A Determined, Ruthless Enemy

This is a discussion on A Determined, Ruthless Enemy within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Whether one believes the Taliban to be a terrorist group, freedom fighters or cold-blooded murderers, they are determined, and ruthless: Well-trained and armed, Taliban tried ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: A Determined, Ruthless Enemy

VIP Member

Whether one believes the Taliban to be a terrorist group, freedom fighters or cold-blooded murderers, they are determined, and ruthless:
    Well-trained and armed, Taliban tried to hijack plane in Pakistan
    Eagleks likes this.
    "There's something in me I can't describe. It's as if I saw a strange darkness before me, into which I must go."
    Viktor Woellert

They are surely cold-blooded murderers, but mostly, I think, religious fanatics. It's an old story, been happening since 600 AD.
    Pistology and Phaedrus like this.
    It isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

There is only one way to handle terrorist groups like the Taliban and the current administration doesn't have the cahunas to do it.

Just keep in mind it will be a temporary solution.

As sideKhar said these wack jobs have been around for a long time and aren't going anywhere. You'll never eliminate them completely, but you can exterminate them constantly.
    CLASS3NH, mook012, virg and 1 others like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Now, now. It wouldn't be politically correct to handle this the way it needs to be. You would have to become as dirty as them to even make a difference. But even that, fanatics just don't quit.
    Pistology likes this.

This action purely shows that the Terrorists view the United States, as worthless and weak.. I'm sure this latest action was in response to the prisoner swap that happened last week. It's the type of "In You Face, and there's nothing you're gonna do about it" attitude the terrorists have. The current Administration won't do a thing, and will never have the testecular fortitude in order to take care of the problem.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator
    They're no different than cockroaches.

You can stomp em until you drop and they still keep coming.

Our muslim President is laughing his tail off at the fact that the American people are letting him do as he pleases and he continues to get away with it. We traded a worthless muslim for 5 high profile killers with an agenda. Why should they view America as anything but weak?
    RichB70, Ghost1958, virg and 1 others like this.
    I want to have a job where the is no accountability,a job where I can do as I dang well please and make my own laws and act like a KING. I want to be on the Supreme Court.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Why is anyone surprised is beyond me. In an inteview last week said "My government"!!

It's one of the reasons for the crusades hundreds of years ago.

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Fanaticism and terrorism have been practiced by Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus and assorted other religions for about as long as there has been religion, sometimes between religions and also sometimes within the religions. And as long as there is religion it will continue.
    Norm66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    There is only one way to handle terrorist groups like the Taliban and the current administration doesn't have the cahunas to do it.

He has enough "cahunas" running around, but does he have the "cojones"?
    BurgerBoy and Norm66 like this.

Distinguished Member Array CanuckQue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post

Just keep in mind it will be a temporary solution.
    If all solutions are imperfect, then the goal should be to enact the cheapest imperfect solution. Each solution burns a ratio of innocent lives to guilty lives, and burns a ratio of national resources (taxes or lives) in exchange for foreign resources (funds or lives). And, again, these resources are destroyed at a ratio of 'innocent to guilty'. It all needs to be balanced.

Remember, all solutions are temporary. After that, it's just costs "us vs. others" and "us vs. them". And then, there are people who're willing to loosen the difference between "others" and "them", especially when it comes to the cost in 'us'.
    Statistically, dementia is one of the greatest defeatable threats to my loved ones. The solution is to fund charities that hunt for a cure. This will also reduces the total amount of family that has to go through it. I'm basically racing against odds.

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Fanaticism and terrorism have been practiced by Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus and assorted other religions for about as long as there has been religion, sometimes between religions and also sometimes within the religions. And as long as there is religion it will continue.
    I don't agree. Yes, there are some people who use religion as a justification for earthly politics and all manner of evil, but an examination of the texts doesn't bear out that all religions are equally warlike or the same. Some are definitely easier to pervert than others, and some start out perverted.
    HotGuns and Ghost1958 like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    If all solutions are imperfect, then the goal should be to enact the cheapest imperfect solution. Each solution burns a ratio of innocent lives to guilty lives, and burns a ratio of national resources (taxes or lives) in exchange for foreign resources (funds or lives). And, again, these resources are destroyed at a ratio of 'innocent to guilty'. It all needs to be balanced.

Remember, all solutions are temporary. After that, it's just costs "us vs. others" and "us vs. them". And then, there are people who're willing to loosen the difference between "others" and "them", especially when it comes to the cost in 'us'.
    Oddly...I agree with that! I think that many "fighters" in Afghanistan and Iraq were simply fighting us because we were there. Would you expect any different if an occupying Muslim Army invaded the Ozarks? Don't pretend we aren't fighting illiterate and uneducated hillbillies. Such types of young men make up the bulk of the forces arrayed against us, and the more esoteric and erudite you get in explaining it the further from the mark you get.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array CanuckQue's Avatar
    It's not that odd, you and I would agree on 99% of our premises (and thus only argue about the 1%). All of our instincts push us into confusing the 'them' for the 'other'. It requires a concerted effort to fight that instinct. And, inevitably, we tend to value those 'near' over those 'far'. It's the same metric animals use. It's a powerful set of instincts. Those who try to understand the objective morality might be able to see past it in theory, and still struggle with it instinctively. This is only human.
    Statistically, dementia is one of the greatest defeatable threats to my loved ones. The solution is to fund charities that hunt for a cure. This will also reduces the total amount of family that has to go through it. I'm basically racing against odds.

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I don't agree. Yes, there are some people who use religion as a justification for earthly politics and all manner of evil, but an examination of the texts doesn't bear out that all religions are equally warlike or the same. Some are definitely easier to pervert than others, and some start out perverted.
    Didn't say they were equally warlike, I said that fanaticism and terrorism have been practiced by pretty much all of htem. But yes, when it comes to fnatacism and terrorism throughout history it is hard to find any religion that has been worse than Christianity. But that is due in large part to the large numbers of Christian nations with a technological advantage over other countries, IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links