Saddam is Gone!

This is a discussion on Saddam is Gone! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by WorldPax Mod edit-- Bumper, the forum owner has decided that links to Saddam videos will be deleted from his forum. I think ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saddam is Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldPax View Post
    Mod edit-- Bumper, the forum owner has decided that links to Saddam videos will be deleted from his forum.
    I think it should be mandatory viewing......

Just as the Nicolas Berg execution got the media playtime.

Link is available by request.

Morbid yes, but a necessary part of life.
    Team WTFDTSG?

***** happens, it becomes the past. Live with it, learn from it and get on with it.

2. Remove Ads

I still wish we could have taken his butt out in 1991. Seems to me there would have been a bunch of trouble saved if we could have gotten him then.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Wish the two sons had to stand trial.From what i've read they both deserved to hang also.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gazay View Post
    Wish the two sons had to stand trial.From what i've read they both deserved to hang also.

Das wha day got..

I've talked to one of the solders who was involved in the fire fight that killed Uday and Qusay. He told me that once it was confirmed that they were in there, the level of fire into the building went up considerably.

There was no way they were walking out of that building. I think they got what they deserved. And as evil as they were, they did go out fighting unlike their coward father who hid in a spider hole. He went out as a weakling ranting and throwing fits. What a pathetic end for a "leader".
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Saddam really was a coward wasn't he ? all he did was shoot his mouth off.

We discussed this in class yesterday.

Should Saddam have been executed?

About half the class said "no, it only perpetuates the violence and makes Muslims mad."

I laughed out loud and said "He killed thousands of his own people with poison gas and many insurgents were probably fighting with the hope that they'd free him."

Of course no one had anything to say about that. Personally I think they should have drawn and quartered him and buried him in the U.S.A. And Muslims get upset about everything. You draw a cartoon about their special book, and they protest in THEIR country (very odd if you ask me. If I'm mad about something the White House does, I don't stage a vigil in my backyard, I do it in Washington).

But on the other hand, I don't think we should have gone there in the first place.

-It's on the other side of the world. If they want to kill each other, that's fine. But don't send our boys half way across the world to get their legs blown off by roadside bombs trying to help them.

-It's not a good idea to invade a country where each household is allowed to have an assault rifle (I could be wrong here, but they sure have a lot of guns).

-600,000 Iraqis have died since the start of the War, which is far more damage than Saddam ever did.

Call me an isolationist, but I want my tax dollars to be spent on constructive things at home and I want Americans to be safe (more U.S. citizens have died in Iraq and Afghanistan than in all terrorist attacks against us).
    Last edited by Andrewsky; January 4th, 2007 at 07:49 PM.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    -It's not a good idea to invade a country where each household is allowed to have an assault rifle (I could be wrong here, but they sure have a lot of guns).
    Ya! They have a lot of guns. M16's bought and paid for by the tax payers of America. A good share of them are now on the black market over there. There in stores everywhere and you can thank the republican party for supplying them. Too bad were not allowed to own them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewsky View Post
    We discussed this in class yesterday.

Should Saddam have been executed?

About half the class said "no, it only perpetuates the violence and makes Muslims mad."

I laughed out loud and said "He killed thousands of his own people with poison gas and many insurgents were probably fighting with the hope that they'd free him."

Of course no one had anything to say about that. Personally I think they should have drawn and quartered him and buried him in the U.S.A. And Muslims get upset about everything. You draw a cartoon about their special book, and they protest in THEIR country (very odd if you ask me. If I'm mad about something the White House does, I don't stage a vigil in my backyard, I do it in Washington).

But on the other hand, I don't think we should have went there in the first place.

-It's on the other side of the world. If they want to kill each other, that's fine. But don't send our boys half way across the world to get their legs blown off by roadside bombs trying to help them.

-600,000 Iraqis have died since the start of the War, which is far more damage than Saddam ever did.

Call me an isolationist, but I want my tax dollars to be spent on constructive things at home and I want Americans to be safe (more U.S. citizens have died in Iraq and Afghanistan than in all terrorist attacks against us).

Please post your source for the numbers you are talking here?
    Team WTFDTSG?

***** happens, it becomes the past. Live with it, learn from it and get on with it.

-It's not a good idea to invade a country where each household is allowed to have an assault rifle ...
    That's interesting. Viewed from a certain perspective, the simple fact that so many folks are armed and actively resisting has thrown a wrench into the works and stopped the U.S. army cold. It's a good lesson as to exactly why it is so crucial to defend the 2A and ability of citizens to be armed ... exactly for these reasons.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
    10:1 he got the 600k number from NPR or CNN.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
    The following survey estimated 654,965 excess deaths related to the war as of July 2006.

http://www.thelancet.com/webfiles/im...3606694919.pdf

Many newspapers reported that on Christmas day, December 25, 2006 the total number of U.S. military deaths from the Iraq War equaled and surpassed the 2973 total deaths on 9/11 (not counting the 19 suicide hijackers). For example; a Dec. 27, 2006 Newsday article [40] reported:

"A Christmas Day explosion pushed the number of American troops killed in Iraq above the Sept. 11, 2001, death toll. ... The bomb explosion Monday, which killed two soldiers south of Baghdad, raised the number of troops killed to 2,974 since the beginning of the Iraq war in 2003, according to a count by The Associated Press. Terrorists hijacked jetliners on Sept. 11, 2001, and crashed them into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a Pennsylvania field, killing 2,973 people."

Note that deaths Afghanistan are not included.

Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    10:1 he got the 600k number from NPR or CNN.
    Thank you. You're right, it's a vast left-wing conspiracy perpetuated by the liberal media. No one has died in Iraq excluding evil, godless terrorists with no concept of good, decent, Judeo-Christian values and who were clearly involved in 9/11.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewsky View Post
    Thank you. You're right, it's a vast left-wing conspiracy perpetuated by the liberal media. No one has died in Iraq excluding evil, godless terrorists with no concept of good, decent, Judeo-Christian values and who were clearly involved in 9/11.
    I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about (probably because you make no sense). NPR and CNN actually reported the 600k number back in December.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

VIP Member
    Looks like this thread has reached the end of it's usable life...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links