Want a free pass across the border?

This is a discussion on Want a free pass across the border? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I could not believe what I'm seeing. I just watched US Drug Wars. A show on Discovery. Some Mexican citizens were kidnapped by Mexican drug ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Want a free pass across the border?

Want a free pass across the border?

I could not believe what I'm seeing. I just watched US Drug Wars. A show on Discovery. Some Mexican citizens were kidnapped by Mexican drug cartel, I'm guessing as some sort of collateral in a drug deal over US Borders. Long and the short, border patrol intercepts the deal and has all in custody. Kidnapped Mexican citizen gives up the captor and is granted US citizenship in return. REALLY??? I am speechless. This government never ceases to amaze me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this stage in the game.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedinPA View Post
    I could not believe what I'm seeing. I just watched US Drug Wars. A show on Discovery. Some Mexican citizens were kidnapped by Mexican drug cartel, I'm guessing as some sort of collateral in a drug deal over US Borders. Long and the short, border patrol intercepts the deal and has all in custody. Kidnapped Mexican citizen gives up the captor and is granted US citizenship in return. REALLY??? I am speechless. This government never ceases to amaze me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this stage in the game.
    Why is this shocking? If we sent that person back they would be dead in hours. We have been giving asylum to people for a long long time. In this case it was for someone that actually helped us.

Well then I guess you can say I'm shocked because I completely don't agree with it.
    gatorbait51 and ctr like this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

Well then I guess you can say I'm shocked because I completely don't agree with it.
    So which part do you not agree with? Giving asylum to someone that helps the US? Or just because it was someone from south of the border?
    Lee 1973 likes this.

I don't see any problem with letting them in. They were brought here against their will. As Outwest said, they would probably be killed instantly if they get deported back.

It's easy for us with a born citizenship to want to keep others from enjoying the same liberties that we are accustomed to in this country. It doesn't hurt to show a little mercy every now and then.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    It's easy for us with a born citizenship to want to keep others from enjoying the same liberties that we are accustomed to in this country. It doesn't hurt to show a little mercy every now and then.
    The problem, of course, is that we have been showing such mercy for the past 30+ years. We've now shown mercy to an estimated 30 million illegals who currently occupy our great nation. Our very way of life is being destroyed, both short-term and long-term, by this invasion of illegals into our country. Once you start making excuses and exceptions for a handful, you have Democrats looking to recruit new voters by the millions.
    msgt/ret, NONAME762, ctr and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    The problem, of course, is that we have been showing such mercy for the past 30+ years. We've now shown mercy to an estimated 30 million illegals who currently occupy our great nation. Our very way of life is being destroyed, both short-term and long-term, by this invasion of illegals into our country. Once you start making excuses and exceptions for a handful, you have Democrats looking to recruit new voters by the millions.
    And that has to do with this story how? This is a person that has assisted US law enforcement to get a real bad guy. This person is for sure dead if they are sent back to Mexico. What do you think we should do with them now that they helped us? Just send them back to be executed?
    Aceoky likes this.

First of all they were kidnapped. Big difference than being an illegal.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Recruiter

Mexico sure sounds like a great place.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have no problem granting asylum for those who are in danger after helping our country. I just think that we need to take more control over the population of illegal immigrants. The minority will, in my lifetime, likely be the majority. I don't typically align with the same political beliefs. I really don't like when folks come here illegally, are granted legal status for no real reason, then given food stamps and subsidized housing just so they can turn around and vote for the folks that continue to flush my tax dollars down the toilet. I'm afraid for our future if this trend continues. We have enough to worry about with our legitimate population before we start taking our borrowed money and giving it out to just anybody.
    CIBMike likes this.

He got granted citizenship??? Sure it wasn't asylum ? I haven't seen the episode but citizenship sounds a bit much, asylum yes. And yes walking dead man with the cartels. If it makes you happy they probably will kill his family in Mexico as revenge.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I would assume it would be granted asylum instead of anmesty.
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Recruiter

Jmattingly you sir are correct let me go fix that. Sorry about that typing without thinking half the time.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I have a great deal of animosity to those who come to this country illegally and commit welfare fraud deal in drugs and other criminal activity burden our schools and hospitals. That being said this person brought here against their will, assisting US law enforcement, and as a result will surely killed if they return to Mexico, would seem a poster child for asylum. A whole different matter that sometimes gets confused in the mix is no one should doubt the respect I have for Americans of Hispanic decent that I have served with as Marines, Soldiers, Officers and Therapists.
    Lee 1973, CIBMike and Aceoky like this.

I still say every thing should be done in English. That was what it was back years ago so why change!! If they want to live here learn to read and speak it!
    msgt/ret, NONAME762, ctr and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links