Texas LEOs Tell NFL to Pound Sand!

This is a discussion on Texas LEOs Tell NFL to Pound Sand! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They got those stink'g bad-ges and we'll carry to the games! Texas Tells NFL Their Gun Laws Don?t Apply Here | TheBlaze.com OMG will the ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: Texas LEOs Tell NFL to Pound Sand!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Texas LEOs Tell NFL to Pound Sand!

They got those stink'g bad-ges and we'll carry to the games!

Texas Tells NFL Their Gun Laws Don?t Apply Here | TheBlaze.com

OMG will the NFL move the Cowboys and Texans? Will Jerry Jones have is son-in-law wipe his glasses so he can see which Off-Fa-Crs are armed? Will they institute a "Stop N' Frisk" policy? Will Romo's pocket collapse? Or will his shotgun go off half cocked like Manning in the Superbowl?
    WHEC724, ArmyCop, Aceoky and 7 others like this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    State law trumps NFL policy. Personally, the only advantage of attending a live game is avoiding those annoying TV announcers, but at a hefty price. But stadium seats do not trump my Lazi-boy.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Just a matter of time until the only place you can carry is in your home and vehicle.

The places that I would want to carry the most in public are not even allowed. Government building, banks, hospitals, schools, colleges. I mean this is where a lot of shootings actually happen and they don't want the good guys carrying there. Boy that makes a lot of sense.
    GH, DingBat, gatorbait51 and 2 others like this.

Good for them. I have worn my gun off-duty in more than one NFL stadium, pre and post the new NFL rules. So far even with the patdown search security has never found them. Gun free zones, no matter how good the intention is, are just easy victim zones (regardless if it pertains to law enforcement or everyone).

Quote Originally Posted by Czombie View Post
    Just a matter of time until the only place you can carry is in your home and vehicle.

The places that I would want to carry the most in public are not even allowed. Government building, banks, hospitals, schools, colleges. I mean this is where a lot of shootings actually happen and they don't want the good guys carrying there. Boy that makes a lot of sense.
    Wow that sucks, in Alabama we can carry in all of those except federal buildings

VIP Member
    All the major sports associations think that they are the ALMIGHTY himself.
    Too many people put way too much importance in a sporting event.
    They are as bad if not worse than the movie industry.
    They, and the people(major players) feel they can act with impunity and say and do whatever they want because in their small minds, they think they matter.

Go watch a local play, or a HS, or college game for Gods sake if you want to enjoy something worthwhile.
    I say to H.E. Double Hockey Sticks with the NFL.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Why does the "state" think it has the right to tell a business how to run their business? You all get offended when the "state" tells people they can't sell more than a 16 oz drink but cheer when they tell the business they can't control what enters their facility, why is that?

The business should have the right to run their business as they see fit and people that the right to protest those decisions by not using that business.
    Dabster, Azchief and brocktice like this.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Something tells me I should leave this one alone and enjoy the show.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Because - the 2nd is NOT a privilege - a business CANNOT discriminate against one due to religion, or race , or gender -- so they have NO right to discriminate against legal gun owners - when ALL it does it put them in harm's way - they don't bother with armed security - they should be financially responsible for EVERY shooting in every gun free zone - including pain & suffering and punitive damages - see how badly they REALLY want to keep law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

WHY do you Always state "property rights"????

HOW does anyone legally carrying affect you in ANY way? HOW does that affect your property rights?

It doesn't and you'd likely never have a clue if 100 per day came in and left armed -so why the whining?

Sworn Officers are never really "off duty" they have a duty to act in presence of a crime- What purpose does trying to disarm LEO serve? What purpose does it serve to try to disarm law abiding citizens who carry?

NONE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

I've got mixed feelings on this one. Some stadiums are built with at least a portion of the cost coming from tax dollars. In that case, I think they shouldn't be able to say it is private property and regulate who can and cannot carry.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Czombie View Post

Government buildings - Allowed in TX. Government prohibited by law from restricting CHL's to carry in government buildings. Can even go into the Capitol building carrying.
    banks - Allowed in TX unless posted with 30.06 sign.
    hospitals - Allowed in X unless posted with 30.06 sign
    schools - TX - not allowed inside buildings but OK outside.
    colleges - TX - same as schools for now. Hope to change in next legislative session (2015)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I've got mixed feelings on this one. Some stadiums are built with at least a portion of the cost coming from tax dollars. In that case, I think they shouldn't be able to say it is private property and regulate who can and cannot carry.
    So are most colleges.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    Government buildings - Allowed in TX. Government prohibited by law from restricting CHL's to carry in government buildings. Can even go into the Capitol building carrying.
    banks - Allowed in TX unless posted with 30.06 sign.
    hospitals - Allowed in X unless posted with 30.06 sign
    schools - TX - not allowed inside buildings but OK outside.
    colleges - TX - same as schools for now. Hope to change in next legislative session (2015)
    I thought that Federal building were off limits. Along with court houses. At least the one in my county is a 30.06
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Senior Moderator
    The business should have the right to run their business as they see fit and people that the right to protest those decisions by not using that business.
    In this case it isn't the "state" telling anyone anything. Its the NFL telling the "state" that they cant do what is legal for them to do.

Bit of a difference there.

A business should not make rules that are contrary to state law and expect everyone to abide by them.

It is the law in Texas that off duty LEO's are exempt from other laws that deal with concealed handgun laws...same as any other LEO in most states.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Why does the "state" think it has the right to tell a business how to run their business? You all get offended when the "state" tells people they can't sell more than a 16 oz drink but cheer when they tell the business they can't control what enters their facility, why is that?

When the NFL builds their own stadiums with the own money, then they should be able to prohibit what they want. When the city/state builds their stadium with taxpayers money, then they can tell the NFL what they can or cannot prohibit in OUR stadium.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links