Iraq is already down for the count

This is a discussion on Iraq is already down for the count within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The over one million man Iraqi army, trained at the cost of untold billions and also scores of American lives has been overrun by ISIS ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By WannabeaCPA
  • 1 Post By Chuck808
  • 2 Post By suntzu
  • 5 Post By rstickle

Thread: Iraq is already down for the count

The over one million man Iraqi army, trained at the cost of untold billions and also scores of American lives has been overrun by ISIS in Toyota pickup trucks. Fallujah has fallen and now Mosul the second largest city is under their control. Reports of extremely large amounts of cash and weapons abandoned by the Army is now under ISIS control. Baghdad is their next target and ISISSY says they're ready to fight the Americans, too.

I just saw this plea for help, if you will, from what claims to be an American that's part of a group in Balad preparing for the F-16's we're sending Iraq:

Balad Iraq US contractors trapped - CNN iReport

"I am writing from ballad Iraq as a employee of sallyport, ksillc..there are approx 500 US citizens on balad air base north of Baghdad trapped..we are part of a little known F16 iraq support mission here...The company has reportedly for the last 3 days to fly us out, we are now all herded into a central location on base..and being told nothing..The clint lockheed martin, DoS and most women have already been evacuated days ago but we are all still here. I hope this message is received by someone that can break this as headline news to bring attention to the situation for us..we are all worried and in dire straight as last security Intel reports Isis elements around us"

I've seen some unconfirmed posts stating they've recently been in hostile contact with ISIS elements and/or ISIS was there telling people on base directly to leave, or die. Embassy personnel are being told to stay put to not cause political issues. Also seeing reports of Iran sending elite Rev troops to help hold Baghdad etc.

Very disturbing to say the least.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    It's sad that we've bled and died there all for nothing.
    wishyouwell likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Win the war, lose the peace.

"If someone gets into your house which would you rather have, a handgun or a phone? You can call the police if you want, and they’ll get there; and they’ll take a picture of your dead body."

Unfortunately it's all been for nothing. The best route of action is to let Iraq solve it's own problems. Clearly our presence and work there hasn't been for anything. I just hope that no more of our people die there, and give me best wishes to the millions of innocent Iraqi people who have lost and will lose their lives due to people taking religion seriously.
    Dabster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    It's sad that we've bled and died there all for nothing.
    And why would anyone think it would have turned out any different? It was a stupid move to begin with to in and nvade when they were not a threat to anyone. Even if they had WMD's they had no delivery system nor any delivery system that would have been designed in the future.
    Arejay and 2nd_is_1st like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

According to this report the Iraqi Air Force came to the aid of most of the contractors with 100 still left waiting: Iraqi Air Force evacuating besieged U.S. contractors

The attacking ISIS forces approached the base in trucks Wednesday and called through loudspeakers for all private security forces and Iraqi special military to leave immediately or die.

The U.S. private contractors in touch with WND reported that after hearing the broadcast, the private security forces and the Iraqi military defending the base dropped their weapons and ran.

The American contractors collected the weapons left behind and were able to hold off further immediate advances. The sources contended the U.S. military could provide the necessary air cover to protect C-130s or other air transport craft sufficient to make the evacuation, but so far officials had refused to get involved.

No true gain and a lot of pain.

Lead Moderator
    Thread going political so it's being closed. The problem won't be solved on this venue anyhow and there will be plenty of blame to go around, just NOT here!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Sponsored Links