Please take Action on this!!!

This is a discussion on Please take Action on this!!! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Right-to-March Against Mr Eason This CONSERVATIVE ALERT is a special message for APachon from RightMarch.com: ALERT: Once again, our military is under attack... from the ...

Thread: Please take Action on this!!!

Please take Action on this!!!

Right-to-March Against Mr Eason

This CONSERVATIVE ALERT is a special message for APachon from RightMarch.com:

ALERT: Once again, our military is under attack... from the media.

This time, it's coming from a familiar source: Eason Jordan, CNN's Chief News Executive.

You might remember Eason Jordan. In 2002, during a discussion session at a Broadcast Media Conference, Eason reportedly accused the Israeli military of deliberately targeting CNN personnel "on numerous occasions," leading to the death of one. In 2003, in a NY times article, Eason admitted to covering up Saddam Hussein's tortures and atrocities to keep a CNN office in Baghdad and protect his employees. Eason held onto this information in the run up to the war in Iraq. In 2004, during a discussion forum on the safety of reporters in Iraq, Eason made the allegation that some reporters were being tortured and wrongly imprisoned.

And now, on January 27, 2005, Eason repeatedly asserted that American military personnel had deliberately targeted and killed journalists in Iraq.

You read that right. The CHIEF NEWS EXECUTIVE of the largest cable news network in the world accused our men and women in uniform of DELIBERATELY killing reporters in Iraq!

As reported by blogger Rony Abovitz (who was THERE), "At a discussion moderated by David R. Gergen, the Director for Public Leadership, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, the concept of truth, fairness, and balance in the news was weighed against corporate profit interest, the need for ratings, and how the media can affect democracy. The panel included Richard Sambrook, the worldwide director of BBC radio, U.S. Congressman Barney Frank, Abdullah Abdullah, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan, and Eason Jordan, Chief News Executive of CNN. The audience was a mix of journalists, WEF attendees (many from Arab countries), and a US Senator from Connecticut, Chris Dodd."

Abovitz continues, "During one of the discussions about the number of journalists killed in the Iraq War, Eason Jordan asserted that he knew of 12 journalists who had not only been killed by US troops in Iraq, but they had in fact been targeted. He repeated the assertion a few times, which seemed to win favor in parts of the audience (the anti-US crowd) and cause great strain on others."

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. Despite his attempts to "backpedal" and CNN's attempts to cover it up and claim his remarks were "taken out of context," there were numerous witnesses to Eason Jordan's statement who have affirmed what he said. In fact, the session itself was videotaped... but now, lo and behold, the conference organizers (with CNN's support) are trying to claim that the session was "off the record" so they don't want to release the tape.

That tape -- or at least a transcript of it -- MUST be released. And if Eason Jordan really DID make those statements, then if he doesn't provide PROOF of his outrageous claims -- CNN needs to FIRE his sorry hide. NOW.

TAKE ACTION: As Bill Roggio of the newly-created "Easongate.com" stated, "These are serious charges that should not have been made without supporting evidence, which he did not provide. American servicemen and women are risking their lives daily and it is wholly inappropriate for a man of his stature and influence to make baseless claims in front of an international audience. As an experienced journalist, he fully understands the impact of his words and the effects on his audience."

Eason Jordan has a long history of demeaning the US military and accusing them of targeting journalists. As patriotic Americans, we have the right to feel personally insulted. CLICK BELOW to demand that CNN either release the videotape and a transcript of Mr. Jordan's comments at the Davos conference, so that we can judge for ourselves what he said and what he meant -- or else FIRE Eason Jordan:

http://www.rightmarch.com/021105a.htm

NOTE: Be sure to send this Alert to EVERYONE you know who wants to DEMAND that CNN's Chief News Executive either prove his outrageous charges against our soldiers, or be FIRED. Thank you!
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

2. Remove Ads

Please spread the word.

~Andy
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

DC Founder
    I heard about this on the radio yesterday. I won't rant because I am trying to take it easy for the weekend, but it might be a good idea to start writing some of these outfits and telling them just what you think about some of the people they have working for them and that you won't be watching anymore. I did that on Dan Rather, I wrote every sponsor for CBS news and told them I wouldn't be buying their products as long as they were sticking by him. I got some canned email messages back from which indicated to me that they were getting enough complaints to create a canned message.....

To you, Mr Eason Jordon
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

i got my copy of the said email today too

Thanks Guys. I think so low of a person that goes after our troops. It enrages me.

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Cool

Ah yes...many of us have served to protect the rights of Free Speech and Free Press....it's a shame that we must endure the irresponsible bozos that exploit that freedom to the ends. One thing journalists can do to lessen any "accidental" shootings is to quit wearing shabby clothes, rags on their heads, and hoisting a can up on their shoulders.....makes em look like BGs with RPGs !!

And they wonder why we soldier's never want the press around us but away from us.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by APachon
    Right-to-March Against Mr Eason
    And now, on January 27, 2005, Eason repeatedly asserted that American military personnel had deliberately targeted and killed journalists in Iraq.
    I read this and think that when I was in, there were quite a few "Newsies" that I would have liked to target....... And they were ours!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links