Peace Officer Off-Duty Carry Poll

This is a discussion on Peace Officer Off-Duty Carry Poll within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just for fun, let's see what professional Peace Officers carry off duty. I suspect the sample pool on this forum will be biased, so this ...

View Poll Results: What do Peace Officers carry off duty?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I usually carry a sidearm that is about the same size/weight as my duty gun while off duty

7 14.58%
  • I usually carry a sidearm that is smaller/lighter than my duty gun while off duty

29 60.42%
  • I usually do not carry a sidearm off duty

1 2.08%
  • I carry the same sidearm on duty and off

11 22.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Peace Officer Off-Duty Carry Poll

Just for fun, let's see what professional Peace Officers carry off duty. I suspect the sample pool on this forum will be biased, so this is more for fun than for statistical significance.
    ArmyCop likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Moderator
    I tote a G21 on duty, but lately I've resorted to an HK Compact 9 for everything else.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Sig P220 on duty, Kahr PM9 off duty. Sometimes a Kahr k9 (love those steel guns) but the PM9 is just too perfect to leave home very often. It doubles as an on duty backup as well. After 5 years on my ankle getting banged around and dunked into puddles, it still looks and functions like it did when I took it out of the box. Such a great little pistol.

While I carried a revolver (model 10 4" HB) I carried a Smith model 36 2" off duty.

Later when we transitioned to Auto loaders I carried a Glock 19 as a service pistol, I carried a Glock 26, hated it. Got a Kahr, wasnt real happy with that, and went back to my S&W roots and carried a 640.

Lucky as I was I was authorized to carry the Glock 19, the S&W 10, and a S&W 64 3" HB R/B. I'd switch back and fourth when the mood strike me. Most of my career was spent working in plain clothes or business attire. I ended up switching back and fourth as my clothing dictated.

On duty was a Glock 19, off duty a Ruger SPNY. Since retirement in '10, first a Kahr PM9 and now a PM40.

Carried my duty gun on/off duty until I retired. Now I carry a Glock 27 or 31C most of the time. Even while working my part time gig, they do not allow the 1911 and the pay is too good to complain.
    Aceoky, OD* and tdave like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Although retired now (5 years--21 March), but when I did work, I carried the same gun off-duty as on-duty...familiarity...

I still carry service size/full size handguns in .40 S&W and .45 ACP...
    rugergunner, NCW Ray and Aceoky like this.

TSD G19, Sig P290RS, Kahr PM9, Suarez International ECP26, Walther PPK/s, and a S&W 642-2. Just depends on my mood and location.

The two most dangerous places in today's world:
    1.) a gun free zone
    2.) your comfort zone

VIP Member
    G17 duty
    Off duty it's mostly the G30
    Sometimes Keltec P11, very seldom the 642 (backup on duty)
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

S&W 64 as a rookie, with a 640 Centennial as my BUG and as my off duty. Once we went to semi-autos I carried the Glock 19 and I still carried the 640 as my BUG and as my off duty. Now that I'm retired, I switch between my M&P 45c and my 640. My clothing and situation decides which one I carry. Since I bought the M&P 45c, my Glock 19 has been spending a lot of time in my safe.---Sturgis
    S&W 64-4 38 cal
    S&W 640 38 cal
    Glock19 9mm
    S&W M&P 45C
    Mossberg 500
    NRA Member

I carried a M&P 40sw Fullsize on duty, but after I retired in 2010 at the age of 52 with 30 years service I generally carry a glock 27 in a infidel IWB kydex holster abt 75 % of the time. When I can't carry that then either a S&W 642, or kel Tec 380 other times. I have at times just had a naa 22mag revolver in my pocket.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I have to carry a Glock 9mm on duty. Not a bad weapon, but not my preference. Off duty is a Kimber Custom Carry II in .45 ACP. Sometimes a baby Glock for pocket carry in the heat.
    =
    "The six-shooter loaded with deadly cartridges is a dangerous companion for any man, especially if he should unfortunately be primed with whiskey." - Texas Live Stock Journal, June 5, 1884
    "Leave Your Revolvers At Police Headquarters and Get a Check." - Sign outside Wichita, 1873.

Now GLADLY retired...last duty gun was a GLOCK 22 .40S&W; BUG was GLOCK 27 .40S&W. The 27 is now my EDC CCW.
    LEOSA Qualified: Semi-auto and revolver.

Duty is a 22. Authorized are also the 23 , and 27 for a BUG, or off duty use.

Sometimes I carry the 22, but mostly the G27 gets the nod.
    awoodpd13 and GWarden like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I carried a S&W Model 19 on duty with a back up Colt Commander and off duty carried Model 27 with Colt Commander. For the record when I was a Deputy according to our Sheriff we were never off duty but we did not get involved with misdemeanors only felonies and if we were caught without a weapon on our person on our day off we lost 2 days off but that was the old days.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links