Rioting in New Hampshire at a Pumpkin Festival.

This is a discussion on Rioting in New Hampshire at a Pumpkin Festival. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival crowd turns unruly - CNN.com CNN) -- Tear gas and pepper spray hung in the air as police in riot gear ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Rioting in New Hampshire at a Pumpkin Festival.

New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival crowd turns unruly - CNN.com

CNN) -- Tear gas and pepper spray hung in the air as police in riot gear descended on Keene, New Hampshire, on Saturday night, trying to disperse a rowdy crowd that brought chaos to the city's 24th annual Pumpkin Festival, CNN affiliates reported.

"State and local public safety officials are on the scene and have been working closely together to defuse the situation," Gov. Maggie Hassan said a statement. "We will continue to monitor the situation and provide any assistance necessary to Keene."

Bonfires burned into the early hours of Sunday morning on city streets that were littered with broken beer and liquor bottles, video from CNN affiliate WMUR showed.

"I am saddened and disheartened at the events surrounding this year's Keene Pumpkin Festival," said Keene State College President Anne Huot. "Despite the concerted efforts of organizers, city officials, police, and Keene State College, there continued to be disruptive behavior at parties in multiple locations around the city, injuries, and property damage."

Huot said Keene State students bore some of the responsibility for the unruly behavior, but also suggested that some outside the community had billed the event "as a destination for destructive and raucous behavior."

Authorities weren't able to provide exact figures, but CNN affiliates reported dozens of arrests and the Southwest New Hampshire Mutual Aid Dispatch Center reported multiple ambulances being sent to the scene.

"I got hit with a Jack Daniel's bottle, like across the face," Keene State student Roger Creekmore told WMUR.

Steven French, 18, who was visiting from Haverhill, Massachusetts, described the chaotic scene to the local paper, The Keene Sentinel, as "wicked."

"It's just like a rush. You're revolting from the cops," he told the paper Saturday night. "It's a blast to do things that you're not supposed to do
    Attachment 98645

Attachment 98646

Attachment 98647
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Like Tanks and destruction? Android or Iphone Iron Force.

Join my legion DarkReapers!

YEP...It Figures! Keene NH is a real "upstanding town" lotsa Hemp lovers, pot growers, College kids and P C crowd there... Ya can't fix stupid.....Oh and Keene State...well......
    C Bennett and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

"Like I like got hit with like a Jack Daniels bottle, like in the face and stuff"

We're doomed.
    BenGoodLuck, mano3 and RickyD like this.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    YEP...It Figures! Keene NH is a real "upstanding town" lotsa Hemp lovers, pot growers, College kids and P C crowd there... Ya can't fix stupid.....Oh and Keene State...well......
    Just glad it's downstate fella....
    The more I know of mankind, the more I like my dogs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    "Like I like got hit with like a Jack Daniels bottle, like in the face and stuff"

We're doomed.
    Sounds like college level English to me.
    BenGoodLuck and RickyD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Steven French, 18, who was visiting from Haverhill, Massachusetts, described the chaotic scene to the local paper, The Keene Sentinel, as "wicked."

"It's just like a rush. You're revolting from the cops," he told the paper Saturday night. "It's a blast to do things that you're not supposed to do
    Hm. Revolting from police, eh? I suppose that ~$20K car folks are standing on top of, torched and flipped, is harming police. Folks like this are lashing out at their own neighbors, destroying their property, bringing fear to their community. And the justification for defecating on their neighbors is: to lash out at police.

Takes "youth" to appreciate that line of logic, right there.

Must have skipped over that class, at school, myself. Twisted Illogic 101.

EDIT: I wonder if they could appreciate the simple math ... $6K in attorney fees, 1000hrs community service, 30 days in jail, and paying back $20K for the car plus 3x damages.
    ugh762x39, BenGoodLuck and RickyD like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Its that Eminem and country music I tell ya!
    Like Tanks and destruction? Android or Iphone Iron Force.

Join my legion DarkReapers!

Booze and youth = bad news
    LeftofMars and BenGoodLuck like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by glockcoma View Post
    Just glad it's downstate fella....
    Northwest of me too......Like it's been said..... "Never waste an opportunity"..in this case....too much booze, drugs, and attitudes...equals Rumpswabs acting like such....I'd LOVE to see EVERY PARENT who is currently send their "child" to that school, get billed for expenses incurred for the arrests and cleanup efforts...... Then again, sometimes the acorns don't fall far from the trees.
    mook012 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Northwest of me too......Like it's been said..... "Never waste an opportunity"..in this case....too much booze, drugs, and attitudes...equals Rumpswabs acting like such....I'd LOVE to see EVERY PARENT who is currently send their "child" to that school, get billed for expenses incurred for the arrests and cleanup efforts...... Tehn again, maybe the apples don't fall far from the trees.
    I agree with everything you've said, Bob. Thankfully I live on the seacoast. I'll tell ya, I would be pulling some "protect my property" details like the shop owners did in Ferguson if that was to happen in my area! I have a couple of friends who would gladly stand with me.

I wonder if many of those kids will bear the expenses of their actions. Most likely mommy and daddy will cover it. They'll threaten little Johnny with taking away his cell phone or 2013 car for a few days then sigh with relief when he goes back to school where he's out of their hair.
    mook012 likes this.
    “Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

VIP Member
    Kids, boy, I tell ya...
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by notavictim View Post
    I agree with everything you've said, Bob. Thankfully I live on the seacoast. I'll tell ya, I would be pulling some "protect my property" details like the shop owners did in Ferguson if that was to happen in my area! I have a couple of friends who would gladly stand with me.

I wonder if many of those kids will bear the expenses of their actions. Most likely mommy and daddy will cover it. They'll threaten little Johnny with taking away his cell phone or 2013 car for a few days then sigh with relief when he goes back to school where he's out of their hair.
    ^^ Ohh you could count me in on it!!..... You Becha!..... Light em up!. "Have gun.will travel" LOL
    ESPECIALLY that little town between Hampton NH and Salsbury Ma...called........."Seabrook".

VIP Member
    Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car
    keys to teenage boys.
    P.J. O'Rourke

They say youth is wasted on the young.

The older I get, the more I believe it to be true.

Even though I've done some stupid things when I was younger, I have never gone this far, or even close.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I think I've said it before. This rioting mess needs to stop. First sign of rioting like this, the rubber bullets should come out. After the first warning...the rubber bullets should be swapped out... We don't need any more people like this. We don't need people in our society hell bent on destruction. It has to stop.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member
    I remember MY first beer....
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links