Suicide bombers in America?

This is a discussion on Suicide bombers in America? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by briansmech just to back up about the shadow war ongoing... post 9-11 intel proves there were to be at least 10 planes ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suicide bombers in America?

Quote Originally Posted by briansmech View Post
    just to back up about the shadow war ongoing...

post 9-11 intel proves there were to be at least 10 planes hijacked. speculation is, one or two simply didnt have the guts or liked the lifestyle too much here to give it up, but mostly interference/difficulty relaying information betwixt cells...

regardless, alot of time and alot more cells have popped up in the interim, with a significant portion of america going back to feeling sorry for the islamic scum or at least hitting the snooze button again and rolling over, forgetting about anything beyond their comfort zone going on in the world.

god help us if the dem's win in 2008.
    So, it sounds like they either lack determination or competence, or both.

It would be hard to imagine the dems doing a worse job than the current bunch, who's botched so much practically everyone's lost confidence in them.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

2. Remove Ads

oh, i can imagine it being much worse.

the dem's couldve prevented 9-11 on their watch, aka The Clinton Era.

electing another clinton, or worse, someone named "obama" wouldnt have an emboldening effect on our foes?

saying the enemy doesnt have determination? hmmm, you must have different criteria for Suicide Bombing.... Determination comes wayyyy up there on my list, and there doesnt seem to be a shortage of them. competence? what kind of competence is required to weild a box knife or press a button?

i dont see whats so botched. please, tell me what you would've done so different.

Shall we stay away from partisan politics?
    This thread is far more interesting open than closed.

Cost/benefit ratio. I would look at schools, next. Half a dozen Beslan-style attacks, and the country would pretty well shut down. Kids don't go to school. At least one of two working parents (of all families) will call-in/stay home. EMS on full-shift, no leave, 24/7 for at least 2-3 weeks. Your community grinds to a halt.

A dirty-bomb would be "good", but localized, and would not be capable of producing the same level of grid-lock. Why? Because other communities across the country would mobilize to assist. Kill kids- people stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Cost/benefit ratio. I would look at schools, next. Half a dozen Beslan-style attacks, and the country would pretty well shut down. Kids don't go to school. At least one of two working parents (of all families) will call-in/stay home. EMS on full-shift, no leave, 24/7 for at least 2-3 weeks. Your community grinds to a halt.

A dirty-bomb would be "good", but localized, and would not be capable of producing the same level of grid-lock. Why? Because other communities across the country would mobilize to assist. Kill kids- people stay home.
    Excellent point, Rob. Downtown Austin, Texas was shut down recently when a large number of birds were found dead. You can just imagine the response to an horrific attack such as you describe.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I'm not surprised anything hasn't happened since 9/11 because terrorists are patient people. they'll wait till things settle just enough to cause the maximum damage possible. that could be 10 years or so between attacks. they don't think like an effective military. they want to hurt and cripple for one cause or another they think is right. an extremist, that has never done anything wrong in they're life (that's the whole point/cover) has (been) prepared for this almost since birth. life doesn't mean as much to them as an afterlife and they'll use they're whole life to prepare. that's what makes them so dangerous and unpredictable. sorry, but i can't help but profile. i don't treat some different because of who they are or what they look like but it's my preference to raise my own alert level if i feel it necessary. doing two tours over there, habits develop. i still look at overpasses when i drive under them because... it's habit and experience. I'd put money on it that they're embedded all over the county and have been for who knows how long, waiting. paranoid? i don't think so. just realistic.
    What's this button do?

I am far from a "Terrorism Expert" or even a learned man with respect to same, but more a interested observer. All of the postings above basically sent chills down my spine..........

Combine a few bombings in several (say 5 to 8) large cities to grid-lock their medical and security infrastructures, combine that with the aforementioned school scenarios, and add in a good mix of random individual bombers, and chaos ensues.

911 was a National disaster psychologically even though it was physically isolated to a few locales, N.O. after Katrina is an example of a regional disaster, OKC after the Murrah bombing was a city-wide disaster. The WDC snipers were a very localized terror event.....

When events start being combined and possibly snowballing, the response of the governments and related infrastructures will be significantly strained. This could well trigger "control responses" in the leaders resulting in severe 2A attacks.

Terrorists create terror, doubt, and emotional upheaval. I think we have a long road ahead of us.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Like 0.02, I also lived in Isreal during the late 80's. Believe it or not, you do indeed get "used to" bombings. Life goes on. There is one big difference between us and the Isreal populatiion. They are an armed populace, and are not afraid of "taking care of business". We, on the other hand are more interested in political correctness, and not offending someone. We will get hit again, but I'm afraid that it will take several such events to wake up and take real corrective action. That's why I believe that every family should have an emergency supply of food, water, etc. to take care of themselves. Don't expect the government to help you, unless you live in N.O.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Yes I can see more terror attacks happening. I can also see our government giving themselves a pay hike everytime it happens.

Angry

I don't claim to be a terrorism expert, but I have watched Fox News a few times, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. So here is my take on the it.

The enemy hates us and wants us converted or dead. That's a given.
    At the same time, they have to play politcs to their advantage.

IMO, right now they have us just where they want us. Most people are against us taking the fight to them, and if we leave the battlefield in defeat we will prove Osama correct. He told his followers that the people of this country were soft and don't have the stomach for prolonged conflict. He learned this after seeing the pullout in Somolia, as well as the effects of vietnam.

