Opinion - DHS America's New Standing Army

This is a discussion on Opinion - DHS America's New Standing Army within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Interesting Opinion, butt of course everyone has an opinion? WHITEHEAD: Has the Dept. of Homeland Security become America?s standing army? - Your Houston News: Opinion...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: Opinion - DHS America's New Standing Army

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Opinion - DHS America's New Standing Army

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I would concur 100%

Most people cannot see the wolves in sheep's clothing at the present time, including the wolves.

As in, those who are employed as DHS workers do not know that that is what they are assembled for just yet.

But it shouldn't take a Philadelphia lawyer to figure this out.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    LEO's deserve our respect, our support and our prayers; but no good comes from building an out-of-control federal agency that is detached from the general population.

Of course we need to coordinate efforts amongst our various LE agencies. But we do not need to do so at such a level and at such a cost.

I have said for some time now this Is the "Standing Army" the founders warned us all about so long ago. I really don't see how there can be any doubt about that
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Well, he's selling his book.

Is it all truth? hmmm... No exaggeration, no distortion? From some viewpoints, perhaps...

But, the purpose of the opinion piece is to sell a few more books. Probably successful.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Administrator
    When and if push ever comes to shove sadly approximately 65% of any standing army will probably do as they are told no matter if it is lawful, just, or not.

Search The Milgram Experiment

and that was 65% without any prior "conditioning" or group think "us VS them" team player mentality.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Of course we need to coordinate efforts amongst our various LE agencies

The sad part is, when normal citizens do this (with our own money).... they/we get labeled:

- gun nuts
    - militia
    - anti-government forces

When local/state/federal agencies do this (with our money) it's labeled as 'security for the homeland'.
    Aceoky, oneshot, RickyD and 9 others like this.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Well he used all the buzz words and catch phrases. He cherry picks the numbers and of course perpetuates myths that have been proven to be false.
    Oh yeah and he fails to mention little things like the police departments acquiring bomb robots, armored vehicles, and patrol rifles was started based on a 1996 study that was conducted and published years before DHS even existed.

But other than that........ I remember when if you wanted to read this quality of stuff you had to look to the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

WE as heavily armed and trained citizens are the true standing army.
    dV8r, Ghost1958, Whip12 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    WE as heavily armed and trained citizens are the true standing army.
    +1

However I'm afraid that DHS is a National Police Force with WAY TOO MUCH power.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Well he used all the buzz words and catch phrases. He cherry picks the numbers and of course perpetuates myths that have been proven to be false.
    Oh yeah and he fails to mention little things like the police departments acquiring bomb robots, armored vehicles, and patrol rifles was started based on a 1996 study that was conducted and published years before DHS even existed.

But other than that........ I remember when if you wanted to read this quality of stuff you had to look to the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News.
    This. While I like the internet it has certainly led to an increase in nebulous conspiracy therories, bizzare claims and assorted other nonsense in the general public eye. This seems to be more of the same. IMO the really sad part is how many people fall for it.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"

Why do I get the feeling that you don't think there is a "smidgeon" of corruption in the IRS, or any other alphabet agency?

What is the purpose of government?

As I've often said, it's not the radical leftists, who think our Constitution is full of "negative rights" and want this to be a communist country, who are dangerous. It is the law and order types who will do whatever they are told and don't believe it's their duty to think about it who are far, far more dangerous. The leftists have no sand. They have no courage of their convictions. They have opinions, but they're just justifications to pretend that their definition of happiness is the only rational one there is. They only care about how they feel about themselves. The law and order types won't (and haven't) hesitate to commit any atrocity if they're told its necessary and for god and country.

Both are ends justify the means types of philosophies, and neither bear any resemblance to the principals upon which this nation was founded.
    Aceoky, oneshot, RickyD and 8 others like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    As always, there will be some, who fail to see the forest for the trees.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, and until such time it flies like a duck some will just sit and speculate as to what it is.

Those who see it as a duck just get labeled for a future cattle car round-up.

'This is the truth I tell you:
    of all things freedom’s most fine.
    Never submit to live, my son,
    in the bonds of slavery entwined.’
    William Wallace - His Uncle’s proverb,
    from Bower’s Scotichronicon c.1440’s

" Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act. " George Orwell

"all of those tomorrow's are built on increments of today, if you don't go forth today and do something , you are contributing to this absolute disaster, YOUR LIBERTIES ARE LEAVING YOU NOW" Dan Bongino

Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
    Harry S Truman:

"America, my friends, is the only country in the world
    actually founded on liberty -- the only one.
    People went to America to be free. "Margaret Thatcher

That last quote says it all.

Does anyone still agree with what she said so many years ago?

Why does the Federal government need to know the whats whens and hows of every purchase I make, where it happened and so on.
    It has become so ever increasingly intrusive over the last few years.

Our liberties freedoms and a way of life that was inherently sacred and about as sovereign as a countries citizens could enjoy have been whittled away throughout the years, and they are going away at freight train fast speed the last few decades, with the advancements in technology.
    And some still say its not happening?
    WOW!
    Aceoky, Jaeger, RickyD and 9 others like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    When and if push ever comes to shove sadly approximately 65% of any standing army will probably do as they are told no matter if it is lawful, just, or not.

Search The Milgram Experiment

and that was 65% without any prior "conditioning" or group think "us VS them" team player mentality.
    Very possibly true. The percentage may be off but not sure how much. It was always a worry that the government would try to use the army against the people. But some would revolt because they would not fire on their countrymen. Now you have a battle inside the attackers and it would be complete chaos.

Same would hold true with the DHS where some would fight and others revolt. You talk about civil war. Boy, it would happen then.

Good thing I don't have any guns so they will leave me alone. Ya hear that NSA. No guns here, move along, nothing to see here.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Me too. Mine all burned up or sank...all the ammo too!
    Navydude, Aceoky and BenGoodLuck like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Links