'Proliferation' of armed units seen in federal agencies

This is a discussion on 'Proliferation' of armed units seen in federal agencies within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another piece of a puzzle falling into place! Under attack: Depth of federal arms race should surprise, shock citizenry « Watchdog.org 'Proliferation' of armed units ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: 'Proliferation' of armed units seen in federal agencies

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

gatorbait51 likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Federal Law Enforcement are only supposed to act within the territory they have jurisdiction over. My guess and hopes are that the Taos ski resort parking lot they were patrolling must sit inside the boundries of a National Forest.. once within those boundries they have almost the same authority as a regular LEO.
    I worked at a Federal project that had multiple areas geographically separate. Our Federal LEO had authority on each project, but once they stepped off the property they had zero authority, and one even received a ticket by the State Police for speeding and using blue lights while off the property. He was trying to go from one project to another while responding to a call.
    The State Police told them if an emergency arrises again to notify County 911 and use only 4 way flashers, speeding would not be tolorated.

While with the VA the Police officers were not allowed to carry a Gov't issued firearm off property, even to cross the road and gas up the cruiser...if pursuing a BG pursuit stopped at the fence and witness statements/testimony could be given after that.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Government IS force, naked, raw, bureaucratic, unthinking force. As the Federal Government grows to unbelievable size and complexity and exerts control over more and more of our lives it will require more militarization, more guns, and more force to try and control 300,000,000 people; as well as control the elected officials who are supposed to be controlling it, but lost that control a long time ago. That the CIA is spying on Senators is just another symptom of how gigantic, powerful, and completely out of control the Federal bureaucracy is, and they are completely unionized as well. Our liberty is utterly imperiled by it. We're one crisis away from loosing all control, and they can just bide their time and wait for what is bound to happen.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I do not like the militarization of so many different agencies. even the DNR now looks like they are just out of afghanistan while checking fishing licenses and checking for life jackets on suburban lakes. Sheriff boats patrolling the lakes harassing boaters (one sheriff got kicked off duty after so many complaints) It's a crock.
    gatorbait51 and fredg53 like this.

Yep, where do you think all that ammo that we can't find...is going? Imagine every (EVERY) vestige of Federal Authority will have their OWN armed & authorized enforcement branch while, at the same time, our military is gutted & de-funded. I once dismissed the Constitutional phrase "enemies both foreign & domestic" as simply verbose legalese. Now, as I watch the U.S. Postal Service & Department of Agriculture gearing-up like USMC Force Recon, perhaps Russia, Iran & Palestine are NOT the real threats about which to concern myself. God, please bless us all!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Theres something happening here. What is aint exactly clear....

"Oh the times, they are, a-changin'" (as long as we're quoting old song lyrics).
    gatorbait51 and Secret Spuk like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The reason is simple: No federal agency wants to be one-upped by another. If you've worked in one, you will know that. If Little Johnny FBI gets a new toy, little Johnny DEA wants one too, and so the dominoes fall.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Theres something happening here. What is aint exactly clear....
    Just open your eyes stormy, because there is a man with a gun over there! And history is about to repeat itself!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Just open your eyes stormy, because there is a man with a gun over there! And history is about to repeat itself!
    Im afraid that you are right. And "Storm", is fine, lol.

No kidding though, we have more in common with the Left than most here would think. The Left doesn't like this stuff either. I don't mean the ones in office, but rather the common people.

Its going to get interesting.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    All this does not bode well. Take these reports and add in all the armored vehicles that various federal agencies have been quietly acquiring. This is getting scary. Someone needs to ask Obummer why all these federal employees need to carry for their protection, why not the people they are supposed to serve and represent?
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I bounced around the bottom edges of The Dept. Of State as a young (fearless) pup. I understand the one-upsmanship between agencies. And there certainly ARE departments who are tasked with responsibilities that legitimize airborne-tucked trousers & suppressed SIGs. I just can't fathom that style of equipment, training & authority being necessary for the Tennessee Valley Authority or the Forestry Service. That's what LEOs are for!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Im afraid that you are right. And "Storm", is fine, lol.

No kidding though, we have more in common with the Left than most here would think. The Left doesn't like this stuff either. I don't mean the ones in office, but rather the common people.

Its going to get interesting.
    Man I can't picture you as Halle Berry! There isn't enough tequila in Mexico!
    gatorbait51 and baren like this.

VIP Member
    I'll never forget when DHEC (SC's arm of the EPA) showed up to a scheduled meeting with me in riot gear and carrying AR's. It was difficult keeping a straight face as we stood there discussing a possible environmental issue while they fumbled with their gear. I finally asked them who they were planning on engaging, and they did not see the humor in the question.
    CWOUSCG, Bad Bob, Patti and 7 others like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Perhaps a vicious pool of contaminated water? Better you than me. I would not have let that one go until they cuffed me or left.

I fall back on my previous post--Little Johnny DEA got one so...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links