Thank you Mr. President: NSA Meta Data Program

This is a discussion on Thank you Mr. President: NSA Meta Data Program within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Obama to call for significant changes in collection of phone records of U.S. citizens - The Washington Post It's mighty nice of the president to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Thank you Mr. President: NSA Meta Data Program

Thank you Mr. President: NSA Meta Data Program

Obama to call for significant changes in collection of phone records of U.S. citizens - The Washington Post

It's mighty nice of the president to grant us a tiny bit of the 4th amendment rights we are supposed to already have....after 6 months of thinking about it...

The president plans to say that the NSA’s metadata program remains a critical tool for U.S. intelligence agencies to root out and prevent terrorist activities, said the administration official, who spoke in advance of the speech on condition of anonymity.

A funny thing to say, given that Obama's own panel concluded that all this spying did little, if anything, to stop terrorist plots.

Of course if you read between the lines, nothing will really change. The NSA will still invade our privacy, this just makes it look like someone is watching them. I'm sure the administration is hoping this will allow all the uproar to die down so the NSA can get back to some serious snooping.
    Never get out of the boat....

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Here it is : blah, blah, blah, Bush's fault, blah,blah ,blah, The Attorney General, blah, blah, blah ,obsfuscate , disemble, blah , blah, blah, Bush's fault, I had nothing to do with anything, blah, blah, blah
    redmc, welder516, BugDude and 8 others like this.

SOunds like ot me it will go back under ground and be business as usual for the NSA once the heat is off.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

lies!!!
    phreddy and gatorbait51 like this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

The collection of these records began under the Bush administration's wide-ranging warrantless surveillance program,
    collectively known by the NSA codename Stellar Wind.
    Obama allowed it to continue.
    Lotsa blame to go around.... on both sides.
    TVJ, TheBigWanad, Sig 210 and 3 others like this.
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

Distinguished Member
    More of the same crap, changes nothing!
    gatorbait51 and StormRhydr like this.

MJK
    IMHO OB is not a competent president and I do not trust him to make the right call on this. Even if he did he is incapable of executing his policies (other than to harass conservative 503c4's with the IRS).
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Distinguished Member
    According to the article the NSA will not look at the emails or phone calls of "ordinary" citizens. I think that is a good deal. It leads me to ask, though, that unless the NSA does spy on the "ordinary" citizen how will they know they are just "ordinary" citizens? I'm sure they have a grand plan to answer that question.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    IMHO OB is not a competent president and I do not trust him to make the right call on this. Even if he did he is incapable of executing his policies (other than to harass conservative 503c4's with the IRS).
    Ya think???
    :)

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I know how government spending works and that whole NSA program and the building and the wiring for that much band width has been in the making for many years. Where I have a problem is not that the NSA has the capability. I want them to be the best computer snoops the world has ever seen. The problem comes from the white house directly. How do they use the abilities of the government. Some use it to control prices and feather bed their friends and family. Others have a dream such as redistribution of wealth. This is when they use the capabilities fo the government to harm the economy and the citizenry of the country.

I would guess the budget and the contracts for the new facility go back at least to Clinton and probably farther than that.

We shut people up for years by calling them alarmists and tin foil hat people etc. The truth is if the ability for abuse exists the government in power will succumb to the temptation.

Do you know how to tell when Oblamo is lying? His lips are moving.

The invasions of your privacy and stomping of your rights will continue until morale improves.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    If you believe that, I have a 1912 46 cal ACP for sale
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Yup, Makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Am I the only one who sees this as a case of "self governing"? Give me a break. Obama to be honest and govern himself or his arm of power? (NSA).

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    If you believe that, I have a 1912 46 cal ACP for sale
    How much you asking for it ???
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links