Call 911, forced to hang up, call back and get put on hold

This is a discussion on Call 911, forced to hang up, call back and get put on hold within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So here around Tulsa, 911 hasn't been doing so hot recently due to budget constraints. Frustrations Grow As Delays In Tulsa 911 System Worsen - ...

Thread: Call 911, forced to hang up, call back and get put on hold

Call 911, forced to hang up, call back and get put on hold

So here around Tulsa, 911 hasn't been doing so hot recently due to budget constraints.

Frustrations Grow As Delays In Tulsa 911 System Worsen - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

"He's standing there with a mask, all you could see was his eyes and he handed me an envelope that had the note written on it," she said.

The note said he didn't want to hurt anyone, but that he wanted cash and gold.

One of the other women led him to another room to get him cash and Whitley called 911.

"I was calling 911 and it took forever," Whitley said. "I thought I was calling police, but you have to actually be transferred to the actual police department and from there, I was on hold. And, if he wanted to do something, it would've already been done."

He saw her and made her hang up. She says 911 dispatch called back, but she couldn't answer. After he left, she called again.

"Before I even told the story, I was put on hold," she said.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

And now there's a serial rapist in Mid Town. Another reason why I don't live in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuffman View Post
    And now there's a serial rapist in Mid Town. Another reason why I don't live in Tulsa.
    Because serial rapists only live here?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Links