Aljazeera Doesn't Like the NRA

This is a discussion on Aljazeera Doesn't Like the NRA within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They know what we are thinking better than the NRA does: Hunters: Gun rights have nothing to do with hunting | Al Jazeera America...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Aljazeera Doesn't Like the NRA

VIP Member

They know what we are thinking better than the NRA does:

Hunters: Gun rights have nothing to do with hunting | Al Jazeera America
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    They know what we are thinking better than the NRA does:

Hunters: Gun rights have nothing to do with hunting | Al Jazeera America
    More whining from the duck hunters ...
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Frankly Scarlet... I dont give a DAMN what AlJaZera dont like.

VIP Member
    I maybe should have put this in off topic and humor, where I could have sought links between anti-gun Aljazeera and anti-gun Bloomberg, Hillary, Obama and the rest.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    I find it somewhat disingenuous that a 'media outlet' owned by a foreign government that subscribes to Sharia Law as dictated by a totalitarian king can really be impartial about anything.

The fact that they are against the NRA should make every american go out a write a check to the NRA right now!

I love the Strawman argument. Since some hunters like gun control, they all must, and since there are 3x more hunters than NRA members, hunters need to make a group that represents their interests (which are magazine limits and assault weapons bans)...

Bad reporting... But what do you expect from such an organization
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

“I would say on the record they are absolutely not working for the interests of hunters,” says Ross Lane, an Air Force veteran and director of the conservation group Western Values Project.
    Ok? I never realized that the NRA was formed to work on hunting laws.

It IS ALL ABOUT hunting. I've been hunting for my RIGHT to DEFEND myself & my family for decades. The NRA most closely aligns with me on this l-o-n-g safari. As for AZTV picking sides, it would concern me MORE if they took a STRONG pro 2nd stance. I would then have to wonder what underhanded, sneaky, sub-agenda their "handlers" were up to now?!?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I have a very liberal friend (Female) who believes Hunters should be the only ones with limited RIGHTS. In other words every hunting season they pay a fee and get their firearms out of storage. They can only be used FOR HUNTING. and at the end of hunting season they go back into a Government controlled storage. There will be no PERSONAL ownership of guns. Just the ability to use them accordingly. (I Kid You Not this is what she wrote to me, then deleted me as a Facebook friend). I am sure there are some hunters out there who might buy into this, but i would hope they see that 2nd amendment covers all aspects of personal gun ownership and is worth protecting.
    gatorbait51 and Jeanlouise like this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    I have a very liberal friend (Female) who believes Hunters should be the only ones with limited RIGHTS. In other words every hunting season they pay a fee and get their firearms out of storage. They can only be used FOR HUNTING. and at the end of hunting season they go back into a Government controlled storage. There will be no PERSONAL ownership of guns. Just the ability to use them accordingly. (I Kid You Not this is what she wrote to me, then deleted me as a Facebook friend). I am sure there are some hunters out there who might buy into this, but i would hope they see that 2nd amendment covers all aspects of personal gun ownership and is worth protecting.
    with friends like that, ..................................
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

I have some very liberal friends as well. When their positions align with Al Jazzera, it comes as NO SURPRISE. The issue then becomes a simple question. Where & when have your radical ideas actually...WORKED? If they can't give me an answer? Checkmate!
    Aceoky, airslot, 84160 and 1 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

If Al Jazeera doesn't like the NRA it should go back to Saudi where they don't have one!

I have to agree when you live in a Seventh Century society that has a penchant for CUTTING OFF HEADS because they don't like what you believe in, And then they are going to tell us that we shouldn't have guns (Meanwhile in that part of the world , the AK47 is a rite of MANHOOD) Can we say COME AND TAKE, to them too.

Ooorah !
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

1: Right below the headline is this"
    Some hunters say they are disillusioned with the NRA, an organization purporting to represent them
    That is a true statment

2: I know a ton of hunters that would agree with the article and sentiments of the hunters "interviewed" for the article.

3: This Qoute:
    The number of people who went hunting in 2011 was 13.7 million at last count, more than three times the NRA's stated membership. If hunters want better representation in Washington, D.C., including on issues like gun control and access to land, more must feel confident enough to speak up.
    That can be true. As stated previously, many hunters do not agree 100 percent on NRA stances on gun issues.

BTW: Many of us here disgree with each other on issues like OC, background checks, should felons be allowed to have 2A rights restored, CHP/CCW liscenses, manfatory training to CC....
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

What about this article from Al Jazeera..doesn't sound anti gun to me....pretty balanced
    Wild, Wild Midwest: A rash of 'justified homicides' in Detroit | Al Jazeera America
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links