USDA needs submachine guns!?!

This is a discussion on USDA needs submachine guns!?! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Apparently the USDA is looking for 40 cal submachine guns. Story below. Dept of Agriculture Orders Submachine Guns with 30 Round Magazines Too many Federal ...

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: USDA needs submachine guns!?!

USDA needs submachine guns!?!

Apparently the USDA is looking for 40 cal submachine guns.

Story below.

Dept of Agriculture Orders Submachine Guns with 30 Round Magazines

Too many Federal agencies with guns.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The EPA has militarized, why not everybody else?

It really freaks me out.

I'll admit, while I generally don't pay attention to "da gubment's out to get us" type stuff, stuff like that does baffle me. The United States Dept. of Agriculture needs to worry about the safety of our food, nothing else. Here's the USDA's mission statement:

To expand economic opportunity through innovation, helping rural America to thrive; to promote agriculture production sustainability that better nourishes Americans while also helping feed others throughout the world; and to preserve and conserve our Nation's natural resources through restored forests, improved watersheds, and healthy private working lands.

What part of that requires submachine guns?

Quote Originally Posted by herpjunkie View Post
    I'll admit, while I generally don't pay attention to "da gubment's out to get us" type stuff, stuff like that does baffle me. The United States Dept. of Agriculture needs to worry about the safety of our food, nothing else. Here's the USDA's mission statement:

To expand economic opportunity through innovation, helping rural America to thrive; to promote agriculture production sustainability that better nourishes Americans while also helping feed others throughout the world; and to preserve and conserve our Nation's natural resources through restored forests, improved watersheds, and healthy private working lands.

What part of that requires submachine guns?
    Mad farmers disease...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Uh nasty mutan aphids ?

or maybe ? Them.jpg

I am guessung like the EPA and others they have a militent police arm for some reason .. Though unlike the EPA or USPS I dont see who would would ext be taking a shot at them that warrants full auto 40 cals ..

Also not many compaines make 40cal so that should interesting to see what comes up .. Sig MPX maybe ?
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Ex Member
    I live in a State that gives crop prices, and futures, on the noon news, Indiana and have a lot of friends who farm. There is NO...NADA....NONE....reason they need sub guns. Most rural people, OK ALL rural people, are gun people but any issues would be handled by County, State, or Fed agencies. 'Not Corn Police.'

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    USDA does have a division known as APHIS Animal Plant Health inspection Services that does a lot of work with Firearms and also explosives. In that division there is a heavy use of Suppressed firearms. Explosives are used to remove beaver damns.

Deer culling in neighborhoods, pigeon population control near airports, or nutria population eradication. They also have gunships both fixed and rotary wing airframes, that chase down out of control coyote populations out west.

Not sure that justifies the need for submachine guns, but out of the all the agencies they actually might have a legitimate use other than what many are thinking.

BTW most of the guys doing this are not BLACK Pajama wearing folks. Most of them are PH's (Professional Hunters) or Biologists.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

First Social Security, then EPA, now USDA. What's next, US Dept of Housing and Urban Development? Dept of Education? If not already armed...

Someone will almost certainly be along shortly to tell us we should wear "tin foil"

Nothing to see hear - papers please

Some really believed that it can't happen here- it IS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Well everyone knows the talking cow's they found for the tv commercials are starting to drum up support for their cause. The USDA is probably worried they'll stir up trouble with all the other animals out there and cause a riot.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    USDA does have a division known as APHIS Animal Plant Health inspection Services that does a lot of work with Firearms and also explosives. In that division there is a heavy use of Suppressed firearms. Explosives are used to remove beaver damns.

Deer culling in neighborhoods, pigeon population control near airports, or nutria population eradication. They also have gunships both fixed and rotary wing airframes, that chase down out of control coyote populations out west.

Not sure that justifies the need for submachine guns, but out of the all the agencies they actually might have a legitimate use other than what many are thinking.

BTW most of the guys doing this are not BLACK Pajama wearing folks. Most of them are PH's (Professional Hunters) or Biologists.
    Good to know, would have never thought that, but it does make sense. I have a friend who was an assistant city engineer in a more rural county here in Alabama. He was telling me part of their duties required blowing beaver dams. I work in the private sector (more money, much more), but that's kind of a drawback to what I do compared to stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post

That does make sense but your right SMG are spary and pray guns not marksmen guns ... I mean I guess for wild pigs .....

But I could see the need for silenced rifles for urban pest control but not sure why full auto burp guns .... unless they are going with this idea 80dd38acd3857abb4bf833aa480d03.jpg
    Aceoky and tdave like this.
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

It does always amazing me how many Fed agency you would not think would have armed people and policing powers that do .... Strange times we live in
    Navydude likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Here might be some answers to this question about WHY the FDA needs fully-auto sub-guns: In my mind, the implications are quite alarming. These are all different posts//links.

SWAT Team Shaking Down the Family Dairy Farm - Jeff Carter - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

Swat Team conducts food raid in rural Ohio
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    That does make sense but your right SMG are spary and pray guns not marksmen guns ... I mean I guess for wild pigs .....

But I could see the need for silenced rifles for urban pest control but not sure why full auto burp guns .... unless they are going with this idea 80dd38acd3857abb4bf833aa480d03.jpg
    Actually that's a very possible good explanation right there! I did some work with them and they described how they did the coyote population control. Due to the number of Pigs and the out of control issues in somestates maybe that is exactly what they are doing. I know they use Benelli M4's for chasing down the coyotes. When your chasing a coyote you typically are chasing one or two. Therefore, a 12 gauge with a 8 shot tube makes sense. Your on a pig cull and want to get all of them, maybe you do want that full auto, and for that matter have it controllable and not worry about rounds going long distances. Could very well be the explanation.

APHIS folks are not isolated to any one state they do work at La Guardia airport, and do work in the fields of Nebraska protecting farmers from the pigeons that come out of the city and devastate farmers crops. These guys also shoot very long distances. I remember one guy from APHIS had an article in one of the magazines that he had to shoot a Fox up in Wisconsin at over 1000 yards. IIRC he used a 6.5x 284.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Links