ATF Busts Illegal Gun Buyer

ATF Busts Illegal Gun Buyer

This is a discussion on ATF Busts Illegal Gun Buyer within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is how the law about felons acquiring guns illegally should go. The Felon was having someone else attempt to buy guns in a local ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: ATF Busts Illegal Gun Buyer

Thumbs up ATF Busts Illegal Gun Buyer

This is how the law about felons acquiring guns illegally should go. The Felon was having someone else attempt to buy guns in a local Pawn Shop nearby where I live.

This is also one of the things that Anti gun people keep saying, that guns are too easy for anyone, including criminals, to get and therefore they should be heavily restricted. This does prove there are law abiding people willing to forgo profit and obey the law.

ATF Arrests Man in Illegal Gun Buys from Pawn Shop
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I'm local for this story as well, and just read it on my news feed. I'm pleasantly surprised at the reporting. Responsible gun sellers do the right thing and we get the right result.
    NONAME762 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member
    I'm glad it turned out the way it did. It seems to show that the system can work and is not as bad as some people would want you to believe (bloomy).

the guy probably was buying alcohol and tabacco for minors in his day and took it a step higher.
    In loving memory of my son Trey. *Aug 28 1982- Sept 1 2004*
    Gone from our home but not from our hearts.

Let him go Eric Holder told him to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Let him go Eric Holder told him to do it.
    Givem What For TDave!!!!!!!!

Seriously tho this IS one of the jobs of ATFE. (Folks here KNOW I have plenty of animousity towards ATF. In this instance my usual ill will of them is taking a breather. The ATF done good (for once.)

This is a solid example of business and the authorities working together to put BGs in the slammer. Funny isn't it the BGs GF had a warrant out on her as well. This is how most BGs are brought in. They get pulled over for something moronic. The LEO runs the plate or DL and the driver/passenger comes back hot with a warrant out for their arrest.

Kudos on JoJo for bringing this to the attention of DC and the members here.

The Law Works if you work it.
    JoJoGunn and gatorbait51 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

It works if the felon is an idiot. Which this one had to be to go about getting a gun in that manner in that area. Dont get me wrong Im glad he didnt get the guns but the fact he didnt is much more his stupidity than a wonderfully working gun law.
    txron, Aceoky, blitzburgh and 1 others like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    ... is a convicted felon and cannot own a firearm.

... was hostile and had to be removed from the store twice before the arrest.

"He was actually the one looking at the firearms, but not the one purchasing them."

... tried to bypass the background check system by having someone else fill out the paperwork.
    As some have pointed out, it works if the felon is an idjet.

Sort of begs the question: how does it work, if someone else simply purchases it in the store for cash and fills out the paperwork correctly (fully intending to resell immediately for cash, off-grid); or, if someone simply buys off-grid to begin with? No prizes for the correct answer.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; March 6th, 2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: grammar, spelling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Problem is he will cop a plea and do minimum time,nobody ever gets the maximum,
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

UPDATE

The felon was indeed an idiot. Got hostile after acting suspicious and having the gal attempt to buy a gun without background check. At least this criminal is not on the bright side.

UPDATE: ATF Arrests Man in Illegal Gun Buy from Pawn Shop
    Ghost1958 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    It works if the felon is an idiot. Which this one had to be to go about getting a gun in that manner in that area. Dont get me wrong Im glad he didnt get the guns but the fact he didnt is much more his stupidity than a wonderfully working gun law.
    The bit I bolded: This goofball got 5 handguns. I hope the DA on this one calls it 5 counts of Felon with a firearm.
    So long as the judge doesn't drop the ball he shouldn't get out till he's feeble enough to be prey himself. Yehaaa One can only hope.

HUA
    gatorbait51 likes this.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Problem is he will cop a plea and do minimum time,nobody ever gets the maximum,

Party Pooper
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Glad they got this Felon and accomplice.
    Whatever happend to Gabby Gifford's husband when he tried to purchase that AR-15, when caught and questioned by the press, he claimed he was testing how easy it was to buy the weapon and he was going to give it to the police after he picked it up.. the gun shop reported him to the Sheriff for a straw purchase since he was buying the weapon intent on not keeping it for himself?

Was shopping before Christmas and looking at some .22 hanguns as a Christmas present for my older stepson. Settled in on a Beretta Neos..
    Mama came over looked at and and agreed. Told her to do the paperwork...
    You should have seen the face on the guy behind the counter..
    trying to figure out if it was a straw purchase, a test, legit.
    Explained I have done enough forms for a few years and it was her biological son that would be using the pistol, finally showed him ID and my LTC...
    I did thank him for questioning the possibility of a straw purchase.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

And on the other hand, there are some of us who believe in the 2nd Amendment and that the Founding Fathers said what they meant when they said "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

http://www.spambob.net/william-dahl/2nd-amendment.htm

I'm not going to defend this dirtbag (due to his prior rape conviction), but I'm not going to say that an unconstitutional law is right either. If you do not believe in the absoluteness of the 2nd Amendment, then you have been corrupted by being around the leftists too much and you are well on your way down that slippery slope that will lead to registration and eventual confiscation. You have to take a stand *somewhere* and I choose to do it at the crest of the slope instead of somewhere down it where I won't be able to come back up.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or penicillin...

I HATE CENSORSHIP !!!

More info about me

Last yearly statistics I recall hearing claimed that 40,000 prohibited individuals were prevented from purchasing a firearm by the NICS background checks. The natural follow-up question was regarding how many of those were prosecuted by the federal government, and the answer was 42.

Roughly one chance in a thousand that charges will be brought. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links