Calls 911. No police allowed.

This is a discussion on Calls 911. No police allowed. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This guy has been in the news before. What a piece or art. And in my home town, too. Co-owner of restaurant tells 911 not ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Calls 911. No police allowed.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Calls 911. No police allowed.

This guy has been in the news before. What a piece or art. And in my home town, too.

Co-owner of restaurant tells 911 not to send police
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

The guy is an avowed Anarchist. He has been known to ask uniformed police officers not to patronize his shop In other words he is prejudiced. typical Goofball liberal. I do commend the Portland PD officers for not being overbearing, because i am sure this one was hoping for a confrontation.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quoting that great American Yosemite Sam, "You doggone idgit galoot!"

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    And he will be the first and loudest one complaining when he needs police protection and cant get it!

I mean there is NO chance that the BG are watching this thinking there is a place to hit and hit hard....too bad that he won't allow the police there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Hope nobody is harmed by his idiocy.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    This guy has been in the news before. What a piece or art. And in my home town, too.

Co-owner of restaurant tells 911 not to send police
    It's pajama boy..
    Aceoky, Kennydale, ntkb and 1 others like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

VIP Member
    Langley describes himself as a homeless advocate and anarchist. He has a history of not allowing police into the restaurant. He made headlines back in 2010 for asking an officer to leave after he bought a cup of coffee.
    I remember that being posted here back when it happened, if some criminal decides to rob him good luck.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Wow, and I thought we had some nutburgers in our neck of the woods.......

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    SOUTHEAST PORTLAND, Ore. - A business co-owner called 911 about a potentially deadly situation at a restaurant, and told the dispatcher not to send police.

... a man inside was suffering from a heroin overdose.

"We don't allow police in here so we can totally accommodate the fire department and other emergency personnel,” Langley told a 911 dispatcher, “Not police, though."

Pretty batty, actually. A potentially deadly, dangerous situation involving someone amped-up on who knows what, and he imagines that paramedics or other unarmed first-responders are going to be capable of dealing with what might occur? Perhaps he should have called the local veterinarian, instead, since at least he'd be armed with a tranquilizer rifle.

Plus, the addict was apparently outside on the public walkway. Who's he to say that police aren't allowed on the public sidewalk or road? What he will or won't allow isn't up to him, in such situations, actually.

Geez. Takes all sorts, I guess.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Not that I think the guy isnt over the top with this but a couple of angles being used against him here dont fly. If hes being robbed he like practically every other victim of such will be on his own until its long over. So robbery wise I dont think hes hurting himself in a practical sense.

I worked EMS for a while trying to get off the road as trucker and be home. We never had LE respond with us to over doses etc unless we requested them. We also worked several shootings getting the wounded loaded and out long before LE arrived. About the only time LE was present was if they were already at a scene and called for us, car wreck etc.

Cant see where LE would need to automatically respond to a heroin overdose unless requested by EMS themselves.

Like I said this guy is over the top, no doubt. But there are a lot of people that dont trust LE. Alot having been good reason not to.

Not serving a LEO a cup of coffee though is just stupid.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    The guy is an avowed Anarchist. He has been known to ask uniformed police officers not to patronize his shop In other words he is prejudiced. typical Goofball liberal. I do commend the Portland PD officers for not being overbearing, because i am sure this one was hoping for a confrontation.
    OK...explain to me how that is a liberal view.
    NONAME762 and OldVet like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

This same guy IIRC kicked LEO out of a coffee shop/cafe some years ago after the cop bought some coffee. Well on the one hand perhaps if American cops didn't keep the the US vs THEM attitude they wouldn't get this type of response from this business owner. Everyone here knows what I'm talking about. Us=the cops/LEO and them =us Joe Sixpack...civilians. Some cops feel all civilians are just criminals who haven't been caught yet/landed in jail to be fleeced by fines court costs jail time and the like.

Just one example is the typical OC stop from a 911 call and dispatch with a MWAG call. How many times have LE tried to make a mountain out of a citizen exercising his/her right to OC. Who remembers the 4 girls in the food court of a WM having lunch who were all 4 simply OCing pistols. One MWAG call turned into 6 LE showing up with AR15s making a show of force and it just went south (for the OC group) after that.

I am just looking at both sides here. If LEO doesn't like this perhaps they should police themselves and weed out the bullies with a gun and badge. Or just abide by the Constitution and BOR. We may not agree with the business partner but as we've all read about or seen countless stories of overzealous actions of responding officers it was just a matter of time before a citizen responded to police intervention in this manner.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    He was itching for a confrontation. Police used great restraint not giving him one. It would be great if he called police for his own emergency and they told him they weren't allowed to respond.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    He was itching for a confrontation. Police used great restraint not giving him one. It would be great if he called police for his own emergency and they told him they weren't allowed to respond.
    Again not siding with this guy but exactly where did LE show great restraint by not barging their way into a private business where they were not wanted or needed just to show they could??? Just because you tell LE no when you have every right to tell them no doesnt mean you are itching for a confrontation. Nor should you be forced into one.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links