The desire to survive.

The desire to survive.

This is a discussion on The desire to survive. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Deputy Who Survived Dorner Shootout: ?I Was Suffocating, Just Choking On My Blood? « CBS Los Angeles My Son is close to this Deputy and ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By manolito
  • 1 Post By tacman605

Thread: The desire to survive.

Distinguished Member

The desire to survive.

Deputy Who Survived Dorner Shootout: ?I Was Suffocating, Just Choking On My Blood? « CBS Los Angeles

My Son is close to this Deputy and the whole evolution of this shoot out.

The part I find amazing is how this young man conducted himself and that he did not take the easy ride of disability but fought to return to work. Just as a military wounded must fight within to return to society so did this young Deputy.

To those of us that have fought the battles with guns this story means a lot.

Respectfully,
    Bill
    357and40 and NONAME762 like this.

Amazing story. Wishing him the best.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

{NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

VIP Member
    I am so very impressed with this young man and his determination and love of life, family and - yes - his job. He is a true hero.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Great story, so glad he survived. But you kind of have to wonder, had CCW permits been readily available in CA would Dorner have gotten as far as he did and succeeded in shooting as many people as he did? Maybe one would have had a gun and taken him down or slowed him down.

I love the fact that he was made over his Iphone being shot. He is a real survivor.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by GunTeacher View Post
    Great story, so glad he survived. But you kind of have to wonder, had CCW permits been readily available in CA would Dorner have gotten as far as he did and succeeded in shooting as many people as he did? Maybe one would have had a gun and taken him down or slowed him down.

Well it did not help he shot more then a few people with a Silenced rifle or handgun as I remember .
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Dorner only had 3 verified shootings.

1-LAPD officer who was grazed.

2- Riverside PD officers (Michael Crane killed and a rookie severely injured)

2- SBSD (Jeremiah McKay killed and the Deputy in the OP wounded)

No one knows for sure if he really killed the daughter of the LAPD Captain and her fiance.

One thing for sure Dorner was no joke and had multiple LE agencies scared literally.

VIP Member
    First kudos to the deputy he has a warrior spirit that will carry him through life.

No. The average CC'er would not have the mindset or skillset to advance to gunfire or take on a person with a rifle. Sorry but many on here train at no more than three yards with a J frame and complain about that.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Links