A childhood friend of mine in Afghanistan

This is a discussion on A childhood friend of mine in Afghanistan within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please take a moment to read the following article and to include my friend in your prayers so that he may come home safely to ...

Thread: A childhood friend of mine in Afghanistan

A childhood friend of mine in Afghanistan

Please take a moment to read the following article and to include my friend in your prayers so that he may come home safely to his wife and children.

http://www.register-mail.com/stories...1R10.GID.shtml

Major Mark Lear was my best friend growing up in a small town in Illinois. We were Eagle Scouts together in the same Scout Troop and were as near to being brothers as two people can be.

Thanks,

Ron
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Having spent a good deal of time in A-stan myself, I certainly will keep MAJ Lear in my thoughts. Do you know what region he is serving in? I may still have some contacts there...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

OPFOR,

Lear is in the 205th Regional Corps Assistance Command in Kandahar.

Know anyone there?
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

I'm over here Kandahar Air Field (USAF Security Forces) but I am not sure I have run into a Major Lear. I think I know where you are talking about if I am right he is near by.

MPA249,

I realize that the chances of you running into him are pretty slim but if you do tell him that his childhood friend Ron says hello and stay safe. :)

Links