Free gun locks from the VA???

This is a discussion on Free gun locks from the VA??? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The VA hospital that i go to sent me a letter in the mail today. it said that they were giving free gun locks (up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Free gun locks from the VA???

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar

Free gun locks from the VA???

The VA hospital that i go to sent me a letter in the mail today. it said that they were giving free gun locks (up to 4) to any of their patrons that wanted. they had a form to fill out for my name, address and number of locks i wanted. also sent brochures for gun safety at home and the veterans crisis hotline. i was expecting something from the VA but this threw me off guard. has anyone else gotten something like this from their VA?
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If I did it'd go directly to the trash. So-and-so at such-and-such address has (the number of locks requested) guns. Put that on the list.

No thanks.
    Ghost1958, Aceoky, tdave and 4 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Nope, haven't received any such thing (yet) from them. If I do, I sure as heck won't be responding with "sweet, put me down for four!".
    Ghost1958, Aceoky and tdave like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    No Sir haven't heard anything about locks.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    I have a bunch of the Gun Cable Locks. I keep them all in my gun safe so I don't loose them, with the keys in them so I don't get them all mixed up. As for my ready weapons in the house, I keep them unlocked.

I have found many uses for them such as locking stuff in the bed of my truck to locking gates. Hey, they are free, I collect as many as I can get. But never tell who you are.

As for the VA - I see them being the 'test' arm of the Gov restricting Veterans firearms ownership, any way they can.

Send it back and indicate that you need 312 locks just to see what they do. Then when they call you and ask you how many guns you have say "none" just to see what they do. When they inevitably ask you why you need 312 locks say, "My town had 312 murders last year so I thought we should give all of the criminals gun locks to keep people safe." When they say, "Criminals aren't going to use gun locks" say "then why should I?"
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Have a bunch of the gunlocks; they are great for practicing lock picking. And to be specific I picked up a lock picking kit just to see how it is done, contrary to what they show on TV it takes longer than three seconds and a couple shakes of the pick to defeat a lock.
    StormRhydr and 64zebra like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

All I can say is this its-a-trap.jpg
    CIBMike, squid86, 64zebra and 1 others like this.

Cutting benefit's but finds the funding for gunlocks.
    msgt/ret, Aceoky, OldVet and 1 others like this.
    The easy way is always mined.

My local VA clinic has a decal on the entry door about free gun locks. Never inquired about them as I did not want any. If a person wanted one I thought they would want your name and they already have your personal info, but this tells them you have guns and that would not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Have a bunch of the gunlocks; they are great for practicing lock picking. And to be specific I picked up a lock picking kit just to see how it is done, contrary to what they show on TV it takes longer than three seconds and a couple shakes of the pick to defeat a lock.
    That depends on the lock...
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    All I can say is this its-a-trap.jpg
    my thoughts exactly. im not stupid enough to do this, just wondering if anyone else got something similar. just caught me off guard.
    Aceoky likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

That's what everyone needs............... your name on one more list

Smokey
    CIBMike likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I took my gun lock letter back to my female VA doc (who once asked me if I had guns in my home and I responded with "Do you have sex toys in your home?" We both agreed to mind our own business after that.) along with a copy of a letter that I sent back to the VA hospital director that said I didn't need or want any gun locks, but that I had a supply of chastity safety belts with locks and if they would give me the names, addresses and information about those who need them, I will send them up to 4 per household.

Needless to say the Director didn't respond, but my doctor understood my position right off.
    CIBMike, NONAME762, ctr and 5 others like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Just edit it down to 3 seconds like on TV!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links