Suicide bombers in America?

This is a discussion on Suicide bombers in America? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; rodc13, if you'll check the lower right hand corner of the graphic, it gives the origin. Steve Emerson is a man I trust. I have ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suicide bombers in America?

rodc13, if you'll check the lower right hand corner of the graphic, it gives the origin. Steve Emerson is a man I trust. I have a couple of his books and been in e-mail contact with him as well. He's been an analyst for FOX NEWS on terrorism. I have some friends in DHS. While not specifically confirming the graphic (I asked them the question a couple of years ago) they did not specifically denounce it either. Just a shrug. And a small, tiny .... nod. It makes sense to me.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

A guess...

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    So, what are they waiting for? If the cells are that widespread and organized, why no attack in the U.S. since 9/11?
    First of all the nature of the cell structure is that no cell has contact with any other cell. Each organized group will have a controller that acts as a trigger. The controllers won't have knowledge of too much in case they're compromised.

My guess is that they have tried a LOT of times and been interdicted by our guys both overseas gathering intel and here domestically gathering intel. This is the shadow war being fought. Think of Jack Bauer's CTU. You think they don't really exist in some form? Sure not everything is a cliffhanger. But real intel gets developed and processed and acted upon. There have been some spectacular plots interdicted by the Brits that were within hours of going into play. Think it's not also happening here? The gov't won't report it and the media don't want to report it each for their own disperate reasons.

What worries me is that there might be some sort of universal "GO" code that has been given to everybody. An event, perhaps. I don't know.

Do YOU really think that 911 was it? It wouldn't have been for certain had we not swept into their strongholds to put deadly pressure on the enemy. We kept up the relentless pressure and I am firmly convinced that's the REASON there's not been another 911, they have had no time to plan or to gather resources to put them into play. The best they can do is try and activate some of the cells. When that happens I'll bet there is "chatter" and we seem to be good in connecting the dots.

But these foul animals have no intention of giving up their bloody dream of our ultimate destruction. They want an American Hiroshima. You know what that means. My guess is that when that happens that will be the universal "GO" code for everybody else.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    I think it's far more likely that another attack on US soil will only spawn public cries for the government to "do something, anything." And you know as well as I do that first on the list is tighter government control on private possession of anything that could be used as a weapon. This will include firearms, whether they were used in the attack or not.
    I'm not saying this is the only reason I got a gun for HD but it is ONE reason, and to be ready. People at work think I'm scary for getting a gun and not even knowing why, if they did, then they would think I was paraniod / crazy. Now I know why they are called sheepeople. This is one reason that the 2A will be sooo important, the gov will not be able to do everything.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Just saw an ad in the paper today from Walmart. Security Guard wanted. $7.00 bucks an hour. Unarmed and untrained of course. But at least they give him a car so he can be towards the outer potions of the parking lot looking for muggers. It will take a bomber in Walmart or other place before these people will decide cheap isn't the way to go anymore. And of course DC will take no action till someone starts jacking with corporate as that's DC's free bread and butter money.

As a CCW'er, is there anything we can do if we see some guy in a big coat fiddling with what appears to be a switch that is wired to something in his coat?
    By the time you see that you'll be dead.

On SHEEP....

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    People at work think I'm scary for getting a gun and not even knowing why, if they did, then they would think I was paraniod / crazy.
    If you hang around with SHEEPLE, why on earth would you EVER tell them you're armed in the first place? I promise you they DO think you're both crazy and paranoid. Sheep can't help but think anything else. Have you ever read the sheepdog essay? I think it's been "stickied" some place on the board. If not I'll post a link.

http://www.pgpft.com/On_Sheep_Wolves...s-Grossman.htm

There is the Sheepdog essay Ex is talkin about, good read.

This type of scenario is something that really bothers me, especially when there are times I can't carry, like at school, and people of different ethnic groups are extremely common and no one gives them a second look (not that I am profiling people or a racist, but 19 German/Irish Americans didn't fly planes into buildings killing thousands of Americans). People on campus from different cultures speaking other languages is extremely common and it really wouldn't be hard for them to co-ordinate something like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Suicide Bombers?

They're already here...
    And probably something worse too...yep, already here...

They are good at waiting...9/11 the alarm went off, but most Americans have just hit the 'snooze' button...

Wake up folks...they ARE at the door...

