OIS near my neck of the woods early this AM

This is a discussion on OIS near my neck of the woods early this AM within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; EDIT: DANGIT! BADEY beat me to the punch apparently in the Home and away discussion... Sorry mods. I duped. Short of it - Teenage daughter ...

Thread: OIS near my neck of the woods early this AM

OIS near my neck of the woods early this AM

EDIT: DANGIT! BADEY beat me to the punch apparently in the Home and away discussion... Sorry mods. I duped.

Short of it - Teenage daughter sneaks out. Dad hears her sneaking back in and thinking it's an intruder coming in through the garage door at 3am fires... Daughter survived.

Va. deputy mistakenly shoots daughter, crashes car

August 15, 2014
    Va. deputy mistakenly shoots daughter, crashes car
    Deputy sheriff shot his 16-year-old daughter after mistaking her for an intruder, then crashed his car as he rushed her to the hospital

Associated Press
    snippet:
    Capt. Donnie Lang of the Frederick County Sheriff's Office said a security alarm sounded at about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Winchester home of Easton McDonald, a sergeant with the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office. He said McDonald, responding to the alarm, saw the dark shape of a person advancing through the garage door and fired.

"He figured someone had broken into the garage, and his family was upstairs asleep," Lang said.

Armed with his privately owned gun — not his service weapon — McDonald fired, Lang said.

"Then he hears her voice and recognizes that it's his daughter," he said.
    Last edited by packinnova; August 15th, 2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: ugh...dupe
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Links