An attack on American soil right now would only serve to steele the resolve of the public, like the 9/11 attack did. They are winning the PR war now and if they can get us to pull out overseas, they will have a victory against the most powerful nation in the world.

So basically, at this point an attack on our soil would work against them. I believe this is why they haven't done it.

They know the best way to win the current battle is to provide a slow trickle of dead Americans and continual terror atacks from half a world away to our tv sets everyday. This makes the people of this country squeemish and sours them on the whole situation, which in turn leads to seditious speech by idiotic politicians on C-Span, about how we are loosing and we should pull out. Currently the enemy is creating conditions by which they are able to play the US media and Liberal politicains to their advantage.

If we pull out of the war and allow them to claim their first victory, it will create a paradigm shift in the conflict that could lead to terror attacks on our soil becoming their next tactical move. Two or three days of sustained attacks to this country would bring our system and economy to a screeching halt. I hope it never happens, but will prepare as if I expect it to.

Semper paradis! Semper fidelis!
    Last edited by sgtD; February 12th, 2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: numerous typos, sorry about the sloppy writing.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

as obvious is that is sgtD, it's an eye opener and i needed that small kick in the ass to un-distract (is that a word?) my A#$ to the bigger picture. i stated pure facts in my last post but i don't know everything and this is another piece of information that helps widen the lens.
    What's this button do?

Got me to thinking if (or should I say when...) something like this happens (SHTF scenario) would I be ready (supplies, etc). I think now would be a good time to go ahead and drop the money on an AR-15 and lots-o-ammo along with food, water, medical, etc.

As of right now I have plenty for home defense (breaking and entering or something similar) but in a national crisis if everything were gridlocked or if the country were paralyzed I would definetly want more ammo and better SHTF weapon.

I'm sure that I would also end up (in that situation) being one of the few sheepdog since I currently live in downtown Fort Worth where there are more sheep than say in the coutryside. More of a sheep mentality (from my experience) in urban areas.

That being said, I would want a few thousand rounds of ammo in that situation, plus survival rations, etc

Hmmm, how to store it all in an apartment out of sight so I don't come across as paranoid to any girls I bring home...

Wink Home Depot

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    That being said, I would want a few thousand rounds of ammo in that situation, plus survival rations, etc
    Hmmm, how to store it all in an apartment out of sight so I don't come across as paranoid to any girls I bring home...
    I store my ammo in wheeled plastic tool boxes I got at Home Depot for $40 each. I have four of them FULL. The only way I could move them is by extending the metal arms and using them to easily lift and push or pull the ammo anywhere I want. There are neat little compartments and trays to sift and sort. And it is absolutely nondescript. They're also stackable. You might just be a neat freak. No wait, very few GUYS (least of all me--ask my wife) qualify there...so you might really be into ummmm FIXIN' STUFF!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I store my ammo in wheeled plastic tool boxes I got at Home Depot for $40 each. I have four of them FULL. The only way I could move them is by extending the metal arms and using them to easily lift and push or pull the ammo anywhere I want. There are neat little compartments and trays to sift and sort. And it is absolutely nondescript. They're also stackable. You might just be a neat freak. No wait, very few GUYS (least of all me--ask my wife) qualify there...so you might really be into ummmm FIXIN' STUFF!
    Good idea ExSoldier, I might have to try that. I am definetly not a neat freak, although the apartment I am in now has no storage or out of the way space. Those tool boxes would probably hide away in the closet nicely (it's a walkthrough closet) and wouldn't stand out too much.

In fact if I can find one that I can put a lock on it might be all the better so if someone were to rob me when I'm not home they probably wouldn't get away with it and might not think twice of it.

In addition visitors wouldn't be frightened by having assault rifles lying all around and tons of ammo...might kind of change the mood

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I don't claim to be a terrorism expert, but I have watched Fox News a few times, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. So here is my take on the it.

The enemy hates us and wants us converted or dead. That's a given.
    At the same time, they have to play politcs to their advantage.

IMO, right now they have us just where they want us. Most people are against us taking the fight to them, and if we leave the battlefield in defeat we will prove Osama correct. He told his followers that the people of this country were soft and don't have the stomach for prolonged conflict. He learned this after seeing the pullout in Somolia, as well as the effects of vietnam.

An attack on American soil right now would only serve to steele the resolve of the public, like the 9/11 attack did. They are winning the PR war now and if they can get us to pull out overseas, they will have a victory against the most powerful nation in the world.

So basically, at this point an attack on our soil would work against them. I believe this is why they haven't done it.

They know the best way to win the current battle is to provide a slow trickle of dead Americans and continual terror atacks from half a world away to our tv sets everyday. This makes the people of this country squeemish and sours them on the whole situation, which in turn leads to seditious speech by idiotic politicians on C-Span, about how we are loosing and we should pull out. Currently the enemy is creating conditions by which they are able to play the US media and Liberal politicains to their advantage.

If we pull out of the war and allow them to claim their first victory, it will create a paradigm shift in the conflict that could lead to terror attacks on our soil becoming their next tactical move. Two or three days of sustained attacks to this country would bring our system and economy to a screeching halt. I hope it never happens, but will prepare as if I expect it to.

Semper paradis! Semper fidelis!
    Sadly, I feel that this is true and not many people know this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links