Fairchild Air Force Base Shootings Were 20 Years Ago This Friday

This is a discussion on Fairchild Air Force Base Shootings Were 20 Years Ago This Friday within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is a site that Andy Brown set up: Fairchild Air Force Base Hospital Shooting - In memory of: A recent article: In one week ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Wunderneun
  • 2 Post By ANGLICO
  • 1 Post By Nmuskier

Thread: Fairchild Air Force Base Shootings Were 20 Years Ago This Friday

VIP Member

Fairchild Air Force Base Shootings Were 20 Years Ago This Friday

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I had retired from Fairchild a couple years before this happened. Always had and always will be crazies.

With reference to the stated B-52 crash, while I was there (Previous to the Buff Crash) a KC-125A and A B-52 were practicing "air show" maneuvers and the tanker crashed, barely missing personnel on the flightline and Ops building, killing six. I was about 100 yards away from the impact site. Seems Folks at FAFB have a hard time remembering history.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I read about that accident when it happened. I guess the AC had never experienced an accelerated stall leading to a spin in a B-52. Though it wasn't much of a spin that close the to ground. That was entirely needless and irresponsible on the part of the pilot.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Regardless, God Speed to all the Soals!

Semper Fi,

Remember, Life or Death can be measured in inches or a couple of Knots of Speed.......................... or feet/meters of altitude.
    msgt/ret and Kutz like this.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Mike,

Thank you for remembering those lost, and recognizing Sgt Brown (in the other thread).
    Mike1956 likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    I read about that accident when it happened. I guess the AC had never experienced an accelerated stall leading to a spin in a B-52. Though it wasn't much of a spin that close the to ground. That was entirely needless and irresponsible on the part of the pilot.
    I think the bigger part of the issue is that model of B-52 (Hs) does not have ailerons, only spoilers. Instead of raising or lowering a wing like ailerons, spoilers only kill the lift and let gravity take over. When you roll past a certain point, the spoilers lose effectiveness and a stall is inevitable.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Mike
    Thank you for remembering these souls, who lost their lives this week. Defending Freedom, yet even with the feeling of being safe on a Military Base, Evil still lurks everywhere.
    As a Father of 2 USAF Aviators, the crash of the B-52 reminds us all that taking too many risks, ends up in tragedy
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

A buddy of mine survived that shooting.

He retreated out of the hospital and hid near the road and saw the shooter taken down.

He's still upset about the incident to this day, as he lost some of his co-workers...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Links