Well has been a good day today

This is a discussion on Well has been a good day today within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Over here it is the little things that mean a lot. In the last 24 hours I have.... Received my NFA Trust Received word that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Well has been a good day today

VIP Member

Over here it is the little things that mean a lot.

In the last 24 hours I have....

Received my NFA Trust

Received word that my firearm taken from my home last year by a friend and recovered in Kansas will be at my local PD on Saturday by FedEx. He just so happen to take my brand new, never shot or fondled M&P 9mm Shield.

Was able to acquire more 9mm ammunition and found a steel plate rack to set up at the range.

Due to weather not a lot of trucks coming in so chow has been kinda dicey on occasion. We ran out of instant coffee about a week ago but found a box of goodies on the shelf in the MWR which contained actual Starbucks coffee. Now if we could just get some monsters again. Thank goodness I have some dip left. I was worried no coffee, no monsters and no dip then add 9mm ammo? It would not have been pretty lol.

It is still cold, snowy but the sun is slowly coming out. The snowpack slid off the roof yesterday blocking my door which was fun. We then spent the next 15 minutes trying to coax my neighbor to come out so the snowpack would hit him. Glad we did not though it was a little bigger than we thought when it did fall we had to dig it out.

Anyways internet is staying on for now and I am breathing can't get better than that.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Wow, life is good to say the least.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

It's refreshing to have days like that once in a while...now you need to go buy a lottery ticket.
    Congrats on the great day!
    Aceoky likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Gotta agree, I woke up yesterday with lower left chest pain but no nausea or sweating. Got a ride to the ER, amazing how fast they react when you say chest pain, put me on the monitors plus aspirin and a few doses of morphine (gooood stuff) after a while was admitted for observation. Did have a stress test but nothing was found so I just have to do a follow up with my primary care physician. Will make both gun shows this weekend so everything is good.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Gotta agree, I woke up yesterday with lower left chest pain but no nausea or sweating. Got a ride to the ER, amazing how fast they react when you say chest pain, put me on the monitors plus aspirin and a few doses of morphine (gooood stuff) after a while was admitted for observation. Did have a stress test but nothing was found so I just have to do a follow up with my primary care physician. Will make both gun shows this weekend so everything is good.
    Glad to hear nothing too serious.
    msgt/ret and Aceoky like this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    The snowpack slid off the roof yesterday blocking my door which was fun. We then spent the next 15 minutes trying to coax my neighbor to come out so the snowpack would hit him. Glad we did not though it was a little bigger than we thought when it did fall we had to dig it out.
    15mins is nothing, when you're trying for the "little" things.

Congrats on the NFA trust. Arkansas boy ... NFA trust ... access to almost unlimited range of full-auto stuff. It's gonna be a hot time in the old town, soon. Time to refine the shopping list. I'm sure you're on it. Definitely post info about the units you're considering, if willing. I'm sure many of us would love to live vicariously by drooling over your wish list. Pics are always welcome.
    NONAME762 and Aceoky like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Blessing big and small. You just have to look for them.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

TRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Received my NFA Trust
    When did you file?

I sent a Form 1 in on Dec 3, but the net.word is I'm probably a year away from seeing any paper. [sigh]

VIP Member
    I am just talking about the trust not the forms to BATFE
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Oh hell... No caffeine and hit or miss food in that kind of mess? At least you got to have a little bit of fun with the snow I suppose. Heh...Too bad we can't arrange a DC member air drop or something. Stay safe.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Glad the day turned out well! I gotta tell you, I get a little grouchy when the good chow runs low, but I'm a positive killer without coffee. Hope your supplies get stoked soon! All the best.

Distinguished Member
    Get Some Brother or Sister

Senior Moderator
    That was quick on the trust !
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Stay safe tacman
    May the wind always be at your back brother.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Stay safe tacman
    May the wind always be at your back brother.
    Negative. Then they can smell you coming.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links