Mexican Drug Gangs--here they come, to a neighborhood near you........

This is a discussion on Mexican Drug Gangs--here they come, to a neighborhood near you........ within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, maybe closer to 40Bob Seriously though, my wife and I had dinner last night with our Lieutenant and his wife. He passed on some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Mexican Drug Gangs--here they come, to a neighborhood near you........

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Well, maybe closer to 40Bob

Seriously though, my wife and I had dinner last night with our Lieutenant and his wife. He passed on some intel about Mexican drug gangs infiltrating to the oil boom towns in North Dakota (and soon into Montana). We may soon have a replay of the old wild west....
    Aceoky, msgt/ret, tdave and 3 others like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Bob can handle it. He will just call in the boys.......
    CLASS3NH and gatorbait51 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Had them in my area for a while.

Idaho Gangs

We stood up a Federally led task force with a Federal prosecutor, funded in most part by a local contribution, and have come down hard on them Convict them of federal drug crimes and federal gun laws, send them to federal prisons in Chicago or the South so they can't continue to run things from prison. We went from 2-3 drive bys a week to maybe 1 every couple of years, "tagging" has almost stopped, and drug problems have reduced noticeably.

Police and prosecutors work on Treasure Valley gang problem | KTVB.COM Boise

USDOJ: US Attorney's Office - District of Idaho

Street Crimes Unit
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "We may soon have a replay of the old wild west"

As I recall, the good guys won last time.
    ccw9mm, CLASS3NH and gatorbait51 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

No surprise there. Where there's lots of money flowing, there's lots of drugs flowing.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I live 20 miles from the Border,you think all those Illegals are crossing just to mow your yard,Cartels have been setting up grow operations,and Drug operations in every State in the US for years,down here we have everything from home invasions to kidnappings and extortion,but you won't read about it outside of local news
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "We may soon have a replay of the old wild west"

As I recall, the good guys won last time.
    If only it was that simple..............

These guys are well financed, well organized, have a ready clientele and are highly motivated for a variety of reasons. Once they get established they are next to impossible to eliminate. You can only suppress their activity and presence.

We are seeing them running drugs from Idaho out to the Dakotas/Montana as there is a vacuum in power and supply in those areas. It won't be that way for long.

Mexican Drug Cartels Are Operating in All But 12 States | Motherboard

Law enforcement combining efforts to fight drug rings in the Bakken | KTVQ.com | Q2 | Billings, Montana
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

I chuckle when I hear small town rural environments don't have gangs. The first wave was urban in appearance and LEO's picked up on them no problem. Now they stay under the radar. Not inclusive of The Northern Structure which has been rural and under the radar for some time.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I certainly trust in our friends in Montana and other oil boom areas to handle the situation, but it really is a shame it has to be this way.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I live 20 miles from the Border,you think all those Illegals are crossing just to mow your yard,Cartels have been setting up grow operations,and Drug operations in every State in the US for years,down here we have everything from home invasions to kidnappings and extortion,but you won't read about it outside of local news

Amen to that. My niece's husband is in the Army in San Antonio. He was working the midnight to 8 shift and she was at home with the 2 toddlers. She woke to a CRASH as someone was trying to kick in the front door. She called 911 and the operator said "DO NOT LET THEM GET IN YOUR HOUSE." She grabbed HER S&W 19, she has been shooting since she could walk, and put 2 rounds through the top of the door.

Amazingly noise quit, BG's left for softer targets. Along the border it happens ALL the time.
    Aceoky, 64zebra, CLASS3NH and 1 others like this.

Anything is possible in a country with unrestricted border crossings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Well, maybe closer to 40Bob

Seriously though, my wife and I had dinner last night with our Lieutenant and his wife. He passed on some intel about Mexican drug gangs infiltrating to the oil boom towns in North Dakota (and soon into Montana). We may soon have a replay of the old wild west....

We have been dealing with the Mexican gangs here for close to 20 years. They are the major suppliers of meth, and have been using the Indian reservations. We popped a couple of Zeta's over here 5 years ago. Had a double murder 10 miles down the road 10 years ago linked to meth smuggling.
    Aceoky, 64zebra and gatorbait51 like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That's because it's not really happening. Just ask the current administration. The borders are safe and secure.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    For many years dealt with gangs, cartels and stupid now I just sit on the front porch cleaning guns, RPGs, tanks and range finders and a sign that says BEWARE second hand lion.

On calguns they are people in Humbolt county that have neghibores that grown the green stuff ( leglaly I think ) but still they are a target for raids by the cartals ... They gun on Calguns for that reason keeps a plate carrier handy in case the idots hit the wrong house ....

But yeah where I live is pretty far remove from the border ( thank god ) .. But I know people who used to hunt near the border but not anymore ... Course in AZ it can be ugly if you try to hit a house .... Why you dont want to rob anyone in AZ ....

gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links