zarquawi was killed there would be more attacks, well shoot they didn't stop when he was still alive. The idea that his death would prompt more attacks is silly because the monsters haven't ceased their attacks.

The warning just seamed silly because it was stating something that is really mute because we haven't forced the enemy to stop.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Release him on Johnston Atoll and just tell the world he has been released.

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman View Post
    Ummm... squealers... Ain't that what Washington sounds like when they are busy wasting taxpayer dollars? And who cares about a blind pig in jail anyway? Oh wait! His buddies are crossing the southern border as we speak. And guess who's letting them walk right on in?
    Exactly! The same people giving us Orange Alerts to keep us okay while removing our civil rights via the (un) Patriot Act. I don't want more security if it comes at the expense of my rights. Anyone that does should look up some Ben Franklin quotes.
    Last edited by SammyIamToday; December 21st, 2006 at 11:19 AM.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Now That's A Class Act...

Quote Originally Posted by walther1 View Post
    This is what I think of your fatwah!

To all the other terrorists out there in the world. The people of the US would like to say hi. :hand7:

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links