Durham Police Officer ambushed

This is a discussion on Durham Police Officer ambushed within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This did not make national news as far as I know. But these incidents seem to be spreading. Mayberry is no more. My wife spent ...

Like Tree24Likes
  • 2 Post By LuvMyPX4
  • 2 Post By Sticks
  • 7 Post By oldpaladin
  • 7 Post By svgheartland
  • 3 Post By cphilip
  • 1 Post By Paladin3840
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By molleur

Thread: Durham Police Officer ambushed

This did not make national news as far as I know. But these incidents seem to be spreading. Mayberry is no more. My wife spent the last 9 years of her career in a "close custody" prison (PC for maximum security) and saw the Muslim population (the radical type, not the peaceful type) mushrooming, recruiting heavily much like street gangs. They maintain contacts on the outside, and return to the neighborhood when released. Expect more of this - watch your 6 as best you can.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/durham-p...230413568.html

http://news.yahoo.com/video/durham-p...030413568.html

Distinguished Member
    Sad, but like you said. The days of Mayberry, Sheriff Taylor, and Deputy Fife are long over.

The time to be aware of all that is going on around us is now.
    Richard58 and Kennydale like this.
    Zechariah 10:5 They shall be like mighty men in battle, trampling the foe in the mud of the streets; they shall fight because the LORD is with them, and they shall put to shame those that seek evil.

NRA Lifetime Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

What this is going to result in, is more officer shootings, that are going to fall into the "Bad Shoot" category due to officers being jumpy. Already quite a few are a little quick to deploy their sidearm.

Crappy job just got crappier.

OR -

This is nothing new, but the mainstream disinformation media is focusing on it, making it seem like a larger issue than it really is. Kind of like the large string of "officer shooting dogs" incidents in Colorado a couple years back. Like one a week.
    StormRhydr and msgt/ret like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

The "thin blue line" of LEOs that represent the thin veneer between order and chaos, has always been under stress- sometimes, more than others. It is now, because of the disparate forces coming to a confluence of doom, that herald TEOCAWKI, that these gallant men and women are in the greatest peril of modern history... Islamofascists, like NBP, NoI, black racist organization, anarchists, Communists, and so many others, are accelerating the decline, and yes, the destruction, of society and Western Civilization. There can be no doubt, that America is undergoing constant attacks, all aimed at it's destruction.

We must pray for those who daily go into harm's way, who protect us from the chaos that will soon envelop us... Pray for them, and pray for their families...

Heavenly Father, please guard, guide, protect, and keep those who so embody this, what Your Dear Son told us,

John 15:13 (NKJV)

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

Please watch out for them, and give them Your Peace, the Peace that passes all understanding. Thank-You, Lord. Amen.

Maranatha

oldpaladin
    "Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Distinguished Member
    Durham has never been Mayberry but just when you think it couldn't get worse........ This stuff reminds me of the late 60's. Up in the primary cities of the rust belt this went on, LEO's taking fire at a red light. The police and the Black Panthers were at it, tooth and nail. Shootings got very random in pattern and quite frequent. Now we have another escalation in racial politics that could meet or exceed those dark days. The dividing line is getting broader everyday. When folks getting angry and afraid the results can be unpredictable. I hope someone figures out a pressure release valve for this mess.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I might point out that there never was a Mayberry. It was and always will be fiction and what we would like things to be...

Quote Originally Posted by oldpaladin View Post
    We must pray for those who daily go into harm's way, who protect us from the chaos that will soon envelop us... Pray for them, and pray for their families.
    This is in no way intended to disparage your concept of helping - but I just chipped in the cost of a month's worth of coffee to the FOP. While I've seen some very sketchy 'police associations' solicit donations, I've been told the FOP makes good use of their donations.

FOP Foundation

Distinguished Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    I have always seen the FOP as being very anti-gun as far as the common citizen is concerned. I guess that does not mean they don't do good in other areas though.

I will be attending this event in a few hours and even recruited two cousin-in-laws to attend with me. Some local media has tried to make it some kind of protest but it is just the opposite. It is meant only to be a show of support.

Sea of Blue Support Rally set for noon Saturday - 19 Action News|Cleveland, OH|News, Weather, Sports

I am waiting on the MOMS and EVERYTOWN to beat their Drum... "IT'S THE FAULT OF GUNS".But i am sure the deflection will be made to LAW ABIDING Citizens.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    I might point out that there never was a Mayberry. It was and always will be fiction and what we would like things to be...
    You are so right. Anyone, especially an LEO, can run into the wrong dirtbag anyplace, anytime. The question is are you prepared for it?
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Mayberry - a historical perspective

Well, for those with an urban or comparatively recent (post 1970 or so) frame of reference, it would appear not. But...

Once upon a time, a long time ago when the world was still flat, there were many Mayberrys. Small rural towns in northern Florida and southern Alabama. Probably a multitude of them across the country part of America. I was raised in one and surrounding towns also fit the stereotype. Few still remain.

Few folks ever locked their house doors, and slept with open windows in summer without incident.

Vehicles were left unlocked, and with windows down on a clear summer day without incident.

Children played in the neighborhood unsupervised without incident.

The town had a population of some 6,000, 3 full time officers and 2 part-timers to work relief. Most officers in those enviornments retired having never pulled their gun on anyone. Resisting arrest was a rarity, and over came with a blackjack or pair of knucks. Their reputation was well known among the native residents. Policemen were well liked and respected in the community, but business was business.

I currently reside in a town of about 25,000. The crime problems of the nearby city are spilling over but many of the older officers, (including the Sheriff himself) and a few of the younger ones still have the small town Constable way of approaching the job. We discussed this malady at length at our last FOP meeting. Some realize that officers are increasingly at risk, and getting seriously injured or killed is somewhat of a crap shoot notwithstanding the utmost negligence and caution.

Our dilemma is how to reach those that will not accept that "times ain't what they used to be".
    molleur likes this.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I don't know about that. My neighborhood where I grew up could be described as a cross between Mayberry and Leave it to Beaver. Progress has turned the entire neighborhood into the proverbial parking lot--literally.
    molleur likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    like the man said.."Times ain't what they used to be"
    Richard58 likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links