Dom Rasso for NRA News

Dom Rasso for NRA News

This is a discussion on Dom Rasso for NRA News within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA News | Commentators Ep. 65: ?Military & Law Enforcement? With Dom Raso The Case for the new militarized police personally i still like the ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Kennydale
  • 1 Post By Sgt45
  • 2 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By TRX

Thread: Dom Rasso for NRA News

Dom Rasso for NRA News

NRA News | Commentators Ep. 65: ?Military & Law Enforcement? With Dom Raso

The Case for the new militarized police

personally i still like the Adam-12 version

timthumb.jpg
    OldVet likes this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Sorry, but as a former LEO, I can't agree with him on this.
    Aceoky likes this.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

VIP Member
    Anyone who would disagree is not seeing the forest for the trees.

The third largest federal agency behind the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense, the DHS—with its 240,000 full-time workers, $61 billion budget and sub-agencies that include the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency

And with that information, some would say No?

Pull thy head outeth the sand.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

When there are so many suddenly very armed agencies that not so long ago were not armed - never forget from the beginning of this great Nation - we were warned about "this standing army" - for good reason(s) IMHO While "some agencies" certainly need to be armed many simply do not they managed quite well using other Federal , Local and State LEO so that is not "even a guess"

I smell fish and manure
    Last edited by Aceoky; June 17th, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Head in the sand? Really?

When there are so many suddenly very armed agencies that not so long ago were not armed - never forget from the beginning of this great Nation - we were warned about "this standing army" - for good reason(s) IMHO While "some agencies" certainly need to be armed many simply do not they managed quite well using other Federal , Local and State LEO so that is not "even a guess"

I smell fish and manure

Please re-read my post.^^^^^^^^

I am in your corner on this one, as with most others of yours.

There can be no doubt that the feds combined many 3-letters to have better control and manipulate the general masses, all under the guise of streamlining/cost saving measures and getting them all on the same page.

Sure, they do want them all on the same page, but for a very diabolical reason.

IMHO, the people who do not believe this are the ones with their cranium in the hole in the ground.
    Aceoky and ccw9mm like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

My mistake I read the "Anyone who would disagree is not seeing the forest for the trees." in another way altogether my apologies sir - I disagree with the video folk's constant use of "paranoia" and how they seem to project they NEED to do this "daily"

I did edit that part out btw
    oneshot likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

TRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    The third largest federal agency behind the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense, the DHS—with its 240,000 full-time workers, $61 billion budget and sub-agencies that include the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency
    Everyone has heard of the Gestapo, but few realize it was absorbed by an even bigger organization - the RSHA, which included the Secret State Police, ordinary police, Criminal Police (detectives, basically) SS Intelligence Service, military police, customs inspectors, postal inspectors, immigration control officials, concentration camp officials and guards, coast guard, and several other agencies, plus their own army units.

The RSHA quickly became so huge and complex, that it basically operated as an independent entity alongside the Party and civil government, with so many senior officials that nobody was really in control.

Somehow, I keep getting this vague sense of familiarity when I read each new story of the DHS exercising its powers...
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt45 View Post
    Sorry, but as a former LEO, I can't agree with him on this.
    I agree and so would most NON-SWAT cops. i my experience the Militarization of Police is mostly SWAT. Swat guys love to dress up in BDUs have all the other military gear and weapons and train. Most I my old department lost interest in being "just" a cop, it was swat or nothing and unfortunately Swat gets on the news.

You can be ready to fight respond to and fight terrorism without looking like your headed for Afghanistan!
    Last edited by azretired; June 18th, 2014 at 03:33 AM. Reason: add text
    Livin the Life!
    Join and Support the NRA

Links