This could be the year...I actually expected it to happen before last Christmas...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They won't bother with suicide bombers here in my opinion, not enough casualties or residual damage to the economy. There is so much at stake with launching an attack here, so many ways it can go wrong or be discovered, that they need to aim for the biggest possible target like 9.11.01.
    If they did a few bombs as they did in Madrid or London there would be a brief public panic then every Muslim adult male in the country would be observed, arrested or extradited.
    No, they don't want to do a small attack and then lose all the ground they have gained by secretly infiltrating our society. They will attack on a large scale, killing thousands and crippling our economy.
    That is their plan and anything less than that is the work of unrelated amateurs, such as the DC snipers were.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    They won't bother with suicide bombers here in my opinion, not enough casualties or residual damage to the economy. There is so much at stake with launching an attack here, so many ways it can go wrong or be discovered, that they need to aim for the biggest possible target like 9.11.01.
    If they did a few bombs as they did in Madrid or London there would be a brief public panic then every Muslim adult male in the country would be observed, arrested or extradited.
    No, they don't want to do a small attack and then lose all the ground they have gained by secretly infiltrating our society. They will attack on a large scale, killing thousands and crippling our economy.
    That is their plan and anything less than that is the work of unrelated amateurs, such as the DC snipers were.
    I disagree with this. While I agree that big attacks make the most statement... small attacks, launched by lone individuals.. they can get easily into malls, near schools, anywhere they want to be.

See, I think that too many people think that you only really should fear an attack if you live in NYC, D.C., L.A., etc. Once a suicide attack happens in small town USA, along with bigger cities.. people will live in fear. I don't know about you, but I will be a bit worried going to places if I know there are suicide bombers about. People will be less likely to go places as often as they use to. That will mean spending less money.

So people say, just search people before they enter malls, etc.. yeah... go ahead and search the suicide bomber waiting in line.. he WANTS you to gather people up in a line so he can detonate. There's absolutely no way to stop someone from doing this, unless you find out about their plans ahead of time and can lock them up.

Once a suicide attack happens in small town USA, along with bigger cities.. people will live in fear. I don't know about you, but I will be a bit worried going to places if I know there are suicide bombers about. People will be less likely to go places as often as they use to.
    That's a valid opinion, but I lived in Israel in the late '80s and in London and elsewhere in England when the IRA were active. I've been late for events and when I got there the area was cordoned off by the Police after a bomb blast.
    I hate to say this but you kind of get used to it, in a way that you don't get used to events like 9.11 or a dirty bomb. It's still reprehensible, I'm not saying bombers aren't bad and the losses aren't valid. But life, commerce and society recovers quicker.

No, they will hit us hard again.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    That's a valid opinion, but I lived in Israel in the late '80s and in London and elsewhere in England when the IRA were active. I've been late for events and when I got there the area was cordoned off by the Police after a bomb blast.
    I hate to say this but you kind of get used to it, in a way that you don't get used to events like 9.11 or a dirty bomb. It's still reprehensible, I'm not saying bombers aren't bad and the losses aren't valid. But life, commerce and society recovers quicker.

No, they will hit us hard again.
    you might get use to things, but not from the beginning. Israel didn't just become use to suicide bombers from the very start. And we won't either. It will have a big impact on the economy for a while just like 9/11 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    As a CCW'er, is there anything we can do if we see some guy in a big coat fiddling with what appears to be a switch that is wired to something in his coat? What if it is some kind of I-Pod or other personal electronic device?
    Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman View Post
    By the time you see that you'll be dead.
    Yup. While a solider doing this at a guarded check point has the entire government behind him when doing such a thing, the lone CCW has the entire government against him when doing the same thing. Ditto on the idea that it would likely be too late.

In this country of wired devices and earphones, I'd be willing to bet that you'll see a hundred of these along a crowded street or park right now, and that distinguishing the one BG out of that batch would be a practical impossibility. (Frankly, if I were a BG with such a unit, I'd simply wire a switch down to my hand, such that "fidgeting" weren't required. Can't imagine the real BG's do it any differently, and that would eliminate the possibility of a rogue person catching wind of the plan as it's going down.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    rodc13, if you'll check the lower right hand corner of the graphic, it gives the origin.
    Hey, Ex, you're quick! I went back to correct my message asking about source after I looked at the graphic again. Thought I'd gotten it done before anyone saw my question. It do help to read all the info before asking the question that's already been answered. Sheesh.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Do YOU really think that 911 was it?
    I doubt it very seriously. In fact I'm very surprised there hasn't been another attack. I expect it more in the form of IEDs rather than suicide bombers, though. Just consider how disruptive the Cartoon Network's recent guerilla ad campaign was. A threat doesn't even have to be real to cause problems. A single IED on a rail line or a crowded freeway during rush hour could paralyze a city.

That's why I'm surprised that a wide-spread terror network, disparate though it is, has managed to carry off not one attack in over three years.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    So, what are they waiting for? If the cells are that widespread and organized, why no attack in the U.S. since 9/11?
    just to back up about the shadow war ongoing...

post 9-11 intel proves there were to be at least 10 planes hijacked. speculation is, one or two simply didnt have the guts or liked the lifestyle too much here to give it up, but mostly interference/difficulty relaying information betwixt cells...

regardless, alot of time and alot more cells have popped up in the interim, with a significant portion of america going back to feeling sorry for the islamic scum or at least hitting the snooze button again and rolling over, forgetting about anything beyond their comfort zone going on in the world.

god help us if the dem's win in 2008.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links