Memorial Day Reminder

This is a discussion on Memorial Day Reminder within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I posted this to my Facebook account. Wanted to share it here as well: Today many of us will gather with family and friends for ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By archer51

Thread: Memorial Day Reminder

VIP Member

Memorial Day Reminder

I posted this to my Facebook account. Wanted to share it here as well:

Today many of us will gather with family and friends for picnic's and cook outs. Many will not even give thoughts to the real meaning of this day. It isn't about family and friends. It's not about the start of the summer season. Today is about the thousands and thousands of men and women who made the supreme sacrifice for this country. Some found their way to Arlington National Cemetery. Many are buried in other National Cemeteries. The majority lay in private cemeteries across this nation. Many lay interned in graves in Europe and Islands throughout the Pacific. Some rest in unmarked graves, long forgotten, in the jungles of Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Islands scattered through the Pacific. Many more were buried at sea, some by their brothers, others who went down with their ships.

As a veteran, but for the grace of God, I could be one of them. To me, they are all brothers. It doesn't matter if they gave their lives during WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Granada, or in the Middle East. The uniform and the love of our country made us brothers.

As you gather with family and friends today, stop. Take a few minutes to think about those who made the sacrifice. Say a prayer for them. Honor them as they deserve to be honored.
    Norm66, Aceoky, Kennydale and 3 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Links