Hypothetical regarding the FBI rebranding itself to do "national security"

This is a discussion on Hypothetical regarding the FBI rebranding itself to do "national security" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just saw a video regarding the FBI rebranding itself from an entity that does "law enforcement" to an entity that does "national security". My question ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 3 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Secret Spuk
  • 4 Post By Secret Spuk
  • 1 Post By suntzu
  • 2 Post By StormRhydr

Thread: Hypothetical regarding the FBI rebranding itself to do "national security"

Just saw a video regarding the FBI rebranding itself from an entity that does "law enforcement" to an entity that does "national security".

My question is: how scary would it be if the ATF rebranded itself as an entity that does "national security". If you thought that Fast and Furious was bad, wait until part two when they can do it legally like the CIA...

On top of that, the ATF would also be able to go after all gun owners even easier under the patriot act.

The ATF barely has a handle on what they're sposed to be doing now. If they get a piece of 'National Security' we can probably rest assured they'll bungle that the same way they handled Waco.
    american23 and Ghost1958 like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    The ATF barely has a handle on what they're sposed to be doing now. If they get a piece of 'National Security' we can probably rest assured they'll bungle that the same way they handled Waco.
    Fair point, but still it wouldn't worry you?

May as well make a tanker load of Kool-Aid and sell it by the gallon for a buck a pop...
    Brent95 likes this.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by american23 View Post
    Fair point, but still it wouldn't worry you?
    I didn't say I wouldn't be worried...

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    When it comes to the government, the if's and hypotheticals doesn't bother.When or if the hypotheticals becomes reality then it might..

Hay A23 put this in your pipe and smoke it. I just watched a video that was talking about restaurants in Colorado are now thinking about selling some of the medical strains of Cannabis with their entrees. Even going as far as having a tokers lounge
    where patrons waiting for a table can smoke some Spliffs while they wait. The co-anchors saying it's a win-win for restaurants.

What's next?? Hemp Beer?? Then the smokers...er I mean the patrons table is ready they sit down with a HD case of the munchies and order everything on the menu. Thats a Win-Win for the restaurant industry.

"national security" Is double talk for working for Obama to achieve his political goals.
    NSA,IRS.DHS, DOJ ATF and just about every other Government agency has been doing little else for years now.
    FBI will just be collecting information for Obama to use.

OK..

everyone take a deep breath... Not that much has changed.

Up until recently federal law enforcement was set up to prevent a police state from taking hold.

Every agency has a set violations they are responsible for. The FBI is responsible for national security, they have always been responsible for national security. The agency tasked with catching spies has always been the FBI.
    The agency tasked with enforcing US drug laws is the DEA.
    Two agencies have been tasked with protecting the nations border's is the US Customs service, and the US Border Patrol.
    The agency tasked with enforcing immigration laws is the INS.
    The agency tasked with enforcing threats against the executive branch, and enforcing laws concerning crimes effecting the US monitary system is the Dept of the Treasury.
    None of these agencies are the police. All federal agencies except the national park police, the capitol police, and the GSA FPS have very limited powers.
    Many seperate government operating agencies have their own law enforcement agents.
    All these agencies answer to the department of justice.

Along comes the this "homeland security" thing and the lines get blured. Agencies get combined. Responsibility gets shared, and they all have an excuse to excede their mandates.

Things like the USMS enforcing interstate flight to avoid prosicution... That used to be the FBI.
    Things like the USMS getting involved with local agencies, on local issues.
    Not saying it's bad...just dont understand.
    Last edited by Secret Spuk; January 12th, 2014 at 10:13 AM.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    "national security" Is double talk for working for Obama to achieve his political goals.
    NSA,IRS.DHS, DOJ ATF and just about every other Government agency has been doing little else for years now.
    FBI will just be collecting information for Obama to use.
    Smitty... I agree with you. But it's not just Obama... it was all started by Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Smitty... I agree with you. But it's not just Obama... it was all started by Bush.
    It all started with J Edgar Hoover.....why on earth do folks think this is new?
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

And, who is the head of DOJ..... Hmmmmmm?

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Guys, the problem is that NO MAN/president can be trusted with that much power. Its why our government was set up by the Founders, as it was.
    Ghost1958 and Secret Spuk like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsored Links