SEE WILD POLICE CHASE, SHOOTOUT: THIS Is How A Gunfight Feels From The Inside:

This is a discussion on SEE WILD POLICE CHASE, SHOOTOUT: THIS Is How A Gunfight Feels From The Inside: within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I find the value of this for us, not the usual video of an emergency from an observer's viewpoint with the camera, but taken from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: SEE WILD POLICE CHASE, SHOOTOUT: THIS Is How A Gunfight Feels From The Inside:

I find the value of this for us, not the usual video of an emergency from an observer's viewpoint with the camera, but taken from cameras in the middle of it, perhaps worn by officers. It's not the Range, I'll tell you that. See for yourself. Good example of how the real thing may feel - absolute crazy chaos, every second a possible death (including real hits in real officers).

Video shows wild police chase, shootout - CNN.com Video

VIP Member
    here is a link to a page with an article and with several of the officers' body cameras put together in one long video, it has radio traffic, etc (stupid ad at beginning of the video)

Video: Pursuit, shooting of 'cop killer' captured on body cam

there were eyewitnesses that gave incorrect info to 911 and led to some of the confusion, he was shooting an AK47 at officers and at people in general both stopped and while going down the street, officers where shot and lucky to be alive
    I would like to see pics of that police car he stole to see all the bullet holes in it
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

This is bogus. The guy was a felon therefor he was not allowed to have guns, therefor he couldn't have done all of this. We all know that criminals always obey the law, especially when it comes to owing firearms. s/o I say send Chucky Schummer and DiFi in to talk with him, I'm sure he'd give up just as soon as they started to speak. s/o again.
    Bassleg, Patti, Ghost1958 and 5 others like this.

That was a little weird seeing that officer go first person shooter and start shooting through the windshield while driving. They did the best they could and I'm glad they all made it home.
    Last edited by MikeNice; February 7th, 2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: I need to stop typing on my cell phone or get the app
    Remember the teacher telling you to “Bring enough for everybody”? That applies to gunfights, too. ~ Sarge @ Sarge's Roll Call

VIP Member
    Wow, that was intense.
    Glad the mutt was put down and no LEO had an EOW that day.

When are they (the municipal powers that be) going to wake up and put the tethers on the municipal vehicle's & patrol cars, ambulances ETC.) {Yes some wiseguy stole an ambulance last fall in Warren Mi.}

Which cuts the power to the vehicle if the driver is not in close proximity.
    The only downfall to this that I can see is that if you have one of these guys, they will make sure the officer is dead stuffed in trunk/backseat then go for a ride. Instead of shooting them and dumping them and maybe the LEO has a chance of survival.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

"A long criminal history" of fraud, embezzlement, and traffic violations? It's a big leap from that to getting "cop killer" tattooed on you and getting into a gunfight with the police.
    Patti likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    "A long criminal history" of fraud, embezzlement, and traffic violations? It's a big leap from that to getting "cop killer" tattooed on you and getting into a gunfight with the police.
    I think He was upping his game....
    Brad426 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I think He was upping his game....
    Yep. Glad it turned out the way it did (minus the wounded officers). I wish more people would go this route and fight armed people than the chicken poops that attack schools, malls, and movie theaters.
    64zebra likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Yep. Glad it turned out the way it did (minus the wounded officers). I wish more people would go this route and fight armed people than the chicken poops that attack schools, malls, and movie theaters.
    I agree, I do not like the loss of innocence......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Wow, that was intense.
    Glad the mutt was put down and no LEO had an EOW that day.

When are they (the municipal powers that be) going to wake up and put the tethers on the municipal vehicle's & patrol cars, ambulances ETC.) {Yes some wiseguy stole an ambulance last fall in Warren Mi.}

Which cuts the power to the vehicle if the driver is not in close proximity.
    The only downfall to this that I can see is that if you have one of these guys, they will make sure the officer is dead stuffed in trunk/backseat then go for a ride. Instead of shooting them and dumping them and maybe the LEO has a chance of survival.
    There is actually a device that can be installed that won't let the car be shifted out of park unless you activate a foot switch. That may have been the better option in this scenario. Then again, it might have caused him to finish off the cop and take hostages. I don't think any technology would have really made this situation any better.

It does seem like the GPS units in cars would have a remote defeat switch at HQ.
    Remember the teacher telling you to “Bring enough for everybody”? That applies to gunfights, too. ~ Sarge @ Sarge's Roll Call

Also I can only hope the windows were down cause firing a 223 round inside a vechial with no ears on not fun ... Did not cop not say at the end "did we get him , I cant hear anything ?" or something to that effect.

Also not that from what I read he was wearing armor would be interesting to see what level as it sound like one round did breach it in the back so maybe only lev 2 or 3

That was some hollowood stuff there firing though your own windscreen...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Hope the wounded officer comes out ok. At least the scumbag didn't waste community time with a trial.
    MikeNice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    here is a link to a page with an article and with several of the officers' body cameras put together in one long video, it has radio traffic, etc (stupid ad at beginning of the video)

Video: Pursuit, shooting of 'cop killer' captured on body cam

there were eyewitnesses that gave incorrect info to 911 and led to some of the confusion, he was shooting an AK47 at officers and at people in general both stopped and while going down the street, officers where shot and lucky to be alive
    I would like to see pics of that police car he stole to see all the bullet holes in it
    My god that was scary - was LEO shooting thru front window, couldn't tell? Honor to the Officers! They earned their salary that day...would it were much more.
    Last edited by detective; February 8th, 2014 at 02:52 AM.
    MikeNice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Also I can only hope the windows were down cause firing a 223 round inside a vechial with no ears on not fun ... Did not cop not say at the end "did we get him , I cant hear anything ?" or something to that effect.

Also not that from what I read he was wearing armor would be interesting to see what level as it sound like one round did breach it in the back so maybe only lev 2 or 3

That was some hollowood stuff there firing though your own windscreen...
    I think the fact the cops got 8 hits on the BG was fair dinkum on their shooting considering it was a rolling gunfight. Speaking to the bold part I once fired a 45 black powder pistol inside of a truck. Thank goodness I've never seen the need to be that foolish again.

I only watched one video and it took forever to load. I missed the AK fire.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

In one article I read it states that dispatch was able to kill the radio in the stolen car, so at least he couldn't hear the officers communications

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    64zebra likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links