Baltimore Cop Slashes Dog's Throat......

This is a discussion on Baltimore Cop Slashes Dog's Throat...... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sounds like someone snapped and may not be right for law enforcement anymore. The Baltimore PD is doing a good job of handling this incident ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Baltimore Cop Slashes Dog's Throat......

Sounds like someone snapped and may not be right for law enforcement anymore.

The Baltimore PD is doing a good job of handling this incident in the right manner.

Baltimore police officer slashed dog's throat, authorities say - CNN.com

OldVet and Bigsteve113 like this.
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

VIP Member
    Thats up our way , 1/2 hr away or so . Cop had i think 21 years on the force wonder how many other bad calls this guy did ????
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Even putting down a dog requires a certain level of due process.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'm surprised this wasn't covered up somehow. What a shame for the owner.
    I saw an officer following a dog with a shotgun while taking shots at it. The dog was walking, the cop was walking about 20 ft behind... right across a main road. He was not getting good hits, but I'll bet the dog had been hit once to only be walking ahead of the officer and not running. Sad to say, but the knife was probably more humane than if he had felt like taking pot shots.

VIP Member
    Another officer who held the dog has been suspended and is under investigation.

Sick

Duuuude ***. I don't think I could hold back on anybody doing that to my dog.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I read about this earlier, sickening. I appreciate the good cops out there, but I despise the one's that should not wear a uniform. Every profession has a degree of freaks and weirdo's, but people that abuse their power should be held to a very harsh standard of punishment when they go rouge.
    NONAME762 and USM1976 like this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Distinguished Member
    I read this this morning and I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Both sides of the story aren't told. But this looks pretty weird.......the story had better be good. Dispatching with a sidearm might have been less of a magnet.
    Grantspastor likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

It's hard for me to imagine any circumstance where this makes any kind of sense. Some kind of personal meltdown, I guess?
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    From the sounds of it, the woman who was nipped ("superficial wound to the hand") may have done what you shouldn't do to strange dogs...try to pet it. In any case, it is outrageous how the dog died.
    DixieBelle likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    The dog was restrained so why put it down?

Quote Originally Posted by Addictedhealer View Post
    Duuuude ***. I don't think I could hold back on anybody doing that to my dog.
    In South Carolina you can shoot an animal that is threatening or endangering your family.

He's an animal and if that were my dog, he'd definitely be threatening my family.
    StripesDude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    From the sounds of it, the woman who was nipped ("superficial wound to the hand") may have done what you shouldn't do to strange dogs...try to pet it. In any case, it is outrageous how the dog died.
    Whenever I read about adults getting bitten, I wonder what THEY may have been doing that provoked the incident.

I think the same thing with kids sometimes, but I don't blame the kid for that - I blame the parent who didn't teach the child how you deal with strange dogs (or any dog, for that matter).

This, of course, always depends on the circumstances. Some dogs are as looney tunes as some humans are, but, like people, I would imagine those numbers aren't quite as large as the media would have us believe.

A superficial wound hardly calls for a cull. It calls for that woman to not be that danged stupid.
    NONAME762 and StripesDude like this.

The cop that killed the dog

Distinguished Member
    It's good to hear that other cops are actually coming out and talking bad about what was done. I hope this guy gets what's coming to him.
    DixieBelle likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links