New drivers licence

This is a discussion on New drivers licence within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How do you feel about the new National Drivers Licence and id card? Will it make us more secure or is it giveing the goverment ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New drivers licence

New drivers licence

How do you feel about the new National Drivers Licence and id card? Will it make us more secure or is it giveing the goverment to much info? Will it make it easier to catch the BG due to finger printing?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    This question was answered 248 years ago.

A wise man said way back then "Those who give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither safety or liberty"

Then, Mr. Franklin was affirmed by another man about 100 years later- Carl Shurz said
    "If you want to be free, there is but one way; is to gaurantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors.
    There is no other.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    It's 10% extra ''security'' and 90% robbery of liberty.

It seems there is a sea change toward making it not happen judging by one or two state's statements. I hope common sense can prevail ... the regular DL is plenty enough ID right now. I am in the ''90%'' camp!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    The one thing that I heard last night was that anyone arrested by DHS Dept. Homeland Security will need to give DNA.

It will be mandatory to give DNA for the new National DNA Database.

My objection to that is that an arrest does not necessarily make a citizen guilty.

If they want DNA after a criminal conviction...then I'm all for that.

A person that is just arrested and not yet found guilty in a court of law will still be entered in a Nat DNA criminal database???

That is not right & it's UnAmerican.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Ah'm agin' it.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

So far the AOL poll is close to even but I believe as it progresses it will end up a no vote. The less the goverment knows about you the better. This could be a tool used in a gun grab. You never know who will be in office in 2008.

OK SHOOTER I agree with you 100 per cent. If you have not been convicted of any thing they will be violating your rights.

Administrator
    Yup, I agree with QK too. Even though it will make my job easier, I cant believe people are allowing this to happen. This is not the road we need to start down.
    This is a sign to me that the sheepdogs have left the flock in the care of the wolves.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    I'm not meaning to toss this Off Topic from the Nat Drivers License w/ the DNA database but, both are tied in closely together AKA the same Monster DataBase.

There seems to be some argument that now that taking DNA is non invasive...meaning they do not need blood...only a mouth swab - that somehow it's More OK.

I have nothing against a convicted criminal database or even an Illegal Alien database because those folks are already guilty of a crime.
    We DO need a way to keep track of people who are not legally in this country but commit crimes here.

It will not be long before you'll go to donate blood or go for your job drug testing or even to the dentist & your DNA sample will be automatically shipped off to some database center. I think that what is wanted is a DNA & Identity database on all citizens & possibly/eventually a International World Database & I am not a tin foil hat person.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Sounds like the premise of the movie "Gattaca". Everywhere one goes, they identity is checked by DNA and "inferior" people are not allowed certain privileges or jobs. It's a decent movie to watch if you want to see just how far this stuff can go.

Yes. It is giving the central government too much power and information. Things such as ID cards should be left up to the states, just as the Constitution dictates. Congress constantly oversteps its bounds as limited in the Constitution for a reason.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Next they will want to implant a micro chip under your skin. They need a way to track people.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Next they will want to implant a micro chip under your skin. They need a way to track people.
    Already been done. Currently quite popular with dogs. However there have been people who are "chipped".

Gattaca was mentioned. The movie Demolition Man also comes to mind. Everyone in that movie was chipped except the rebels that they were hunting.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Already been done. Currently quite popular with dogs. However there have been people who are "chipped".

Gattaca was mentioned. The movie Demolition Man also comes to mind. Everyone in that movie was chipped except the rebels that they were hunting.
    Don't forget the movie Equilibrium (wonderful movie, btw). The people weren't chipped, but they were kept under a mandatory drug-induced complacency.

Regarding RealID, it's nothing but a power grab, using a hollow promise of catching terrorists to scare people into giving up liberty and information. It will be a candy shop for identity thieves, and won't do a darn thing to stop fake licenses. Not to mention laying the framework for more information to be added to this national database. This is practically tailor-made for those who want to keep track of gun-owners for a future confiscation.

I'm glad to see a few states are protesting it (but why are they just now starting?). Hopefully, there will be enough people who are uncomfortable with this to repeal it. Otherwise, I really don't know what to expect in a year, when nobody will be able to fly without it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    Almost two hours of your life -This video pretty much says it all about the Guvment - after the tax stuff is some pretty interesting info regarding the Federal Reserve and touches on Global Economy ,borderless America as well as RFID chips and National I.D.'s .
    Also the use of RFID as a direct deposit of your wealth - which I firmly believe will end up as a way to rob you blind and leave you with nothing ...Slavery at its finest .
    Well, at least when they come to take it all away, it will be done in the most effficient way possible so your tax dollars are not wasted. . .

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Absolutely not. Freedom is a fragile possesion and needs to be guarded.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links